Preseason W2 (S3) - Deadline is 11pm CST THU 2/7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Feb 6, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I will post the waiver thread shortly.

Also, take a look at the VFL - Leadership thread. We have a new leadership group which will discuss all things league related as a group.

Lastly, as some of you know, we had some draft issues this year. After lengthy discussions with other league members, the leadership committee and other league commissioners the following action have been taken:

AoHigh5 has been removed from the league. Not only did he have gameplay issues when he joined and an "accidental" quit but he also had an unusually good draft stocked with players from the "draft guides". He was not forthcoming nor particularly pleasant to deal with so we decided to remove him.

mikeb539 was not aware of the community atmosphere of TSO and that we are not a win at all costs league. He assumed that we would all be scouring the internet for information on the draft class we had and did so himself as to not be at a disadvantage. However, that goes against the basic principles of our "sim" community and was in direct opposition to my directive the night before the draft. He already knew what he knew at that point and admitted to what he did so therefore we would like to give him a second chance. However, he will incur the following sanctions:
    • He will release one player who he drafted in the first two rounds of the draft.
    • He will be suspended for the first three games of the regular season (put on auto pilot and not allowed to play or practice)
    • His other two 1st and 2nd round draftees will be suspended for the first three games of the regular season(completely removed from the depth chart)
    Hopefully this was just a one off scenario and we have no further draft issues going forward.

Now, back to football!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. majesty95

3. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Crumbler81

You around today to play our exhibition game?

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Hmm...I can probably play tonight after 8:30pm est.

5. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

I won't be available at that time but possibly later ... I am at home all day today and tomorrow so if that works let me know

6. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

MarkyMark67, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, Reallyrill, LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, bigtubb_, AveryB, Ninersfan80, Crunk_Ness, woodsmall, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf, Glen Cieske, Justin Crabb, CJTHA1, danwin, coachgaddy, Cj king, RVallee

Just wanted to briefly respond to this...

I apologize to the commissioner and all league owners for this and humbly accept the punishment for 'Draft-Gate'. I have been in other leagues where knowledge of the drafts, player potentials and who the good prospects are were known by most if not all. I assumed that was the case with this league, and being this was my first draft, I wanted to do all I could to pick the best players. This meant doing research outside of the in-game scouting reports, which I openly admitted to. I have been told that this practice is not done in this league and it is unacceptable to have any prior knowledge of a draft class. I'm sorry if my drafting rubbed anyone the wrong way.

I'm looking forward to starting the season, playing some fun, competitive games with you all and getting the Steelers back an track.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  7. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

8. mikeb539

mikeb539 Walk On

Hey...I need a new DT. She looks like she could fit the part.

9. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

So is there no way to change your playbook before a practice? Would like to use my new playbook in practice

10. majesty95

No, that's a big flaw in the game. If you want to use a different playbook in games you have to choose it before the game. However, you cannot use it in practice mode. Really sucks.

11. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

My team is so shallow this year at CB

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Apology accepted based solely on this (y)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

AveryB Are you going to be able to play our preseason game?

14. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

No...

15. majesty95

MarkyMark67, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, Reallyrill, LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, bigtubb_, AveryB, Ninersfan80, Crunk_Ness, woodsmall, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf, Glen Cieske, Justin Crabb, CJTHA1, danwin, coachgaddy, Cj king, RVallee, mikeb539

Just an FYI, mikeb539 decided to cut DT Omari Forrest as his one player per his sanctions. Forrest will not be available for a user to sign this season. Should the CPU not sign him or he otherwise becomes a free agent, he will then be free game for any team next season.

16. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

bigtubb_ are you okay with playing our game tonight or do you just want to sim it?? Either way is fine with me

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

We can play right now if u want

18. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Sounds good

19. Cj king

Cj king Walk On

Lets get this regular season started!!!!