Preseason Tourney: Saints 31, Jags 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    September 5th, 2011

New Orleans, LA- It was a preseason contest that saw the defenses dominate for most of the game, but in the end the New Orleans Saints would pull away with a 31-13 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Jacksonville would take an early lead after Saints quarterback Drew Brees was sacked and fumbled the football, which was scooped up by Roth and returned 69 yards for the opening score.

The Saints would answer back with a couple of field goals, but their offense would sputter until late in the second quarter.

After a Garrard interception, New Orleans would use a quick drive with under two minutes to play and cap it off with a one yard touchdown run by Mark Ingram.

The second half belonged to the home team, with the defense locking down and the offense finally finding some rhythm in the passing attack.

Brees would connect on two fourth quarter touchdown passes, one to Devery Henderson and one to TE Graham.

New Orleans goes to 1-0 in the preseason as they await their next opponent.

GG HAL9100 . Take care of my Jags there in Jacksonville. I expect a solid season out of you! :)
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Jul 15, 2011
    Featured Threads:
    It was a fun game and I'm looking forward to getting my vengeance in week 4 in Jacksonville. Hopefully I've got an improved offense by then.