Press Release

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by akutozo, Jul 22, 2015.

1. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

BREAKING: News from the NFL HaW.

[​IMG]

Ryan Grigson, Colts GM has prepared an announcement with Colts Head Coach Jacob Daughtry.

"Thank you all for being here."

[​IMG]

"There comes a time in every franchise where a team must make a decision, and that decision is born from a question. Can we be great? This question has a lot of implications. It requires you to evaluate yourself, the people who surround you from an organizational standpoint and the talent you have, will have, and have to develop. It requires you to be honest. But ultimately, it also requires you to admit something. That you have failed.

Every year we stack our roster with 60, 70, 80 people who are for one thing and one thing only. A paycheck." Grigson laughs with the media. "No, but seriously. What we're here for as an organization is a Super Bowl. When Peyton Manning was released from the Colts, we asked ourselves this very question. Can we be great? Unfortunately, that meant admitting that we weren't. No matter how great, even legendary Peyton Manning was without him our organization went 2 - 14. No playoff caliber team should have the number 1 pick in the draft, and that meant we weren't a team. So we let Peyton go, and we drafted Andrew Luck.

Now, you might say we've built a very good team. But during the entirety of HaW 16, what did that accomplish? A playoff appearance now and then. Our long standing coach walked after a post season loss. Jacob Daughtry, our scout for talent brought in a lot of great talent, made daring trades and gave us a superior roster. But, we were a team in transition. We barely missed the playoofs, then ee fell to 5 -11. Now, in the sunset of HaW we came back from this and returned to the playoffs. But the ultimate mirror was before us. We were not great. We may have great talent, a great coach, a great staff. But not a great team.

It is with sadness that I announce the resignation for his bid as the Colts HaW 2016 coach, a great coach, Jacob Daughtry."

The room erupts into questions, quickly being silenced by staff as Jacob Daughtry takes the stand.

"Thank you, Ryan, for your words of kindness. I would also like to thank Jim Irsay for giving me every opportunity to rebuild this team. Under our guidance we built a great dual RB threat between Alfred Morris and Isiah Crowell. We brought in Davon Sampson, who has been our leading WR every season since he has come here. We brought in Tyre Mason and Demarcus Ware to bolster our D, and saw Robert Mathis take the all time sack record.

You see, I'm a coach that loves to build. Free Agency. Scouting. Trading. I will do everything and anything to get my man. I have the confidence I can build a Super Bowl caliber team, but I have not delivered a Super Bowl to Indianapolis. That's what I was hired for. Rings. I believe Grigson will find an adequate replacement and that'll be announced in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I have my own announcement to make as well."

"HaW 2016. Let's rebuild Cleveland."

[​IMG]

"I am announcing that I am officially the new head coach of the Cleveland Browns in HaW 2016. There will be no further questions. Thank you."

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

Trade me Haden.

3. akutozo

I knew you were going to say that. You can't trade me if you don't even know what to offer.

4. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

I know what is available to offer. :)

5. akutozo

Prove it and release the information.... We all know you're demon. Tweet us some love.

6. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

I'm not demon lol, i can promise that.

I prefer to watch the heartbroken madness unfold.

• Like Like x 1
  7. akutozo

That's awful. You should be ashamed of yourself young man.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Nice post akutozo

The Browns are fun man, cool classic uniforms, old school hard working fan base/tradition and a nice handful of young players to build around. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. akutozo

I've always had a soft spot for the Browns. It'll be fun.