Press Conference

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pro, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Pro

Pro Walk On

Aug 30, 2011
    Good evening folks, Beau Bishop for ONN here. We are live at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center for a special news conference. We now toss it up to Athletic Director Gene Smith.

Gene Smith: "Recently we have decided to part ways for our former Offensive Coordinator coach Monken. It was determined that this team needed to go in a different direction, and we think we have the perfect guy lined up for the job. He is a young coach but has already achieved great success at the collegiate level. He has taken his team to 5 straight bowl games, a 10 win season, and a MAC championship. He is a true Buckeye through and through, let me introduce to you our new Offensive Coordinator/ Recruiting Coordinator......Andrew Profio. "

Profio: "Thanks Gene, President Gee, Coach Mark Synder, and the Buckeye Nation. I am very excited to be here at this fine institution. Growing up in the state of Ohio, I was born and bred a Buckeye. I remember watching players like Andy Katzenmoyer, Craig Krenzel and the 2002 national championship team. Even recent players like Dane Sanzenbacher, AJ Hawk, James Lauranitis. My favorite Buckeye of all time? That's easy, its Chris Spielman. I remember being a kid and wanting to be like #36, forget Michael Jordan."

Profio: "You can expect our offensive attack to be lethal and efficient. We will take some of the power running OSU is known for and blend it with the modern passing attacks. I will do my best to make it a truly balanced attack. As far as recruiting can us to get only the best. But we will also get players who excel in the class as well as the community. Players who will be true role models, players who kids around Ohio can look up to."

Profio: "I am aware of the challenges that comes with a job like this. I am aware that the level of competition in the MAC is not up to par with the Big Ten. But I truly feel like I am ready for this job, and will do everything in my power to make all of Buckeye Nation proud. You'll be proud of our young the class room, in the community, and most especially in 284 days......"
    • Like Like x 3