Pride-S2N Challenge

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Jul 10, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

The Pride vs Second to None Challenge

With the release of NCAA 13 upon us, leadership at both Second to None and The Pride has agreed in principle to an NCAA 13 challenge between members of each respective league. The challenge will hopefully serve as a spring board for future monthly challenges and/or tournaments.

Both Commissioners came together on this idea, liked the challenge and opportunity that this/these events will present to the league and community in building relationships along with great camaraderie.

Requirements:
    • The settings will be at default, Heisman, 7 min quarters.
    • You have until 7/17 to get your games in.
    • Results with a reasonable summary of the game should be posted here
    • A PM is to be sent to the commissioners, with a quick rating of your opponents play. PM to be sent to : KnightNoles, Ucanhatemenow, and BigSmooth33
      • All players to be rated on a 1-5 scale.
      • Rank 1-5, 1 being BS lobby cheese shit, 5 being TSO level expectations for sim play.
      • Rankings should be categorized by the following:
        • Playcalling:
        • Pre-snap adjustments:
        • "Stick" skills:
        • Sportsmanship:
        • Overall rating:
      • The summary should be titled with the opponents TSO name, these simple 5 bullet points, and their rating.
        • Example:
          • Subject: "BigSmooth33"
            • Playcalling: 3
            • Pre-snap adjustments: 3
            • "Stick" skills: 3
            • Sportsmanship: 3
            • Overall rating: 3
        • This will not be used for anything other than the development of your gameplay and to make sure that Sim Expectations are clear, understood, and followed.
    • Not to be a dick, but failure to participate and follow the simple requirements can be grounds for review of your position within your league. Any exceptions need to be granted by the commissioners. We're not asking for a lot here, and if you can't get through this, you are probably not going to make it through multiple seasons and add any content/substance to the league.
    Thank you all and good luck.
    Show why we want to be Second to None!

• Like Like x 6
  2. KnightNoles

Tentatively set matchups:

Florida State ( KnightNoles ) vs Buffalo ( bcduggan )

Mississippi State ( broth262 ) vs Mizzou? ( thegman2.0 )

North Carolina ( krtgolfing ) vs Florida State ( Broncos218 )

Wisconsin ( trevorg234 ) vs UConn ( RedAL925 )

Notre Dame ( Nautica ) vs Texas A&M ( thescorpio1985 )

Tennessee ( DrunkenSoldier ) vs Iowa ( hawksupnya )

Clemson ( mikedredd ) vs USC ( MrWitness36 )

South Carolina ( chance17 ) vs Notre Dame ( UcanHateMeNow )

Michigan ( redwings8831 ) vs Western Michigan ( nkmi1984 )

Alabama ( Papa Perry ) vs North Carolina ( majesty95 )

Miamia ( mcyork ) vs Florida ( IJGator )

Nebraska ( jusblaze09 ) vs Michigan ( BigSmooth33 )

• Like Like x 7
  3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Dang.... bcduggan going to war with his favorite school Buffalo?!!! That's a "G"!

• Like Like x 1
  4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Playing my game tonight, hoping to do us proud

• Like Like x 2
  5. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

1st game in the challenge is about to kick off

6. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Mississippi State: 31
    Missouri:21

S2N:1
    The Pride:0

7. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

Taylor Martinez implodes in the 4th. Michigan wins 20-10

Wisconsin and coach jusblaze went into Michigan for game #2 of the Pride/S2N Challenge looking to build some momentum for the league while trying to prove himself against Pride co-commissioner BigSmooth.

Nebraska won the toss and received and on the first drive, Taylor Martinez threw and interception. Michigan couldn't capitalized and the 1st quarter was filled with 3 and outs.

The Cornhuskers were the first team to put something together. As Martinez sat on the sideline to heal an injury, the Cornhuskers drove down the field and managed to get a FG to make it 3-0. Michigan came back with a drive of their own, but the Nebraska defense managed to knock out Denard Robinson, forcing Devin Gardner to play the rest of the game. After a Michigan FG to make it 3-3, Nebraska quickly drove down the field in 26 seconds, punching the ball in on an option keeper by Martinez to make it 10-3 Cornhuskers going into halftime.

Michigan came out of halftime and started with a FG, but Nebraska came back with a drive of their own before it stalled out on the Michigan 47 yard line. Michigan found some success, but the drive stalled as we went into the 4th.

Nebraska went 3 and out, but the defense stepped up and forced Michigan to punt. With the game looking in hand, Nebraska imploded while Michigan stood up. Martinez was picked off by Jordan Kovacs, who took it back for a TD. 2 plays later, J.T. Floyd got an INT, and Fitz ran it in to make it 20-10. Nebraska tried one more time but Martinez was picked off once again and it sealed the game.

S2N: 1
    Pride: 1

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

LOL looking at your avatar I couldn't for the life of me understand how the series was tied 1-1 then I remembered you were not UM you were Nebraska redwings is UM in our league anyway good games guys way to represent broth262 tell us about the game how'd you kick his ass like that?

