Archived Preseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Schedule OOC game requests here.

Advance to regular season tomorrow 9pm EST

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

done, I want fcs n,e,w,s maybe i can pull 2 wins out of that

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

well it looks like this might be LSU's year to win the NAtty. OMG there Oline is redunkulous. Shaqulle Evens will win the Heisman.

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Thats why he wants to play everyone, JK!

5. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I think I need a home and away series with someone...was texas...not sure If Illinois is on my schedule or not?

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I put this in the schedule thread I made but I'll go along with this from now on. I'll take Boise St. at home because I'm playing Florida and Auburn on the road, assuming that's ok with Gabeastmode.

I would play another user if someone wants to, not looking to shy away from any competition.

For the cpu OOC games, definitely replace North Texas, Washington, Louisville, and Marshall with better teams, doesn't really matter which conference. Of those 4 teams, I could live with Washington.

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I'll take on another user game if someone wants one (after week 1). Otherwise I would like a traditional Florida Gator football schedule. Cupcake opponents to open the season and a cupcake the week before Florida State. Also, we do not leave the friendly confines of The Swamp. This is a rebuilding year for sure :).

8. NDCOLTS1979

Nope Illinois and Ohio St dont play this year again

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

Well, I'm shying away from competition! Do you see what I have in the backfield. I have to change offensive coordinators to accomodate for the lack of RB's. A true Fresh will start, who is only 72 overall and he is the best thing I have. CAN ANYONE SAY, SPREAD! Just not sure which one, LOL!!!

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I feel okay about my team, but my starting QB is an 83 overall. We will win some game, but unless we get excellent QB play, it will be hard to compete for a championship.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Forever you should ride your offense out... don't be scared:).... and I'm putting in my sliders this afternoon... asking for top teams on your schedule may come back to haunt you... be ready to play some ball because top CPU teams are coming ready to ball:) I'll post the sliders up later for those who haven't played with them yet... it'll behoove you to do so or that CPU QB might carve you up or that CPU RB will run wild on you, just a warning... I know I'm going to lose some CPU games if I come in playing a video game instead of football

12. BG

BG On The Rize!

I know your intentions is to make the cpu more competitive against user and I am in line with that. But herein lies my question to this, Will making the cpu teams better, make for a one dimensional user approach? For example, if that cpu team plays great defense and completely shuts down the run, wouldn't the logical thing to do is to abandoned the run early and throw the ball 35-50 times a game; Every game! If its tough to run now, isn't changing the sliders going to make it practically impossible after? (Knowing how I play, I would still try to run the ball despite being shutdow! I just don't want to feel that the cpu is so difficult that it makes for an "unreal" experience. I guess I will just have to change my sliders to get a true feeling to what I will be up against!

13. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

I'll play anyone, and Jerzey are these the same sliders that were used for your off-site OD? The slow ones?

14. BG

BG On The Rize!

Yeah, another suggestion, Can we bump up the speed of the game? My current sliders move pretty quick, which make blitzing a little more effective in my opinon. Just a thought!

15. ThePaw

Yeah exactly. I'm in two other OD's on here and they use the normal game speed and it's fun. Not sure if we switch to Jerzey's slow sliders (if that's what we are doing after all) will be fun. I know he put a lot of work into them, and I hear they play great but i'm not a slow game speed type of person. Although if that's the case I'll still give them a shot.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

They are normal gamespeed... and no they don't give the CPU or user any advantage.... Our sliders this past season were alright except for the fact that we couldn't run but if we would of tweaked just the run game to our benefit we would blow the CPU out no matter who they are... I don't mind losing to a better CPU team... I hate sleep walking thru computer games without a challenge... their is a reason our league ran the longest last season (out of ALL TF OD) because we provided a challenge with our sliders. Nothing was given. Leagues die because of boredom and the fact that everyone wants to win (no matter who you are). If you lose one game and know the other users will run the table no matter who they have up it makes the league pretty dry... not every conference champion goes undefeated every year.... it felt good in '10 when Bits would fall to South Carolina late and give me a chance after losing to him earlier in the season to compete for the SEC crown... he never lost again but it gave me a little hope that the CPU could shock him again and get me in... in some of these other leagues that hope is nowhere present....

17. ThePaw

Oh alright, if they're normal gamespeed i'm all for it. Last season the computer was challenging me and this year I have a very weak roster so it looks like i'll be losing a lot of games this year :p

18. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Amen to this. Losing 3 games to the cpu last year was more fun than running the table at Texas the year before. I love a challenge from the cpu.

Also, I only have two user games this year, so if anyone wants Auburn on their schedule, lets do it.

19. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I'll be getting to the schedules when I get home around 6:30pm EST. So if you didnt make a suggestion I will add some user games for you.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I actually messed with the schedule for shits and giggles earlier... I tried to give everyone their game.... everyone has 3 or four user games... everyone has an A schedule except Boise because they play in that soft ass conference... hopefully you'll only have to tweak some games here and there....

21. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I wish the schedule updated on Dynasty Wire, but I'm sure an A schedule will be fine.

22. NDCOLTS1979

23. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

no need to change mine than.pretty sure OSU plays an A+ schedule every year......;)

24. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Boise St always fucking schedules up lol

25. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

great job Ray! I got pulled into a late softball game but I made a few tweaks like making sure everyone has 6 home and away games and changed 2 CPU games.

Advancing to regular season now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.