Preseason Week 4-Bengals vs Colts

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by DU55, Sep 14, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

[​IMG]61
    [​IMG]50

In the final game of the preseason the Bengals benched the entire starting lineup to prevent injuries to their key players. The game turned into a offensive extravaganza for the Colts, who had amazing offensive stats, but at the same time had an amazing number of turnovers (2-3 picks returned for TD). The Bengals opted to ground and pound on the boys from Indy, while Indy chose to display their prowess through the air.

***Player of the Game***
    Cedric Peerman
    27 rushing att
    208 yards
    2 TD
    7.7 yd average

2. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Make sure you tag your opponent next time. My player of the game was LaVonn Brazill. 160+ receiving yards. GG DU55 Chandler Harnish needs work. because of the 5-6 INT he threw. Luck went for over 100 yards and a td with a int as well. Look out for the Bengals LB core.

3. DU55

DU55 Walk On

GG mooseboyj

Nice talking with you during the game!

4. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Love chatting! message me with the CB convo we had if your considering dropping him

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

*Looks at Bengals score*

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

This score is disturbing

• Like Like x 2
  7. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

This should be in the OP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Not going to lie, I almost choked on my Hot Pocket when I saw this score lol, Colts had 631 yards of offense lol and scored 50. Bengals had 376 and had 61 points
    WTF!!!!:confused:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Only way to of lowered the score would of been to run out of bounds to keep ourselves from scoring, and that's not SIM. Returned kickoffs, defensive TDs and such made it high but I ran the ball like 35 times and the game still lasted almost an hour and a half.

10. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Like I stated above, I had 2 or 3 pick 6's. Also returned a kickoff for a TD. That would account for 28 points that wouldnt of gained any offensive yards.

11. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

How you ran the ball 35 times and threw it around 40 times is beyond me. But regardless, I'm just saying when you score 111 total points in a preseason game (the record is 113 points BTW), it looks suspect IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Was a fun game. Neither him or I thought any thing was fishy. Agent if I was u is be looking at how to stop my passing game. Luck only played the first quarter and had over 100 yards in the air and 2 tds. Imagine what I can do with 4 quarters.

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

It's only Preseason buddy, calm down lol

14. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Ik. I'm not a running team tho.

15. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

As someone who pokes his head in around the forums here at TSO, I can say that crazy stats seem to be an issue everyone is dealing with.

16. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I do think 7 minute quarters might be better. Games last way too long, and I'm a guy that runs the heck out of the ball.

17. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I'm pretty sure I won't give up 50 points to a guy who doesn't run the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DU55

DU55 Walk On

It is what it is, we played sim football according to TSO rules and it was a bit of a wacky game. Nobody done anything cheesy or shady. Hopefully it wont get out of hand anymore in the future, but nothing outside of both teams taking turns QB kneeling could of made the stats look better.

19. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I have no issues with the length of the game. I've played three user games out of four in preseason and all my games were about 1:10 or less, my last game was just under an hour. Of those games, i ran probably of total of 50+ plays which is about right, IMO. If you look at the stats, i think i've ran the ball most in the preseason and all my games ended within reasonable time

20. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I just called it like I see it. IMO Sim football shouldn't equate to a 61-50 score in the preseason. Maybe it's just me though. I've also never heard of a team managing to have nearly 40 carries and 40 passing attempts in a game, even in real life. Or have every WR sans Reggie Wayne average north of 20, even 30+ yards per catch. Then again, maybe it's just me.

Like I said, I called it how I see it. But the fact that you or moose don't see any concerns with those numbers is more alarming than the statline, IMO.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  21. DU55

DU55 Walk On

It's not the fact that I don't understand it's a ridiculously high score or that the stat lines are screwed up, it's that we played the game according to the rules in every way shape form and fashion and there was nothing we could of done to of changed it. If you wanna keep this post going on and on and on forever be my guest but this will be the last post I make on this thread because I feel like your dragging this out for whatever reason, and that's just how I see it.

Instead of making constructive posts all you are doing is more or less insinuating we played cheese ball. Now I don't know you nor you me, but ask anyone I've ever played on this site and I'd be willing to bet not one would say I played cheesy or even suspect cheesy.

Keep hounding this thread and throwing around all your cheese accusations all you want, but expect no more responses from me.

BlyGilmore
    RynoAid

If either of you guys wanna discuss this game please contact me and I'd be more than willing to discuss it with you.

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

nobody cares... quit stat whoring in the pre-season.

• Like Like x 1