Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dnf913, Sep 13, 2012.

1. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

1. Oregon

[​IMG]

They ended last season ranked number 1 and they start this season and there is no reason for them to start anywhere different this year. This really talented team came into their own last year with a breakout national championship performance. I expect big things from the Ducks, this season and beyond.

2. Alabama

[​IMG]

The Crimson Tide where so close to that national title last year, they just couldn’t hold on against the Ducks of Oregon. The have another very talented team and they look to be the favorites out of the very tough SEC.

3. Wisconsin

[​IMG]

It will be interesting to see if the Badgers can put it all together this season, they have some talent, but also lost some of their best guys. I have a feeling this may be their breakout season in Madison.

4. South Carolina

[​IMG]

The Gamecocks are always a tough test and this season is no different, a talented defense is led by all everything DE Jadaveon Clowney, I expect huge things this season from Clowney.

5. USC

[​IMG]

Somehow they retained star WR Marquise Lee who should lead a powerful offense this season, we will have to see if the Trojans can win against those pesky Oregon Ducks this season though.

6. Florida

[​IMG]

An extremely talented team, especially on defense, that if things clicked for them could find themselves playing for an SEC and National Championship this season.

7. Ohio State

[​IMG]

Another very talented team, but they have a tough matchup in the Badgers this season, time will tell if they are for real.

8. Michigan

[​IMG]

Last year was a bump in the road for the Wolverines. I expect them to bounce back this season as long as they can find an offense they are comfortable with.

9. Stanford

[​IMG]

Stanford is really a question mark for me, I struggle ranking them, because if things go right they could be in the top 2-3 but could easily end up at 9 at the end of the season as well.

10. Arkansas

[​IMG]

The Hogs lost a ton of talent last season, and while they have some young talent on defense, it doesn’t look like it will be enough in the always tough SEC.

11. Cal

[​IMG]

I could easily be wrong about this team this year, but I think they will have a tough time trying to find their way to Pasadena this year.

12. Northwestern

[​IMG]

Their coach is a complete mystery to me, but even if he is really good it’s going to be tough early on with the talent disadvantage he faces with Northwestern.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I think Northwestern is going to have to do some work to gain respect around here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Nah, the reason you're low is because people still remember you from aj/sonns league.

5. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Son of a, I see my reputation precedes me once again. Luckily I get a pretty easy first game to get my feet wet before I get into the meat of my schedule. Speaking of which, you want to play that tonight? I should be able to roll any time after 10 central if you'll be around.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

After 10 central may be tough for tonight. I could do earlier if thats possible for you. Otherwise tomorrow in the afternoon is probably the next window.

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Ok, I might be able to swing a something in the 8:30-9 CST range tonight, but tomorrow afternoon probably works out better for me too. If you want to figure on playing sometime between 1-4 that would probably be best.

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

So, the problem with 1-4 is that I'll be at the Maryland game that kicks off at 12:30. I should be back home right at around 4, so we should be able to kickoff around 415 or so. But if you can do something at 830-9 or earlier tonight, then thats probably gonna be perfect.

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Alright, I'll try to swing 8:30ish if that's perfect for you. I'd rather watch college football during the day if I get a free moment anyway. I'll look for ya then. Looking at our teams, it should be a pretty even match up. I've probably only gotten worse as a player since we last played, so I got you winning by 24.

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Wait... NW plays Cal? How did that happen?

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

james-franco-eyes.gif

12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On