Preseason Questions for all Legacy Coaches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Random questions about the upcoming season for all of our coaches to answer.

How do you feel about your team this season? Record prediction?

What games on the schedule are looking forward to the most this upcoming season?

What type of offense and defense do you plan on running?

Assuming you have already looked at your roster, what will be your biggest year 1 recruiting needs?

What user do you think will win a NC first?

What are you looking forward to the most in the upcoming legacy season?

2. Hova

My offense seems to be strong, Denard looks amazing and I should have some nice targets for him if he can get the ball to them. The defense looks average, especially on the 2nd and 3rd levels. I have alot of tough games this season but my strong offense should be able to get me some W's. I am aiming for 9-3.

What games on the schedule are looking forward to the most this upcoming season?

Western first off. I can't wait to get this started and try out denard and company. I am hoping to put a smashing on the team from KZOO. Aside from that the night game vs Notre Dame is going to be huge and obviously the first matchup of "The Game" with OSU, which will be a great rivalry for years to come.

I am going to take a look at the new Michigan playbook first. I will pry end up customizing my playbook like most but I want to stay partly true to what Michigan does in real life, which is kind of unknown right now. As for defense, I will pry start out with the 4-3 base and pry use multiple.

Assuming you have already looked at your roster, what will be your biggest year 1 recruiting needs?

Safety and LB. The safety is the vocal point of my defense and as it stands now I really have nobody even close to what I want. That will be my number 1 target, followed by LBs, then a HB for the future.

I wanna say Oregon or Bama because of the strong early teams.

To get on the field! Want to start kicking out content as a group and having alot of fun. Can't wait to get on the field at the big outhouse!

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Well, the offense is going to be kind of bad and the defense is a little bit underrated in the game, so we'll have to see. There's some young talent, so that's good for the future. As far as a record prediction goes, I certainly think that my team is capable of running the table, but that will be tough. Alabama is in my division and that team is rated high enough that Helen Keller could win it all with that team. USC should be a cakewalk. I have had some success last year against Ceewo, and this time around it will be my team that's better, so I think I have a chance at winning that one. I don't know my other OOC opponent, so I can't say anything about that one. Anyway... I'd be upset with more than 2 losses.

I can't wait to beat the crap out of West Virginia and Auburn.

I will likely run a 4-3 with a couple 3-4 formations in there (Predator + 1 other), but may end up running a 4-2-5 because my defensive backs are amazing but I don't have a lot of depth at linebacker.

Quarterback and Tight End - I have two seniors and a junior at both positions. I will need a couple of lineman as well. I may need to look at some JUCO talent at some of those positions.

It should be Alabama, but I will say Oregon wins it first. His OOC game is OSU, and he had lots of wins against AbolishTheFed last season. In the PAC12, Oregon is the best team, and USC is good, but there's a big talent gap with Washington and Oregon State.

Knocking the piss out of USC.

4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    From Corvallis, Oregon a word from the Beavers

I have never used the Beavs in a season but here is what I know based on rosters. My running game is going to be mediocre at best. I am definitely a run first offensive mind. Being a pass first team is going to require a lot of practice time which i can not guarantee that I will be able to dedicate

On defense, I have an OK front 4. Line backers are questionable with mediocre CB's but decent at the Safety Position. I will most likely run a 4-3 or 3-3-5 like i did my days at WVU. I will have to play with both schemes prior to starting the season to determine my offensive and defensive playbooks. I really liked Fresno State's offensive PB but we will have to see.

I see the Beavers going 7-5 at the worst 8-4 and the best

The Ducks since its a rivalry game and heading to the Swamp to play the Gators.

As I mentioned, on defense it will either be a 4-3 or 3-3-5 based on how we look at camp. Fresno State will probably be our offensive scheme.

Half Back. I am not impressed with what I see so far.

I am going with the Ducks. Lots of returners.

Meeting so new coaches and developing some fun rivalries.

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Random questions about the upcoming season for all of our coaches to answer.

I'm not sure how the players on Ohio State are going to be ranked. We can be pretty sure that they will be under-rated and Miami, Florida State, Penn State, Texas, Florida, Notre Dame, and scUM will all be over-rated. I'm not sure what my schedule will be besides playing cnic for the 12th time in a year and the Lawn Weasels in the season finale.

Nebraska or Wisconsin

I will run the 4-3 and try to recruit the hell out of defensive linemen. On offense, I will run a pro-style offense, mainly out of the I-formation.

I'll base my answer off the real Buckeyes needs, since I have no idea what the roster looks like. I will focus on OT, C, FB, WR, QB, DE, and CB in year 1.