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

IJGator when you want to rumble homes I am good on the weeknights after 9 weekends are meh but will try to work with ya

10. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

ok thanks. ill be home Friday night. im available Monday too.

11. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    This wont be a great recap because I forgot I wouldn't have a postgame box score to look at, but from what I remember. He scored one TD on a punt return, one after intercepting a pitch on an option play, and the other on a big run. My defense was suffocating the whole game, I forced like 8 sacks and I think 4 INT's, one of which was returned to the house. I felt in control for most of the game, but I kept making mistakes, and any time he would get some momentum going, my defense would come in with a big sack or an INT. The game really came down to who capitalized on the opponents mistakes better and I did.

12. KnightNoles

BigSmooth33 Vegas says:

Tentatively set matchups:
    Florida State KnightNoles -20 vs Buffalo bcduggan
    North Carolina krtgolfing vs Florida State -10 Broncos218
    Wisconsin -3.5 trevorg234 vs UConn RedAL925
    Notre Dame -7.5 Nautica vs Texas A&M thescorpio1985
    Tennessee -7 DrunkenSoldier vs Iowa hawksupnya
    Clemson - 3 mikedredd vs USC MrWitness36
    South Carolina chance17 vs Notre Dame -3 UcanHateMeNow
    Michigan -14 redwings8831 vs Western Michigan nkmi1984
    Alabama -17 Papa Perry vs North Carolina majesty95
    Miami mcyork vs Florida -3 IJGator
    I'm laying a lot of money at the Stardust on nkmi1984

We're favored in 7 games, DON'T GET CAUGHT SLEEPIN!

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'll try to get this game in by friday, I haven't even played the game yet. That will be tonight when I will finally be able to play

14. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

FYI mikedredd
    You're matchup will be changing as MrWitness has had to step down. Duty calls abroad for him.

15. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Wisconsin Tops UCONN 24-10
    The Badgers proved their place as a conference favorite by going into East Hartford, Connecticut and knocking off the Huskies by 14.

The game began with the Badgers winning the toss and deferring to the second half. UConn moved the ball to midfield with a combination of run and play-action strikes, however, a Marcus Cromartie pick-six quickly turned the tide in favor of the Badgers.
    After a Connecticut three-and-out, Montee Ball and company went to work. After a drive that began inside the ten yard line and encompassed nearly an entire quarter, Ball punched in a two yard TD run.
    The next drive was quickly followed by another interception, this time by Peniel Jean.
    With less than 90 seconds left in the half, coach Bielema was faced with a decision on fourth down. The choices were either kick a 37-yard FG to take a 17-0 lead, or trust his offensive line to pick up a yard. There was no hesitation. The Badgers lined up in the fabled Maryland-I formation and let the nation's best offensive line do the dirty work. However, the Badgers got much more than one yard; in fact, they got twenty yards and another Montee Ball touchdown giving the Badgers a 21-0 lead.
    On the following drive, the Huskies were able to pick up 58 yards on a huge completion down the sideline to get in position for a field goal.
    Half-time score: 21-3
    The third quarter gave rise to a 35-yard FG by Kyle French for Wisconsin and a 29-yard TD rush by UConn, making the score 24-10.
    There would be no more scoring, as the the fourth quarter was filled with strong UConn defense and timely plays made by the Badgers.
    The nail in the coffin was an interception by Chris Borland with one minute left. Borland took a dive inside the 5-yard line to ensure the Huskies would not get the ball back. Two kneel-downs later, the game was over.
    In summary, the mass and strength of the Badgers proved too much for Connecticut. Coach RedAl did a fine job of game planning, but his players simply didn't have the skill to stay with the opposition.
    Player of the Game:
    RB Montee Ball
    19 rushes 93 yards 2 TD
    [​IMG]
    S2N- 2​
    Pride-1​

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  16. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

East Hartford, and UConn not UCONN, but I digress. Perfect summary of the game, well earned by you

17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'm sorry if I offended you. A prompt edit job is in order, haha

• Like Like x 1
  18. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Haha, appreciate the vote of confidence. How'd you guys come up with these spreads?

Michigan vs WMU should be played by Tuesday night

• Like Like x 1
  19. UcanHateMeNow

UcanHateMeNow 3rd Coast born that means we're Texas raised

South Carolina defeated Notre Dame. I will let chance17 do his recap of the game.

20. chance17

chance17 Walk On

D/ST creates a SC victory 41-21
    Coach Chance welcomed a very skilled Notre Dame team into Columbia this afternoon. The home crowd was rowdy and got to see two top 25 teams duke it out in a very physical brawl.

