Preseason predictions

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Preseason predictions

I'd like everyone to answer the following questions in relation to your team this upcoming season. Ideally, this will be done between tonight when we launch the preseason and when you play your first game.

1. What players did you lose in the offseason that you will really miss in 2010?
    2. What players are returning that you expect to be key contributors (such as returning underclassmen or guys who may have redshirted last season)?
    3. Do you have any incoming recruits that you expect to get significant playing time in 2010?
    4. Do you envision your offensive or defensive style to change as a result of last year?
    5. What game are you most looking forward to on your schedule and why?
    6. What is the one thing about your style of play you think other coaches in the OD will remember you for after this season?
    7. Finally, predict your season results, both within your conference and in the national picture.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Notre Dame Fighting Irish 2010 Season Preview:

1. What players did you lose in the offseason that you will really miss in 2010?
    Surprisingly none, I really didn't lose any key guys from last years team as all the big time guys were underclassmen and they all stayed in school.

2. What players are returning that you expect to be key contributors (such as returning underclassmen or guys who may have redshirted last season)?
    The combination at the offensive skill positions of Jimmy Clausen (QB), Armando Allen (HB), Golden Tate & Malcolm Floyd (WR's) and Kyle Rudolph (TE) should put up huge numbers on offense this year. On defense, we will look to the defensive line, led by K. Lewis Moore to make life difficult for opposing QB's.

3. Do you have any incoming recruits that you expect to get significant playing time in 2010?
    The only recruit that will get significant PT this year is a true freshman punter.

4. Do you envision your offensive or defensive style to change as a result of last year?
    Since I took the team over at the end of last year I'm not sure what the offense was with the prior coaching staffs. Under Coach Dru, we will run mainly an under center offense that will feature a number of 2 TE sets.

I'm looking most forward to matchups with my new Big East rivals at Pitt, Cincy and USF. Three great coaches and three great teams, should be fun.

6. What is the one thing about your style of play you think other coaches in the OD will remember you for after this season?
    I'm hoping that I'll be remembered for an offense that was nearly unstoppable.

7. Finally, predict your season results, both within your conference and in the national picture.
    Notre Dame will likely be favored in each game due to overall talent on the team, with the exception of maybe the game vs Pitt. Our goal is to win the Big East, and a record of 3-1 in user games would hopefully get me there.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

What players did you lose in the offseason that you will really miss in 2010?

QB Tony Pike and WR Mardy Gilyard will be greatly missed by the Bearcats.

What players are returning that you expect to be key contributors (such as returning underclassmen or guys who may have redshirted last season)?

Key returners will be QB's Chazz Anderson and Z. Collaros. They'll be the focal point of our attack. We also have WR Vidal Hazelton, why's that name sound familar? He transfered here from USC but was forced to sit out last season. He'll have a big impact for our WR's this season. Also, look for DJ Woods and J. Howard to pickup for the production Gilyard provided. J. Howard at 6'4" 210 lbs with 90 speed will cause a lot of trouble for defensive secondaries.
    Do you have any incoming recruits that you expect to get significant playing time in 2010?

Our freshman won't see significant minutes, but they'll play vital backup roles. They'll find there way in during the rotation, so they'll be getting prepared all season long.

Do you envision your offensive or defensive style to change as a result of last year?

Yes, our offense will change. Pike was a pro style pocket passer. Collaros and Anderson are very mobile. We'll also be switching up playbooks on offense and defense. The coaching staff expects much bigger things from our defense as they're no longer the youngins they were last season.

What game are you most looking forward to on your schedule and why?

All the Big East user games are circled on the Bearcats calendar, especially USF. They embarrassed us last year, that won't happen again.
    What is the one thing about your style of play you think other coaches in the OD will remember you for after this season?

That offense is sick!

Finally, predict your season results, both within your conference and in the national picture.

The Bearcats goal is a 10 win season and to compete for the Big East title. We fell short with 9 wins last year so we need to get to 10 this year to show progress. Beyond that, we want our defense to improve and everything else will take care of itself.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

QB Matt Grothe and DE George Selvie. I am going to miss both of those guys. Grothe was awesome in the pocket, he dodged more tackles in the pocket, and just broke more tackles than any other QB I have ever used. As for Selvie... What can you say? The guy was a beast! NCAA single-game record holder for Sacks
    What players are returning that you expect to be key contributors (such as returning underclassmen or guys who may have redshirted last season)?
    B.J. Daniels. He needs to be really good for USF to have a shot. I got Ford to come back for his Senior year too. Look out for him! He should put up great stats. and I have this kid at DE who redshirted last year. He is a freshman. Thats all Im going to say about him for now.
    Do you have any incoming recruits that you expect to get significant playing time in 2010?
    Not really no. Maybe this big(6'6) :4stars: DT who ended up 3rd on the DC
    Do you envision your offensive or defensive style to change as a result of last year?
    Nope. I was a few plays away from perfection last year. I dont have the same QB but I've got my fingers crossed this time lol
    All BigEAST games. Pitt and ND especially. Im looking for revenge against Noles that extends across multiple dynasties, and I havent played Dru since year 1 of Coast2Coast!
    What is the one thing about your style of play you think other coaches in the OD will remember you for after this season?
    B.J. Daniels and Mike Ford. Hopefully these are names that everyone lwill learn to either love/hate.
    Finally, predict your season results, both within your conference and in the national picture.
    Top 10 finish
    top 2 finish in Big East
    probably undefeated national champs though;)

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Definetly, Colt McCoy. Losing Sergio Kindle on the Dline hurts as well

Earl Thomas (FS) will be expected to lead the defense, and Fozzy will carry the load on Offense.

