Preseason

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 23, 2012.

?

Should we sim the preseason

Poll closed Oct 26, 2012.
  1. No

20.0%
  2. Yes, after Week 1. (Injuries ON)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, after Week 1. (Injuries OFF)

40.0%
  4. Yes, all of them. (Injuries ON)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, all of them. (Injuries OFF)

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It seems like there isn't a whole lot of interest in playing Preseason games.

Should we sim them? If so, should we turn injuries OFF?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I voted yes, with injuries off. The depth chart issues are well known, which cause problems. Combine that with the fact that some guys apparently have their starters as backups at other positions (especially in the defensive front 7) and you end up with guys like Clay Matthews being on the field against the backup scrub OL. Thanks but no thanks, I'd rather just move to the games that count.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

ditto. It's fun to play the preseasoners, but the depth chart stuff is a pain in the butt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I voted yes after week one with injuries turned off. I like to play at least one game to get the feel of my team.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I say sim all of them. Use practice mode to check out your team before the first game.

My .02

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

As long as injuries are off for the preseason, I have no issues playing the games. Combined with cut days it's a more realistic experience and a lot of fun to see how your scrubs do in game situations. Maybe it's just me but I say no.

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Shaun Mason aren't both options the same considering we're already in week 2?

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes, but I'm considering future seasons as well. No sense wasting 4 days per season if no one wants to play them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dru50

I wasn't even thinking of the cuts. Shaun Mason if we simmed the preseason games themselves (depending on what you decide), we would still be given time during at least one of the early weeks to cut down to a 53 man roster right? I'd really prefer not to leave that in the hands of the CPU and watch it cut a lower rated rookie in favor of a veteran that I may not want to keep.

For example, I have a rookie OLB (Jesse Turner) who is a 64 OVR because, quite frankly, he's dumber than a bag of hammers (29 Awareness - yes, 29). I'm guessing the CPU would cut him, since he is my lowest rated OLB by 8 OVR points. But...I would keep him since I drafted him to give me flexibility to play a 3-4 this year, but apparently the changing scheme thing doesn't work, and aside from his awareness being garbage he is really solid at other areas and semi-spectacular at rushing the passer.

If not being able to make cuts is a result of simming preseason games, please change me to a "no" vote.

• Like Like x 1
  10. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

If this was asked last year, I would have said absolutely sim them as we pretty much had the same rosters as what we were using offline. This time around, I have a few decisions to make at certain positions and was planning on evaluating 1 player last week and 1 player this week at each of those positions.

So if allowing us to have our game tonight, would help me and maybe some others out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's kind of why I left the option to play one game. My thought, play one game, cut to 53, sim the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't care one way or another, but I voted no as I know some people want them. If people want to play that bad when I am their opponnent I will get on and play them.

13. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

bingo

14. Dru50

That would work for me. I'll be planning on cutting to 53 tonight after we advance.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think if we have guys on that cut line we need atleast 1 game, this is perfect IMO

16. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Sim them. Injuries off.

17. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

I'm cool with it with injuries off. Shaun Mason, are we able to sign FA's now to fill rosters or are we waiting until after Pre-season?

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  19. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'd say at least play one, and then sim it if we must. I may be one of the rare cats that likes all the preseason games, but I see the downside in them. They're usually not that entertaining. If we can take two days to play our Week 1 game, and sim the rest, I'd be more than happy. Even allowing a few hours between preseason sims to adjust our depth chart so that our starters aren't playing the entire game like they did for the Week 1 sim.

20. PAgamer07

Change my vote to Yes after week 1 (no injuries). It sucks if guys arent interested and we end up playing the CPU. Hopefully guys can play at least 1 preseason user game.

21. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

You're a little late. Lol

22. PAgamer07

It was a tie. I never heard a formal announcement for season 3. Sorry if I missed something.

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I change my vote to "Yes, after Week 1. (Injuries OFF)" because when I initially voted I misunderstood and thought we were just talking about season two's preseason. Shaun Mason any official ruling on this?

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'll make one before next season.