Preseason Week 4 summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by houtz, Sep 6, 2012.

1. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

Have at it!

2. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

Miami 24
    Dallas 17

Great, great game BobJr

Miami, Fl.

With only one week left until the regular season, both teams were preparing themselves for the big day. Miami has been undefeated up until this point but knew only time would revert them back to a winless team. This time the Dolphins traveled to Dallas, Texas and had their hands full with a great Dallas team.

The game started with the Cowboys getting the ball and Miami forcing a quick 3 and out. It wasn't long until Ryan Tannehill showed the league why he is Miami's starter. Tannehill hit Fasano on a beautiful seam route for a 26 yard pass giving the Dolphins a early 7-0 lead. Dallas would respond and move the ball downfield with ease, only to settle for a 26 yard field goal. 7-3 Miami. With the first quarter running down Tannehill had one more chance to impress his coaches, and he did just that. Tannehill hit Chad "I head butt bitches" Johnson on a quick slant that Johnson took 79 yards for a TD. This was Tannehill's last pass as he finished the night a perfect 3/3 135 yards and 2 TDs. For Johnson, this was his first big play of the preseason and couldn't come at a better time. 14-3 Miami.

In the second quarter both teams defenses began to pick up and it was a real back and fourth game. The Cowboys would put together a scoring drive which was capped off with a L.Dunbar TD run from 1 yard out. 14-10 Miami. The Dolphins would answer with a 81 yard bomb to Clyde Gates who was tackled just shy of the end zone. Two plays later Lamar Miller would pound the ball in giving Miami a 21-10 lead going into the half.

In the third quarter Dallas came out ready to eff shit up and picked off one of what would be several Matt Moore interceptions. Tanner would score from 4 yards out and cut the Dolphins lead to 4, 21-17.

In the 4th quarter both teams would play outstanding defense exchanging interceptions and so on. It wasn't until late that Miami added a field goal making it a 7 point lead. Dallas would drive down the field but on 4th and goal from the 2 was stopped by a swarm of Miami defenders. Dallas would force Miami to punt. Miami would force a turnover on downs and hold onto the win 24-17.

Great game BobJr. Awesome back and fourth contest. Goodluck during the season. Look forward to our next game.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great game houtz

Really enjoyed the back and forth of it. Came down to that big defensive stop you had.

• Like Like x 1
  4. houtz

houtz Undefeated in HK

Late in the game I played for the fg because it seemed like everytime I would make a mistake you would make me pay. We're you user catching on some of those deep passes? Even if you weren't they were sick plays but a few times I thought I had a play on the ball and you would just snatch that shit out of the air. Same with some of those picks.

Definitely look forward to playing again. Your run game in our first game was filthy. Couldn't do anything to stop it. Feel bad for the NFC East because I see big things happening to those Cowboys. Also who is Beasely? He carved me up as did your back up TE. Good stuff all around man. Goodluck in the regular season.