Most will be backups or redshirts

Most likely, it will stay the same, just a bit more reliance on the run game from the spread offense.

The Red River Shootout! The winner could have a decent shot at the National Title, and at least the Big 12

Running the ball. Specifically, the Power out of all formations.
    Also, inconsistency...

With a new QB, a National Title may be a stretch. The goal is always the Big 12. I could see anywhere between 8-10 wins and a Jan. 1st Bowl Game.

6. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Offense - HB Quentin Castille. He started the season as the backup, but at seasons' end led the team in rushing yards with over 1,200 yards.

Defense - Larry Asante and Ndamukong Suh. Asante led the team in tackles and was the leader of the secondary. Suh didn't accumulate a ton of stats, but clogged the middle of the field, helping the Cornhuskers become one of the top run defenses in the nation.

HB Roy Helu Jr and DT Pierre Allen. Helu Jr will carry the load offensively, and Allen will be asked to lead a solid D-Line.

Nope. I have an Athlete converted to Center that will be 2nd string who will pick up some garbage time. Other than that, the rest of the freshmen will randomly get playing time if the score is way out of hand.

I don't believe it will change much, but offensively I don't expect to be as dependent on the run. It's still the bread and butter, but I'll look to mix in more passing so the defense can't key in on the run.

Oklahoma and Kansas State are the ones circled in red. Kansas State is an obvious one, the winner will likely win the Big 12 North. Oklahoma beat us twice last year, and we'll look to exact some revenge for those losses.

Regardless of who is in the backfield, I'm gonna run the damn ball.

With a large majority of my starters being Seniors, this is the year to make some noise. I'm going to predict I barely get past Hokie to win the North, but I think the game will be an instant classic, possibly an OT win. This puts me up against either Texas or Oklahoma, both of which have more talent than Nebraska. I think I can win the Big 12, but if I was a betting man, I'd say go with the Big 12 South winner. Not sure of my other user games, but If I can split them 2-2 during the regular season, then lose the Big 12 Championship game, it would put me at:

Prediction: 11-3 (again)

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[
      Hard for me to say exactly, but I'm pretty sure there was a decent qb..cox? He's gone and the cupboard is bare.
      HB's Mario Fannin and Onterrio McCaleb will lead the offense this season.
      I didn't redshirt HB Chris Jackson and expect a decent contribution from him as a backup.

N/A........but I can tell you I've never ran an offense with the FleXbox One, so that will be a big departure from what I'm used to.

To be honest, it was the Alabama game, but dru bolted..lol. Obviously, the user games are huge and I only have 1 conference user, so its gonna be a SEC West Championship game for me.
      All the cheese I bring!! And how often I turn the ball over.

We're hoping to go 7-1 (at least) in the SEC and somehow get to 10 wins overall.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

WR- Oderick Turner
    FS- Elijah Fields

Dion Lewis! He has to stay healthy though
    Dan Mason- MLB :RS: last year

WR- Samuel Whitaker 6'6'' 87spd
    CB- Jeremy Jack

No

None-- "I ain't even gotta practice, never gettin' rusty, no I ain't lookin' down but I see no one above me"

That were National Champs

Big East Champs, BCS Bowl

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2010 Tennessee Volunteers
      Surprisingly not much. HB Hardesty will be missed but by the end of the season Bryce Brown had taken the starting job anyways. QB Crompton graduate but hopefully RS Senior QB Stephens can put together a nice season.
      Eric Berry came back! I was shocked he didnt go pro but im glad he stuck around to anchor the defense. Bryce Brown will look to improve on a stellar freshman year and carry the load in the backfield.
      I dont believe I do. We were pretty young to begin with so I believe most of the youngsters will be redshirted or play a back-up role.
      Not really. On offense, we'll continue to run the ball alot with our backs. I would like to see Stephens play safe and not turn the ball over like we did last year with Crompton at the QB position. On defense, we'll look to mix things up a bit more. We played alot of man last season and forced very few turnovers. This year, we'll turn more safeties and LB's loose on blitzes instead of playing so close to the vest.
      Probably Florida, just to see if we have gotten any better from the shut-out IrishEagles put on us last year at the Swamp.
      Conservitive would be the word. Im really trying to keep things simple on offense this season and go from there.
      If we can get through those first 4 games against users with a split, I think we could possibly go 10-2, and finish 2nd in the SEC East. But, then again, I have been known to lose a game here and there against the CPU. At worst we should be 7-5 but im hoping for much more!