Previous Season OTB

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I hate doing waivers. Anyone have a better idea than having Danthraxxx waste an hour every night? Will anyone be too pissed off with first come first serve? I'm trying to make this league low maintenance for everyone involved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Give me some feedback here. Trades are a sticky point in previous leagues.

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Be realistic and don't be a douche or stupid?

I would be willing to serve on trade committee to prevent rapes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I volunteer to be on trade committee as well is needed.

5. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

First come first serve is righty okay with me.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yeah first come first serve works. The only time a process may need to be considered is the first pickup after the draft... rookie FAs.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    *shrug* I think people purposely wouldn't sign guys in FA to try to get them cheaper at waivers. This kind of solves that LOL.

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

This is the devil right here lol.

Here is my thought on it. Week 1 = no wiavers to allow CPU to sign players if needed. CPU will need all help they can get to be competitive. After that a first come first serve withing reason, maybe have gentleman's agreement to never sign more than 5 guys in a season unless somebody goes on IR.

Lord knows I don't enjoy doing the waivers but if we had a 72 hour advance or less than 32 owners and a 48 hour advance I could handle it. I started just using one google doc / form rather than making a new one each week towards the end of my TMFL time and that was not such a pain. I think if we limit it to 5 guys per season unless there is somebody on IR I can manage it just fine, but your the boss so however you want it is fine by me. :)

9. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Trade committee seems the best route

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I like the idea of a league vote vs. trade commitee , that way there is no bickering.

In regaurds to trades I think we clearly need to have realistic trades, I know the CPU logic won't let you get too rapey. I know some leagues have had a limit on number of trades which i support, but this league is not going to be a full 11-12 month cycle per the new console just coming out. I would like to see us get an option to have maybe 2 trades total max in first two years or what not so we can make up for the lost months we would have normally had to build our teams.

Just my 0.02$

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

IMO you should be able to trade second and third tier type players freely (obviously not five swaps a season, but you get it).

For example in TMFL, I really wanted to get Rex burkhead from Danthraxxx but I did a trade the previous season so I couldn't-- lame IMO.

I also really like the idea of a league wide vote, but if no that a committee at least. With the vote it'd e simple- takes majority to pass.

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

First come first serve after week 2 sounds good.

If two people want him they can do Rock Paper Scissors on Skype.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'm cool with whatever we decide here. I don't like to field a team of FA's, just viable backups or a position filler here or there. A limit on the amount of FA's we pick up per season isn't a bad idea either. Unless someone gets hurt...

14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Committee. I'll be annoyed by a league wide vote esp if there are a lot of trades.

15. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I agree with this.....I think there needs to be some sort of compromise here especially since my old ass is in bed by 10 lol

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Committee. I volunteer to help if needed.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

ditto

18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Simplest way or most common way is to have a TC, limit trades in-season and off-season and simply reject trades that will kill caps. I don’t think real nfl teams would take the type of hits people have taken in madden, it happens occasionally like with the Raiders this past offseason. In a madden league, if somebody is trying to trade a player that has a huge cap penalty, should be rejected regardless if they fit under the cap or not. Typically, the good franchise players have big cap hits unless in their contract year.

19. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Soft trade limit through a committee. 1-3 in season trades (can do more if trade is for backups or a win for both sides and not from an owner who is excessively gutting his team). Draft pick trades should stay within a 10% (preferably 5%, unless for cap/logical reasons) difference on the trade value chart. No trading of rookies or young building blocks guys unless equal swap of similar player.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Need waivers after the draft. I'm fine with first come first serve once the season kicks off.

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

IMO no "limit" on trades. If the TC thinks your one big move was just that, have fun trying to get any other trades to go through that season. If you only make a few trades for some backups here and there, no big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

This! :trophy:

23. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

First come works as long as people don't whore up FA and sign people they don't necessarily need, but they'd be a upgrade at depth 2-3 ... Honor system & Don't be a douche in full effect.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

This 100% , also if like to add if you are a "have" , don't abuse the waivers and take players from the potential "have nots". Hard enough to play with a poop roster :(

For those coming from TMFL ...... I have shown it is also hard sometimes to play with a good roster lol

• Like Like x 1
  25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm fine with either. It's been a while since I've been in a Madden League, so I will kinda be learning as I go.