Preseason Week 2: Buffalo vs. Minnesota

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Legacy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Buffalo: 30
    Minnesota: 23

Both teams started out in the first quarter with steady attacks as they complemented their strengths to the max. Minnesota was all about the running game with Adrian Peterson, but the Bills defense with their new acquisitions were up to the test as they were able to shut out the Vikings in the first quarter. Ryan Fitzpatrick controlled the offense in his time at the helm and drove the Bills down the field for a TD capped off by a Fred Jackson run of 32 yards.

Both teams traded field goals in the second quarter as the score going into the half was Buffalo 13 Minnesota 6

The third quarter saw both teams go to the backup as Minnesota QB Joe Webb showed his ability with the offense. He did miss a couple of open recievers while some recievers also dropped multiple passes which only gave the Vikings 3 points in the third quarter. Vince Young tried out his abilites for the Bills and found C.J. Spiller down the middle for a 45 yard TD pass to put Buffalo up by 11.

In the fourth quarter the Vikings fought back as Webb found Burton for 75 yards early in the 4th quarter to bring the deficit down to 5. The two point conversion was no good though. Buffalo tacted on a FG to bring the lead to 8. But, it was Webb again leading a comeback drive and hitting Kyle Rudolph down the seam for a 22 yard TD pass to tie the game with the 2 point conversion. Vince Young though shut the door on the game as he lead a 2 minute drive in the 4th quarter and hit Roosevelt down the sideline for 33 yards out to give the Bills the lead and ulitmatley the victory.

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

GG Legacy

The 7 dropped passes were tough to overcome, and I still can't get this defense to stop anyone (although after looking at other box scores, the current slider system definitely seems to be favoring the offensive side of the ball.) I might need to look at a new offensive playbook that has a wildcat package, as it seemed to work very well for you.

In regards to your gameplay, I thought you played a sim style of ball for the most part. My only complaint, and maybe something for you to work on as we move into the regular season - Way too many draw plays in the first half. The draw play has historically been overpowered, and running it on 1st & 10 is very unrealistic (save it for 2nd or 3rd and long situations.)

Is it just me, or do these games play extremely long??! I would be up for reducing the quarter length by a minute or two...Legacy and I ran the ball quite a bit, and the game still took forever. My ideal game time would be 45 minutes...both of my preseason games so far have taken more than an hour (70 minutes and 75 minutes).

3. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

Game definitely seemed long to me also.

4. DU55

DU55 Walk On

I think the reason the games are taking so long is because the accelarated clock is currently broke in CCMs. Im sure the fix will be included in the 1st patch (atleast i hope so).