Preseason Tips ...

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Sep 5, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Just a couple of things to throw out there for folks ...

1 - Your K and P will flip flop after the first quarter. You probably want to change them back (they'll shank balls this year).

2 - Make sure you have "true" backups in your depth chart. by default the charts tend to do things like have your LE1 as your RE backup. For the preseason, make sure your starters aren't repeated. This will make sure they aren't on the field when you don't want them ... and that they're not special teamers if you don't want them to be.

(I had a heart attack last night because it looked like Justin Tuck got injured on special teams in 4th quarter junk time).

3 - If you're doing anything crazy with subs, let your opponent know ahead of time. Folks should be prepared for a couple of pauses to play with their depth charts.

4 - General rule of thumb is starters in the first, backups for 2nd and 3rd, others you want to see in the 4th. In game three, a lot of teams will play their starters for two or three quarters. Game four tends to be all scrubs to make sure starters don't get hurt.

5 - You have 70 guys on your roster - get them in the game! you never know who might surprise you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Now I know why all my punts were shanked. Where was this post yesterday :)

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yesterday i was getting my ass kicked by the jags and in no mood to help folks out ;-)

4. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

If ur running game was as anemic as the Giants tonight I see y!