Oregon

I'm having more trouble getting excited for this version of the game than any previous version. All the things going on with real college football are ruining my enjoyment of the game and my interest in the upcoming season has waned as a result. Hopefully, the game is great and I can get my mojo back.

6. Hova

you should be able to check out ohio states roster on the teambuilder site

7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    where is that?

8. Hova

9. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

well...these are all great questions......i wont be able to answer any until i see our final rosters...no our slider settings,,,,and actually see the game...now i can feed u all some bull shit til then if thats what u want...let me no and i will...otherwise i need to see the real shit if u want some real answers.....let me no.....

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Lots of unfinished thoughts.

11. MoonBBad

ND overrated? Lol. If anything our defense is underrated and our offense is rated about right.

12. Hova

I want tougher sliders then last year, I know that.

13. abolishthefed

I'm hoping that doesn't include sliders where the defensive line blows through an offensive line that doesn't move like a few leagues here had last year.

14. abolishthefed

Is the defense rated B- or worse? If not, then it is overrated.

If scUM's defense is any higher than C+, it's overrated. They gave up more than 50 points in multiple games.

15. Hova

UofMs defense is DEF overrated lol.

The sliders are going to be a project, we don't want unrealistic shit happening but people have to lose to CPU sometimes, we can't have guys going 100-1 vs cpu this year.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I liked my 100-1 record against CPU last year, stupid loss to South Carolina in my second season bowl game

17. abolishthefed

ND's ratings look pretty accurate this year.

The Lawn Weasels are overrated at basically every single position. This is amazing. A defense that gives up 40+ points per game cannot have 3 defensive linemen ranked in the 80s. A SS that cannot cover should not be an 89. scUM's C should not be ranked 95 ahead of Ohio State's Brewster, who is returning 1st Team All Big Ten and has started the past 3 seasons. Vinson Smith ranked at 87 is a joke, as he goes down when a defender gets a fingernail on him. Also, there are 4 receivers ranked in the 80s. The developers must be scUM grads.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll go bold and say I'm going 10-3 with a division championship over Florida. The SEC is loaded with talent so getting by Florida, LSU and Alabama will be very tough for the Bulldogs.

The Alabama game is big but the rivalry match against Florida is more important. That match will likely determines who represents the East in the SEC Championship. The only out of conference game decided at this time is against Michigan. As an Ohio native coach Brave always looks forward to beating the ferrets.

The coaches need time to work with the personnel, so a scheme has not been finalized. Right now a pro style offense is being utilized in practice, but the offense may incorporate some spread elements.

On offense LT and C are immediate needs since the starters are seniors and the backups are bad. QB isn't an immediate need if Murray comes back but he is draft eligible. WR also could use an infusion of young talent. The defense is very young so there are not any pressing needs. The secondary needs some young talent, especially at FS which will be the only need position on that side of the ball. As for special teams, both the kicker and punter are set to graduate after this season.

I think Cnic (Oregon) and Killer Nuts (LSU) are the early favorites to win a championship this season. They both have talented rosters. I'm not familiar with some of the other coaches, so tough to say how those teams will fare.

I just want my Xbox back. Other than that, just looking forward to competing with my new team and playing against the new users.

19. MoonBBad

THIS.

20. Hova

My secondary should have an average rating of 69

21. Wick36

interesting selection.

22. abolishthefed

I don't think Georgia plays Bama this year, unless Hova switches the schedule.

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Well I assume I will pay Bama or LSU. Either way it will be a tough match.

24. Wick36

Nope, just Florida.

25. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

This is a team that has some speed on offense, but the overall talent level is not up the Florida standards. It may take a couple years to get them where I want. 9-3 is hopefully worst case scenario.

The schedule is not very forgiving this season. We play Bama, LSU, and Georgia. I have won some and lost some to KillerNuts(I wickatoris I, wicked whatever, and even think there was another name in there somewhere. Talk about a guy who doesnt know who he is :) ) and BraveJaf. I dont know anything about Tbird other than he has a stacked team.

Typically I like to run a pro style offense, but this team isnt built that way. Demps, Rainey, and Thompson all are rated over 95 speed. Brantly is suited to run my type of offense but is only around for 1 season. We do have a great freshman in the wings who is suited to run and spread. Driskel may push Brantley for the starting spot.

Defense. I got to build up that side of the field first. I always believe that defense wins championships and there just isnt enough talent to get the job done.

Dont count out Georgia. He was on a roll at the end of 2011 is probably looking to keep that momentum going.

Getting started with a new team and hitting the recruiting hard. I am always excited for the new version of the game and this one is no different. I hope it doesnt take too long to get the 2012 Legacy dynasty kicked off.