Pretender or Contender Week!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Pretender or Contender Week!

Pretender or Contender

A big time slate of games will largely determine those early BCS rankings. We are very close to the midseason mark and teams are starting to take on their identity. Pretenders: untested teams that are still flying high but will their confence schedule knock them off their pedestal. Contenders: teams that are legit and will be in the conversation for a BCS title. Those questions are going to be answered in week 5.

Auburn vs #4 Nebraska- Nebraska is playing for bragging rights in this one. This will give them another BCS quality win because Auburn should finish top 20. Nebraska will run away with the North as they will offer little resistance. The Auburn game will help them prepare for their game against Texas later this season. Auburn is jacked after a big win over Clemson in a shoot out. They have the offense to beat anyone in the country but defense will decide the outcome of this game. Who is gonna get stops when they need it?

TAMU vs #25 Oklahoma St. - Huge Big 12 South contest. TAMU is undefeated and still unranked as the voters do not believe they have played anybody. They are undefeated and can get a big jump in the Big 12 south because . . .

#2 Texas vs #11 Oklahoma- The Red River Rivalry is this week. Oh how the venom will be spewed in Dallas. Both teams had their shot at a National Title the past two years and both have failed. Gone is Bradford/Mccoy. Now we have Gilbert/Jones. The loser will have a tough road to hoe as the Big 12 south has TAMU, and Oklahoma St. ready to take over.

Clemson vs #17 Miami - Both had tough losses last week out of conference. That didn't do much for the ACC is back shouters around the country. What team will this conference belong to? Will Georgia Tech run away with it? Can Miami work out the kinks and win the ACC like most predicted? This game will determine that in large.

#22 Tennesee vs LSU- LSU is unranked for the first time in a long time. A tough loss to Geno Smith and WVU has the Tigers reeling. They dropped another nonconference game against uNC in the opener. Jordan Jefferson leads the country in passing yards but has 2 losses on the resume. All hope is lost right? No LSU has a good of chance as any team in the SEC to go to Atlanta. Wins against the Vols and Gators could put them in the driver's seat if . . .

#1 Alabama vs #3 Florida - Florida can knock off Alabama they will be right where there they need to be East champions (LSU takes lead in the west with a win over UT). It could also give them a chance of avoiding Alabama in the SECCG and having the tough task of beating them twice in 1 season. BUT, that's a huge if, in case you have not heard, Alabama is really good at football. Florida has struggled stopping the likes of Poole and Locke of Tennesee and Kentucky. Alabama's second string running back may be the second best running back in the conference behind the Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram. Oh yeah, that Nick Saban guy is a pretty good defensive coach and he has the best defense in the country.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

comments ???

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wait? I'm not ranked?!!!!!

4. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

Reading this makes me want to leave work and go play NOW. Great write up.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

you are jerz i just missed it man

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

fixed it jerz my bad lol

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Whew!! I was about to go postal 'round here lol

8. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

glad to see my raiders r not important lol

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

you're playing Iowa state c'mon man you will be featured soon , lol

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Normally teams that suck don't get mentioned in these type of things LMAO... just kiddin with you.... still gotta get you back for the Chaos Contender/Pretender thread:D

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Florida = Pretenders 41-17 ouch.

12. NDCOLTS1979

Yes flordia goes done lol will get mine in after I leave this roof I am on.

13. NDCOLTS1979

Lol then y was miami mentioned they did lose to a lesser team. Yeah I know u do that's why I give u the most shit u give it back

14. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

man everyone is losing. We may have a first CPU vs CPU national title game.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I don't mind a CPU vs. CPU NC Game.... that just means we need to get our game up and our NC will have earned it....

16. NDCOLTS1979

Dont ever talk about Texas Tech we are garbage and thats what we are going to be for a very long time

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Miami is officially garbage as well.... can't stop anybody on D... time to rebuild this team or something... shit is frustrating, lol

18. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

FSU pulls out a 33-20 win over Virginia, JT had 151 yards on the ground. Ponder was not bad no td's but looked better. Lost my #1 WR Bert Reed for the season.

Digging the new playbook I switched to this game. I'll be back sunday going to the shore for 2 days.

19. Dean

Dean Walk On

A&M beats OSU, but still isn't a contender. Through 4 games our D has allowed 124 points.

20. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

LSU goes down hard to UT. We are most DEFINITELY pretenders at this point.

21. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Man ECU almost beat me..they made one hell of a 4th qt comeback