Preseason Team Reviews

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 13, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Preseason Team Reviews

'Sup Everyone

I started doing team reviews a couple weeks ago but thought if I had the actual coaches of the teams write their own review it'll be more interesting. Now I'm not asking anyone to write a full breakdown (you may if you want) but at least a couple of things. Not really sure where this will go so for now just PM me your content contribution.

Oh, and I have lots of ideas for content but if you have your own just get with me and let me know. Not trying to restrict anyone but I don't want to have 4 people working on the same thing, sound good?

More on that in the upcoming days but now back on topic. These are a couple of things you can put in your team season preview:

Team
    Last Season Record
    Prediction for this upcoming season
    Key Offseason Addition (You can hit me up if your not sure, I'll let you know:))
    Key Loss if applicable
    3 things to watch for
    Coach Outlook (as much as you want but at least 3-4 sentences)

~JeRz~

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I'll do mine tonight

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Coach Keller will now take over the Buffalo Bills who have largely toiled in mediocrity finishing 7-9 for 3 straight seasons before falling to 6-10 last year. One of those wins came in week 17 against the backups of the Indianapolis Colts.

This season I expect the same from the Buffalo Bills, given their current talent level. They have so many needs, none of which are easy to find. They need offensive tackles, both left and right. They need a franchise QB that they have been lacking since the departure of Jim Kelly. They need a legitimate threat to play opposite Lee Evans.

Key offseason acquisition has to be rookie 1st rounder CJ Spiller. He didn't fit the needs of the Bills when he was drafted but he should bring some excitement to Ralph Wilson Stadium nonetheless.

Key losses are the failed Terrell Owens experiment and the departure of the Bills 2nd all time sack leader Aaron Schobel. He consistent presence on the right side of the defense will certainly be missed.

3 things to watch for this season
    1) CJ Spiller all over the field. Catching balls out of the backfield and in the return game.
    2) The development of rookie QB Troy Brown. Quietly drafted in the 7th round, Levi is having a very good training camp and looks to push for the #2 QB job behind Trent Edwards.
    3) The Bills switch to the 3-4 defense. Coach Keller has already stated he may continue to struggle with this decision as the season fast approaches. Will they run a true 3-4 or a mix of both the 3-4 and 4-3? Its anyone's guess at this point.

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Washington Redskins

Last Season Record: 4-12

Prediction for this upcoming season: 10-6

Key Offseason Addition: QB Donovan McNabb, LT Jamaal Brown

3 things to watch for

1. Will the addition of a proven QB in McNabb equal more success for the Redskins? McNabb doesn’t have the best targets to throw to but he has been in that situation before.

2. What does Clinton Portis have left in the tank? After being plagued by injuries in the past couple of seasons, Portis has had plenty of time to get his body fresh for the 2010 campaign. He has lost a few steps since he arrived in Washington, but when healthy is a very good RB. If he can’t get the job done the Redskins will look to give more carries to new acquisitions Larry Johnson and Willie Parker.

3. The switch to 3-4 defense. The Redskins have been a long time 4-3 defensive team, however more the past several seasons they have struggled to force turnovers and pressure the opponents QB. This will be the first season using the 3-4 scheme, the key will be Albert Haynesworth who will play DE in the base formation and second year LB Brian Orakpo. If these two players can make an impact the Redskins will be sure to generate more turnovers as they have a solid defense led by steady MLB London Fletcher.

Coach Outlook: McNabb isn’t the only person coming from Philly to the nation’s capital. Coach HotRod leaves his post in Philly where he was very successful . However his career has mirrored that of McNabb, strong seasons but after falling to San Diego in the first TMFL Super Bowl, was not able to find his way back. With HotRod at the helm the Redskins will definitely be a much improved team, especially on offense where he’ll have his guy McNabb at QB. There is definitely room for improvement roster wise for Washington, but HotRod is a great team manager and will have the team going in the right direction.

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Doesn't look too good early... only you guys and one other person hit me up with this info...

6. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Titans will have this up after dinner

7. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

New York Jets
    9-7
    12-4
    Santonio Holmes, Cromartie, LT, Jason Taylor

Thomas Jones, Leon, Alan Faneca, Kerry Rhodes

Shonne Green - Can He stay healthy
    Mark Sanchez - sophomore slump?
    Darrelle Revis - Will he repeat?

I believe I can take this team and make the a 4, maybe 2 loss team. I will ride my way to

the super bowl with Green and the Jet defense. With a tough Schedule, we will see what

the jets can do, especially with a first week MNF game against the Ravens at new JETS

stadium.

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Just saw this and I'll get mine up soon.

9. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Team: Tennessee Titans

Last Season Record: Not sure. Was not in the league last season.

Prediction for this upcoming season: 9-7.

Key Offseason Addition: Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech. We hope we solidifies our ailing D-line.

3 things to watch for:

1) The development of Vince Young. His accuracy is a huge concern going into camp.
    2) Can Chris Johnson do it again? We will need big numbers from him to succeed.
    3) Who will play opposite Finnegan at corner? We just signed Fred Smoot but the veteran may not be enough. Watch and see how the other young corners perform.

Coach Outlook: I'm very high on this team. We are not the most talented right now, but we are young and fun. We aren't expected to do much and that means we can let it ride. With a strong OL and arguably the best back in the game, look for us to control the game, or just let CJ run away with it.

10. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

Team: Detroit Lions
    Last Season Record: 2-14
    Key Offseason Addition: A boy named SUH - no question here, the D-line, which was one of the worst in football, should have a dominant player in the middle of the line now...

3 things to watch for:
    1) Can the secondary stop anyone? Holy shit this is one bad, bad secondary. Probably the worst in football. Can they stop anyone? Unlikely, but we shall see.

2) Can any receivers step up to take focus off CJ? Cj is good - no question. But we need someone to take some heat off him. WIll that be Burleson? Best? Scheffler? We shall see...

3) Can Stafford take the next step. Rookie last year, so he got a pass, but he needs to step it up. With our secondary, he will have to put up points, and lots of them.

Coach outlook: I am, frankly, not very good at this. I enjoy playing, but will likely struggle, especially with this team. This team should be fun though, with Best, Stafford, and Calvin Johnson, there are some weapons on offense....

11. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Sorry, these are late.

Team: Oakland Raiders
    Last Season Record: 5-11
    Prediction for this upcoming season: 8-8
    Key Offseason Additions: QB Jason Campbell, LB Rolando McClain and DE LaMarr Houston
    Key Loss if applicable: MLB Kirk Morrison and QB Jamarcus Russell (key loss in probably a positive way)

3 things to watch for:
    1.) Can the defense stop the run?
    2.) How much of an improvement is Campbell over Russell?
    3.) Can McFadden stay healthy?

Coach Outlook:
    I believe in Oakland Raider football as defined by Al Davis. Relying on athleticism and speed to give our team an advantage, you can't coach speed. I like tough bump and run defense and stretching the field on offense. The focus will now be on redeeming a once proud franchise to its former glory.

12. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Last Season Record: 10-6 (wild card loss to the NYJ)

Prediction for this upcoming season: 11-5

Key Offseason Additions: TE Jermaine Gresham, WR Terrell Owens, WR Antonio Bryant

Key Loss if applicable: Chris Henry WR

3 things to watch for:
    1.) Will the passing attack improve-Carson Palmer might be a Heisman Trophy winner, but the Bengals struggled passing the ball last year finishing with a 26th passing yard ranking. Hopefully things will improve with the additions of T.O., Antonio Bryant, Jermaine Gresham, and former all everything UT Longhorn Jordan Shipley.

2.) Will the Bengal defense improve? In the AFC North to be successful you must have a powerful defense, see the Ravens and Steelers. Last year the Bengal defense was ranked in the Top 10 in points, total yards, passing yards, and rushing yards.

3.) Will special teams cost the Bengals wins? Field goal kicker D. Rayner has a Madden rating of 52. This causes Coach Fworgum serious concern because NFL games come down to the last play of the game, generally a field goal kick.

Coach Outlook:
    This team can no longer be considered the "Bungals." Carson Palmer leads a very potent offense, and MLB Dahnti Jones leads a very strong defense. Coach Fworgum may be rookie to this league, but believes the playoffs appearance is possible with this team.

13. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - preseason team review

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last Season Record: 3 - 13

Prediction for this upcoming season: 8 - 8

Key Offseason Addition: Brian Price, DT (3) & Gerald McCoy, DT (35)

3 things to watch for:
    1. Defensive core = With their first two draft pics being defense selections, the Buccaneers have made a statement for the upcoming football season. After finishing the 2010 season last in the league for opponents rushing yards, that statement speaks to their core – Defense. Over the past few seasons, what was once a team built around a traditionally solid defense has dwindled into now one of the most porous in the league. Only time will tell if the offseason acquisitions pay dividends.
    2. Rookie Mike Williams (Syracuse) = After catching the attention of the head coach in his first preseason start, this rookie does show he has potential at the WR position. While yet to be named a starter in the regular season roster, we have our eyes on him. Ranked just 24 overall last year in passing yards, the Bucs are in need of a change. And this talented young man could be just what they are looking for.
    3. Josh Freeman = The 22-year QB makes his first opening day start this year for the Bucs. With a strong arm to throw and legs to scramble, we see much potential with Josh Freeman. The only question is, how will his accuracy be. This was the main focus heading into camp this year as the Bucs named his as their starter.

With many young fresh faces on the field, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers organization is no doubt in a rebuilding phase. One does not need to look far to figure out that that Bucs would love nothing more than to get back to the flourishing defensive days of the past, while under coach Jon Gruden. “It’s going to take time, but now that we have the right players and resources within, we can start to get things moving in the right direction” said coach Randiesel in his press conference after last night preseason game. As the regular season approaches, we like what we see from this young team. The only question is, how long will it take before they become an avid contender in the NFC South.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]

2010 Kansas City Chiefs
    We Suck But Our Cheerleaders Are Hot!!!!

Home field: Arrowhead Stadium
    2009 Record: 4–12
    Place: 4th AFC West (last)
    Playoff finish: did not qualify
    SCHEDULE
    1 Mon, Sep 13th, 2010 San Diego 10:15 PM Arrowhead
    2 Sun, Sep 19th, 2010 at Cleveland 01:00 PM Cleveland Browns
    3 Sun, Sep 26th, 2010 San Francisco 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    4 Bye
    5 Sun, Oct 10th, 2010 at Indianapolis 01:00 PM Lucas Oil Stadium
    6 Sun, Oct 17th, 2010 at Houston 01:00 PM Reliant Stadium
    7 Sun, Oct 24th, 2010 Jacksonville 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    8 Sun, Oct 31st, 2010 Buffalo 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    9 Sun, Nov 7th, 2010 at Oakland 04:15 PM Oakland Coliseum
    10 Sun, Nov 14th, 2010 at Denver 04:05 PM Invesco Field
    11 Sun, Nov 21st, 2010 Arizona 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    12 Sun, Nov 28th, 2010 at Seattle 04:05 PM Qwest Field
    13 Sun, Dec 5th, 2010 Denver 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    14 Sun, Dec 12th, 2010 at San_Diego 04:15 PM Qualcomm
    15 Sun, Dec 19th, 2010 at St._Louis 01:00 PM Edward Jones
    16 Sun, Dec 26th, 2010 Tennessee 01:00 PM Arrowhead
    17 Sun, Jan 2nd, 2011 Oakland 01:00 PM Arrowhead ​

Prediction 2010
    4-12
    Key Additions:The Chiefs made FS Eric Berry the 5th pick of the 2010 draft. The Chiefs were very happy he fell to them at this pick. Some draft guru's had him ranked as the top talent in the draft. They also picked up Dexter Mccluster a RB/WR in the 2nd. In the offseason the Chiefs added depth to the OL and cornerback position.
    Strengths: The Chiefs are very deep at RB with Jamal Charles and Thomas Jones leading the way with Mccluster helping out when needed. The DL is young and talented lead by Tamba Hali and Glen Dorsey this is a line that is quick and will be disruptive this year.
    Weakness: The secondary is young and will be tested in the AFC west. With high profile offenses week in and week out they must grow up quickly.