PRESEASON - Week 1 - Deadline TUE 11pm CST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Nov 18, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

OK guys. We are advance to the preseason. Great draft! You guys missed a lot of fun on the Skype call! It will be even better next season! :)

Remember, we go back to the waiver process for signing free agents now. I'll post that shortly.

I'm going to be out of town until late TUE night so we will advance then. After that it will be every 24 hours for the preseason. Just FYI.

Have fun!

2. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Hey, are we still doing 1 FA signing a week? I got a bunch of positions that still need to be filled. Only 2 of the FAs I bidded on signed during FA bidding, and I only got 3 positions filled during the draft

3. majesty95

No, I just posted the new waiver thread.

4. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Cool. That'll help a lot. Though I'm about to play my 1st preseason game so I'll have to make due for this one

5. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Do we have to do recaps for preseason games?

6. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

Guys, we HAVE TO reduce the time..... I just played a preseason game against Mark.... and it took almost 2 hours.

Cut it down to like 10 minutes with accelerated clock if you want to accelerate it....... But I was able to run 40 running plays and 30 pass plays with this new style.... WAY too many....

• Like Like x 2
  7. majesty95

No

8. majesty95

So the accelerated clock isn't working? woodsmall and I tested these extensively in an outside league and they were great. The accel clock was supposed to be fixed... SMH

9. woodsmall

woodsmall Walk On

Ill check it tonight when I play Pittsburgh in my preseason game

majesty95

10. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

What was wrong with the 7 min clock we used last season?

11. majesty95

Nothing was wrong per se. We just wanted to make it more realistic and having accel clock at 15 is more realistic in the amount of tube you have at the LOS. But it looks like accel clock is still broke in user vs user games so we'll go back to 7 min.

12. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

The accel clock made it so you usually only had 10 secs or so to snap the ball if that's what you mean.

13. majesty95

Should be 15 which is what it's set at. I think it works in user vs CPU games but it user vs user still. Te reason is to eliminate guys audibling and creating plays with hot routes which isn't realistic. Mostly yiu should be running the play yiu called with the occasional audible or hot route. We'll go back to 7 min qtrs but everyone needs to make sure they are stating sim and using their play calling and not relying on audibles and hot routes all the time.

14. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Yeah, it starts at 15, but usually takes players 4-5 secs to get to the line.

15. MiaFLSurf

The 15 second run off DOES work. But the point is, even with it, the game was WAY too long. From what I remember from last year, most of the snaps would go off at about 20 seconds on the play clock anyways.

Im thinking if we want the accel clock still, its fine, but I would certainly make it 9-10 minutes to have the same number of plays.

16. majesty95

So does accel clock work in user vs user games or not? woodsmall and I tested them at 12 min with a 15 sec runoff in like 9-10 games vs the CPU and they were perfect. Not sure why it's diff in this CCM...

17. majesty95

The reason for wanting to use the runoff was:

A. To prevent guys that want to keep audibling to get a mismatch and overusing hot routes and
    B. To make it easier to run out the clock at the end of games without having to wait 40 seconds every play

18. MiaFLSurf

It still made the games longer. Not to mention in the final 2 minutes of each half it doesn't work anyways to burn clock. By all means keep it. But I'd make it 10 min instead.

19. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

id even make it 8 or 9 minutes

20. majesty95

So what's the verdict? Does the accel clock work in user vs user? How long did the games take? How many plays did each team have?

When we tested it, all the games took less than 75 minutes and the plays were only slightly more than what we were getting with 7 min and no run off.

Please post facts so that I can evaluate what you guys are getting vs what we got. When we tested them we had very realistic flow to the game...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  21. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

22. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Nah I won't be available tonight. Going out of town to visit my girlfriend's family for Thanksgiving, won't be back until Thursday.

23. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

ok thats fine

24. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I played Yunglew, a human. It took at least an hour and a half. Sure, we had less time to audible at the LOS, but by the 3rd quarter the game felt like it had been going on forever. I wouldn't call that a realistic flow. I think 7 mins seemed much better. I don't know how serious audibling was, but I'd prefer we just tell everyone not to do that as much and leave the time at 7 mins, than make the game longer just to cut down on it for that sole reason.

25. YungLew15

YungLew15 Walk On

Me and Futuriistics played and the game did seen longer than last season. We did however score a combined 65 points and we paused a few times each to fix out depth charts. I also think the games felt longer because we are playing most of the game with out backups and the games don't really mean anything. Personally I don't mind the longer game cuz it helps with defense stats which helps players meet their goals. But I would also understand if we went back to 7 minutes.

Maybe we try 12 min for one more week, record the stats, see how it goes. We could use weeks 3 and 4 to maybe try 10 min w/ accel and see how that works. If both those don't we just go back to the 7 min like last season.

Just my two cents.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1