#24 Notre Dame at #11 South Catolina​
    21 - Score - 41​
    11 - First Downs - 11​
    266 - Total Offense - 254​
    21-61-1 Rushes-Yards -TD 28-134-2​
    14-25-2 Comp-Att-TD 10-14-1​
    205 - Passing Yards - 120​
    2-7(28%) 3rd Down Conv 4-8(50%)
    0-1(0%) 4th Down Conv 0-0(0%)​
    0-0(0%) 2-Point Conv 0-0(0%)​
    1-1-0(100%) Red Zone-TD-FG 3-3-0(100%)​
    4 Turnovers 2
    1 Fumbles Lost 0​
    3 Intercepted 2​
    0 PR Yards 85​
    121 KR Yds 48​
    387 Total Yds 387​
    3-51.0 Punts-Average 0-0.0​
    0-0 Penalties-Yds. 0-0​
    13:02 T.O.P 14:58​

Offense
    SC - HB Cierre Wood - 13 rushes for 110 yds, 8.4 avg, 1 TD, long of 67
    ND - TE Tyler Eifert - 5 recptions, 83 yds, 1 TD, 12 YAC, 0 drops

Defense
    SC - CB Akeem Auguste - 2 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 sack, 1 INT-TD
    ND - MLB Dan Fox - 10 tackles (6 solo), 1 TFL

FIRST QUARTER
    The Gamecocks wasted no time picking up where they left off last year. After deferring until the second half, the D came out and played like they didn't lose two first rounders in the draft with a sack on second down followed by a fumble recovery at the 1.

The Irish showed the crowd they weren't willing to lie down and made two big run stuffs in a row, but on third down Connor Shaw made a quick pass to the fullback and broke the stalemate. (0-7 SC)

The Gamecock D got caught with its pants down a few plays later and gave a a monster 67 yd TD fun by Cierre Wood! (7 all)

Shaw and company made some progress down the field on both the ground and through the air, but Shaw went Favre and threw a pass to the flats that was intercepted by OLB Danny Pond before he stepped out of bounds.

Rees then orchestrated a nice 43 yd touchdown drive to put the Fighting Irish on top and end the first quarter. (14-7 ND)

SECOND QUARTER
    Lattimore could get the wheels turning on the opening drive of the second and the stout D stopped USC short on third down, resulting in a 39 yd field goal. (14-10 ND)

Rees then showed that he hadn't quite shaken off the turnover bug that he was infected with last season and threw a pick-6 to the ball-hawking senior Akeem Auguste and the Gamecocks would never look back from there. (14-17 SC)

After stopping Cierre wood short on 3rd and 1, the punt coverage broke down for ND as Ace Sanders returned his second career punt for touchdown. (14-24 SC)

Going into their 2-minute offense, Rees held onto the ball to take another big sack and a few plays later threw his 2nd INT of the contest.

Shaw was unable to get 6 pts for this offense as they stalled and failed to convert on a long field goal.

Showing the poise gained after constant media scrutiny last season. Rees drove the short field in a mere 18 seconds and threw a super pass to the All-American TE, Tyler Eifert. (21-24 SC) My user D has been awful online this year :p

With only five seconds to go, Shaw took a knee and led his team into the locker room with a narrow lead.

THIRD QUARTER
    The Gamecocks came out of the locker room with a lot of energy, and it showed on the first play of their drive. Connor Shaw rushed 57 yards on the QB keeper and after some trench warfare Brandon Wilds ran it in for 6 on a well executed lead. (21-31 SC)

On the next Notre Dame possession, Tommy Rees played like the coach had chewed his bottom for throwing into tight coverage. He opted to hold onto the ball longer than the first half, leading to two sacks as the defense held them in check.

Marcus Lattimore then showed why his name is on the Heisman hopeful list, putting up 30 yds and a TD on a 7 play/71 yd drive. (21-38 SC)

FOURTH QUARTER
    Notre Dame spun their wheels some more and were forced to punt again.

The Irishmen held Marcus Lattimore in check and on third down, Shaw made a hasty throw into single coverage that was intercepted by the senior safety Jamoris Slaughter.

Anxious to make this a game again, Rees and company tried to catch the defense off guard with a screen play, but 2011 Freshamn All-American Jadaveon Clowney showed good awareness and even better hands with an INT that closed the door on the hopes of this star-studded Irish team.

After holding the Gamecocks to only 3 after the turnover (21-41 SC), the Irish attempted the drive the field once more. The secondary was aided by the line yet again as Rees was flushed out of the pocket once and sacked once. An incomplete pass on 4th and 13 gave the ball to the home team once more.

Connor Shaw took a knee to seal this one up.

South Carolina's ball control was decent and Notre Dame's passing attack was countered by the Gamecock defense. Both QBs made some poor reads (Rees 3 INTs/Shaw 2 INTs), but surprisingly the points off of turnovers was only 14-17 in SC's favor. The tale of the tape is in the D/ST scoring (0-14 in SC's favor) and turnover margin (+2 for SC).

Good game, UcanHateMeNow, and good luck in the upcoming season. If we played in the house that Rockne built, I think it would have been a different game with the early turnover on my part. Cierre Wood and Tyler Eifert both create potential match-up nightmares that should give defenses hell.

S2N: 3
    Pride: 1

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  21. KnightNoles

LOL Red always gettin pissy about UCONN

• Like Like x 2
  22. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

University of Connecticut...no need to capitalize the whole thing. Just getting the message out there...gotta represent

• Like Like x 1
  23. KnightNoles

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  24. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I made them up...

25. KnightNoles

BigSmooth33