Preview 2009 WK3 #3 Alabama (jfosh) vs. #13 North Carolina (BlyGilmore)

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jfosh, Jul 27, 2009.

1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Preview 2009 WK3 #3 Alabama (jfosh) vs. #13 North Carolina (BlyGilmore)

#3 Alabama (2-0) jfosh vs. #13 North Carolina (2-0) BlyGilmore

8:00 PM EST www.justin.tv/jfosh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With two games against ranked teams under their belt the Tide rolls in to Chapel Hill this week. Alabama has yet to look like the #3 team in the nation. Bama barely outlasted Ohio St. in an ugly game and pulled away late in a game against #24 Utah.

#13 North Carolina poses a different challenge, they are an emerging star. Under the direction on new coach BlyGilmore. Carolina has been dominate in their first two games against Army and Michigan. Pounding the ball on the ground and controlling the ball for twice as long as their opponents. The passing game has been very efficient as well in the run oriented (Air Force) offense. QB TJ Yates has completed 20-31 with 1 TD and no INT's. On defense the Tar Heels have been downright stingy on the ground holding Michigan to -5 rushing yards in the last game. It has been by committee on defense and are strong everywhere. Marvin Austin and Cam Thomas go 305 and 330 with 90+ strength. Both starting ends are 80+ speed. The line backing core all have great speed with the slowest being 86. There are just no slow footed Tar Heels to speak of. (FS) Deunta Williams is a sure tackler and can lay the lumber when has to. Williams leads the team with 9 tackles.

Alabama has looked good at times but equally as bad at times. They enter the game with a (-6) turnover margin. Largely due to very inconsistent QB play. QB Greg McElroy will start and not have to worry about heading to the bench (21-39 with 5 picks and 3 TD's). McElroy has just shown better command of the offense than Fr Star Jackson (7-18 with 4 picks and 1 TD). HB Mark Ingram will have to be on his game against the North Carolina game. Ingram opened the season with a monster 200 yard rushing performance against Ohio St but was pulled in the second game when he had trouble holding onto the ball. The "X" factor for Alabama has to WR Julio Jones. Jones who blanked against Ohio St. (largely due to the QB play) bounced back against Utah with 5 catches for 123 yards and 2 TD's. Jones needs to be a threat to loosen up the stingy Carolina D.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Line.......

Bama giving 10 points to UNC

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think you Ryno and Juggs are giving me the Kiss of Death. McElroy better be accurate tonight.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

visiting prospects = 0 ...

NO BALLS Foshe... i think i take back my prediction, i don't like yellybelly lillylivers...

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

I assume that is directed at Bly he is home.

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ahhh... BAMA by 21 then... Bly is urinatin in his tarheels

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Big user games have been the bain of Mr. Fosh in 09. He couldnt get over the hump.

A win here is a step in the right direction.

I predict Bama 31 UNC 21 in a close game with Bama's overall skill advantage paying off late.

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'll take UNC, buying 1/2 a pt, +10.5

10. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Watch the lob "Bly".. Scrimmed him the other day and he did it to me 6 times.... 5 in the first half to get the lead..... Can you say cheese?

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

After watching this game it is nice to see actual defense in AA. Last season I remember playing Helli in the first season an I think the score was around 55-45. Hardly any stops. So big improvement over last year

12. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

its a shame nobody is going to be able to run against a human in this game.

oh wait.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

oh yes running will be possible but you have to stick with it.....most people panic when they are down and feel like they need to pass to get back in it quick. The thing about this year if they are expecting pass an you run, you can break off 10 yards a clip.

The cpu does that shit to me!!

14. Maynard

Maynard Banned

so who won this battle?

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Bly was up the whole game but sort of fell apart the late in the 3rd quarter.

Alabama kicked a FG with no time left to force OT and then won in the first OT