Preseason Week 1: Bengals vs Jets

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Sep 5, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG] vs [​IMG] The Bengals and the Jets met at Paul Brown Stadium for what would be the first game of the preseason for both squads. The Bengals first string offense looked good while on the field, moving the ball well on the ground. QB Andy Dalton looked great at times, and looked like a youngster at times. After marching down the field on their first drive, Dalton threw a pick on the 2 yd line, so consistency will be one thing Dalton will need to hem up before the regular season gets underway. The Bengals 1st string D played fabulous, shutting out the 1st string O of the Jets and intercepting Mark Sanchez once. Tebow looked like Tebow once he entered the game, missing wide open receivers at times, and looking like a MVP at others. One instance in the 3rd quarter seen Tebow run up the gut for a 20-30 yd TD in typical Tebow fashion. Rookies Armon Binns and Orson Charles stood out and done some nice things for the Bengals passing game, further solidifying their spot on the 53 man roster. All in all the Bengals played fairly solid football, and have given fans high hopes for the upcoming season. [​IMG]Player of the Game- Armon Binns- 4 rec, 93 yds, avg 23.2 yds per reception.
    Final Score​
    Bengals- 29
    Jets- 20

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

DU55

Great game. You are correct, defense was this difference here as I forced too many bad passes when I was down. I got away from the ground and pound and went to the air a bit quickly when I should have stuck with the plan. I was happy that our offense put some points back in the 2nd half, some of the rookies looked good. Really impressive was the sheer speed on that FA I just picked up, wow.

It was great meeting you, good luck this season!