Pressing discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NexusVI Roy, Jun 1, 2013.

1. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

First, I would like to show some real futbol videos, about how Barça and Real Madrid applies pressing in their games:

Real Madrid 3 men pressing:

and

FC Barcelona pressing, always one man (AT LEAST) pressing to steall the ball:

Now, for this league concerns, I would like to ask where is the limit. I play with a 3-5-2 formation (Barça plays 3-4-3), which means there is always a LOT of pressure once you approach the midfield (all my midfielders and strikers pressing, not IA driven pressure).

I'm sure, if I would use another formation, pressing may be lower, but I like to use this formation (tho it leaves my wings a bit weaker and I always get a goal or two).

Opinions?

2. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

G.2.0 Gameplay: This is a cheese free zone. Those interested in hardcore, no holds barred, win at all cost FIFA game-play, then this is not the place for you. Therefore, we do not expect to see extreme custom formations, 100% aggression tactics, known glitches and/or otherwise unsportsmanlike conduct. Like content, SIM If you have specific questions and/or would like to report another member, please seek guidance via your league commissioner through use of PMs.

There's not a specific limit. Don't play like a dooosh and there won't be problems.

Personally I like playing against guys who feel the need to pressure the ball constantly because it's much easier to score goals against them, but that's me. They like to think they can play like Barcelona, but they don't have the players to do it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  3. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I am well aware of how both teams play and I will tell you the difference between that and what you were doing. First, notice in the Real Madrid video how when the guy was in the corner, they all came after him but when he got it out, they slowed down and were just jogging toward people. Notice in the video how Barcelona storms the guy with the ball with one guy but you don't see two guys ripping out of position to storm the EVERYguy who has the ball. The only time they come with two is if the guy is very close to several players. My point is that they pick their spots to bring the pressure. If you think you have a guy cornered or if the guy is in your box and you have to get the ball back to save a goal, that's fine. However, there shouldn't be two guys charging every guy with the ball all game because it doesn't happen in real life. Also, the game doesn't accurately tire players out as they would in real life if they were doing that all game. Barca can do it because once they get the ball back, they pass it around quickly without moving much for 65% of the game and take a breather. Our game was about 50 or 55% for you with a lot of your guys running around while you have the ball which means your players would be absolutely dying in the end and it's me who would have been scoring the late goals because your team would have jello legs. Also, I'm not sure where you got that Barca plays a 3-4-3......Are you calling Dani Alvez or Alba a center back? They play a 4-3-3.......Alvez at RB, Pique and Puyol (sometimes Mascherano or Busquets) at CB, Alba at LB, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta at CM, then Messi, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez or David Villa moving around up top as attackers.........I don't really care that you play a 3-5-2. I know the purpose of it and that's fine. It's just the way you are running at people while holding the call for second defender button like all the players on seasons who do whatever they can to get the advantage. It should feel more realistic than that. Notice how I backed away from you a lot and read your passes/played the passing lanes to take the ball or I picked my time to go at the guy and take it. You didn't see me sprinting all helterskelter at the guy and I usually only closed down quickly if you passed it to a guy who was within a few yards of my defender.

4. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

Yes Michael, I understand your pointof the 2d defender to press, tho I still think it wasn't too agressive.

And Barça usually switch to 3-4-3 or 4-3-3, depends on the rival they are going to face.

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

If charging every player with two defenders all game is not too aggressive, I'm not sure there is a too aggressive to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NexusVI Roy

NexusVI Roy Walk On

You can set up an ultra-aggressive tactic by setting your Aggro and Press sliders to 100 and double pressure all the time . Some people use it in H2H seasons and that's the dumb and unrealistic pressure tactic imo.

Well, anyway, If double pressure is ""banned"" then maybe the rules should have a line about it.

7. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Be Massive, My Friend

It isn't banned, just don't abuse it, it's not that hard.

I consider the 100% aggression tactics to include this because FIFA isn't exactly a model in tactical execution. Sure you can set your tactic sliders to whatever you want, but the way you play can also override them, which is why I consider them to be one in the same.

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I agree with electric. You're at a sim gaming site. It's all about playing realistically and fairly and playing to enjoy the game. Charging every player with two players all game does not really embody any of those qualities and it's a bit of an unintentional exploit because the AI does not tire at the rate a human would if a team did that 100% of the game.