Preseason Week 1 - MIN Vikings vs SF 49ers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CalebMackie, Sep 5, 2012.

1. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

49ers 42 - 3 Vikings

This game would end in the 4th quarter with 5 minutes left but the scores were saved (to a certain extent) therefore I'm leaving the stat line here.

This preseason game was rather a slow one (at least until the 2nd half.) Both teams starters wouldn't get very many reps as there was a lot of running in the first quarter which killed the clock pretty quickly. The first quarter would result in multiple 3 and outs for both teams with a 0-0 score by the time the back ups would get their chance. This is when the San Francisco 49ers would pull away scoring 14 of their 42 points in the 2nd quarter, of course this would have never happened if it wasn't for the Vikings defense creating a tragedy that resulted into a blessing in disguise. The 49ers back up running back, Kendall Hunter, would go down in this game after only 5 rushes with a torn shoulder labrum. This left the window for 2nd string wide open for the exciting new rookie, LaMichael James and boy would it pay off as he would rush for 140 yards on 13 attempts for 4 touchdowns; this break out performance has turned plenty of heads on the 49ers staff and has them excited about some possible big plays this season out of him. Ultimately this became a blow out for the 49ers as Joe Webb's poor play at the QB position held the Vikings hopes of bringing this game back by throwing 4 INTs.

There seems to be a QB controversy in San Francisco currently between Colin Kaepernick and Alex Smith and the results so far may have a few people shocked. "As of right now we are going with Colin at the starting position," says coach Mackie. "I'm not sold on Alex or his work ethic, he hasn't really showed me enough yet to lead me to believe that he is worth the starting job after the way Colin has stepped up. Of course it is preseason and anything can happen but as for now, Colin will be the starter come opener."

2. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Vikings better get used to it:)

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Was this a user game?

4. CalebMackie

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

oh

6. CalebMackie

Gonna be whoopin some ass dis season watch out Ghost I'm getting my revenge! Lol nah but this was just a preseason game obviously it doesn't mean anything

• Like Like x 1