**Pro Evolution Soccer (PES)**

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Nautica, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Are there no PES fans here?

I have played PES over the past couple of years, and I think it is a much more sim style game than FIFA. Granted I didn't go out and grab the world cup and am basing my thoughts on the Fifa 10 vs PES 10. Fifa seemed WAY to arcade like. No matter what player had the ball, as soon as you hit the turbo, your guy could out run and out maneuver every player on the field. Even though PES doesn't have all the licencing that Fifa may have, it does have something that FIfa is lacking(now I may be mistaken), a full online season league play option. Now if PES gets more love, then I would buy it, but if not I'll just get it for the computer if i am the only one here playing it(if anyone else is interested in the computer version please let me know).

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    As I said previously, I was a huge PES fan for SEVERAL years until FIFA 10. I agree on default settings that it was a bit easy to get into space, but after the patch and on higher difficulty settings, I found it much more enjoyable. Everything I heard about World Cup is very positive. The new system of personality traits will likely give the game a drastically different feel.

I'm willing to give PES a shot, but the Be a Pro mode is going to be really, really hard to top. I enjoy that more than anything.

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

As I told you before Nautica.. If Fifa doesn't have a great online league feature, I'll be picking up PES. I will get Fifa because of how good the World Cup game was but after reading a bunch of threads of the Fifa forums, I don't think the creation zone will be much use to me. I'm strictly an online player. Manager Mode was fun right off the bat but became way too blah for me. Not a big Be A Pro Mode guy either. The clubs was a great feature, I just didn't like that I was forced to build up my virtual pro through Be A Pro Mode. Not to mention the fact that every time I tried to play clubs my game would freeze. Tried to play a club match a couple of weeks ago with some old friends and about 10mns in it froze.. really annoying.

I haven't played a PES game since Winning Eleven 9 but i'm willing to give it a try this year. I'm also hoping fifa has some different online modes as the world cup online modes were fun as hell. I loved the online world cup mode and the rankings divisions for head to head matches were spot on.

When does PES come out this year? It's crazy fifa is coming out in 2 weeks already. I better throw in the World Cup game so I can get back into this again.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That happened to Cole all the time. Once he deleted his pro and started over, it never happened again.

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

PES 2011 demo via XBL & PSN = 9/15 (PSN+ exclusive = 9/08)
    PES 2011 retail release = 9/30

6. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, I did that and it worked for like 5 games.. Then it started happening again. I'm not sure how many losses I gave the TF club team because I kept getting disconnected. I think there was a night when it was Mutt, Sunshine and myself and we were killing it but I was disconnected 3 straight times. That was the last time I tried clubs until recently and of course it happened again. I wish they would go back to the fifa09 clubs and just play as teams.. Minus the dream team glitch.

7. AJ Hart MN

Thanks man.. Do you know if the PES controls are the same as fifa's?

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

No idea, sorry. I'm strictly a FIFA guy.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

no the controls are different, I don't know yet if I will be able to pick up the game as soon as it drops, just waiting on all the extra financial aid money to come in. I can get PES free for the computer though, good alternative until i get the extra cash

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

FIFA 'Fo Life!

[​IMG]

11. AJ Hart MN

With Christmas here and everyone getting the obligatory VISA gift cards, I was wondering if anyone here will pick up PES?

I can say I won't ever give up on my beloved FIFA as I love too many things about the game.. Randy's TFL has been a huge success, Clubs is always fun and I also used to be a hard core ranked games guy (although not so much the last couple of years). I have been wanting to get into the ranked games aspect of FIFA again but I keep reading on the FIFA forums of the cheese abusers as you rank up. Career Mode can be pretty fun for a while but my interest seems to die out on that also. The Be A Pro Career Mode was very fun while I was trying to build up my Pro for the club but I haven't played clubs in ages. I would like to get back in the clubs with you guys but it just seems you all play pretty late at night and the only time I could ever play would be like an occasional Friday or Saturday night.

This leads me to PES.. I haven't played the PES series since the Winning Eleven days but would be willing to give it a go. I would absolutely love to try the online league feature. I know it would be different as the controls I hear are different but I imagine everyone would be in the same boat as myself... learning as we go. People always talk about the licensing aspect of PES but you can download squad and kit updates I believe so this wouldn't even be an issue. I've heard that some say the FIFA gameplay is better and I've also heard PES has made a great game this year and it almost rivals FIFA or even surpassed it. If it even comes close to FIFA in the gameplay aspect I think it's worth a shot as it would be so much fun having an Online League with transfers, budgets, champions league, etc..

If we could only find a couple of guys to give PES a try I'd be happy to give it a go. I'm a huge Futbol fan in general and would love to be in a online league with some of you.

Any interest??

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

13. AJ Hart MN

Yeah there is dude.. In that article, it just says that the online wasn't up yet (Oct 1st). It works now I believe. I have a couple of buddies that have the game, I'll ask them about it.

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah so I have some gift cards and Im debating on this or NBA 2k11... Not sure what to do.

15. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

NBA 2k11 is sick. Not sure about PES

16. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I also have extra cash from the holiday, but I am not a basketball fan. If PES is that good, I would consider it for some offline play. I heard you can run an offline Champions League (and I assume others) through it since they have the license.

17. AJ Hart MN

Come on Pa and Randy, let's get PES. I'm 99% sure there are online master leagues. We would all be starting from scratch as I have not played in about 5 years. It would be fun to have an online league, even if it was only 3 of us. Player Transfers, budgets, Champions leagues, seems like a ton of fun.

18. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

If anybody else get this game, I would give it a shot. I would probably trade in all my other games and just play the futbol games then. Sooo AJ put a check by my name.

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Wow, that's pretty bold. Let me take a look on Amazon for pricing.

20. AJ Hart MN

I'm now thoroughly confused as to what the online master league really is. I was trolling through the PES forums and all I could see is that it's basically start a team from scratch and buy players and enter tournaments and such.. I looked for awhile about having a league with friends and didn't really see much. Maybe someone else could take a look. All I did was google PES forums and a bunch of crap popped up.

21. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I am going to pick it up on Amazon for $46.

22. hedache

hedache Walk On

Can you please stop with the PES talk and this online master league crap. You're gonna make me go buy it. I'm getting more tempted everytime I read a post. We'll end up with a bunch of worthless copies of PES at the end of this story. It's been a few years since I played PES. I think I stopped with the release of FIFA09.

23. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I have just rented this about an hour ago and am already hooked on the offline master league. The game play is very different to Fifa in a good way I think as it is more realistic especially where the keepers are concerned. Master league by far beats the Fifa management mode in my opinion as you employ coaching staff n doctors etc etc. Also if you don't watch you finances you can easily go bankrupt lol. You can also configure the buttons so it plays the same as Fifa so nothing to learn on that front. Like I say I have only had it an hour or so but am road testing it for a week and will look into what is possible online ie leagues etc. My first opinion is that I am 90% gonna buy it especially if we get interest from others. I always used to prefer PES over Fifa years ago purely because the bs things we all know Fifa has but all my mates dished it because of the team names etc and the fact it doesn't have Fifa on the cover which are 2 bad reasons in my opinion because:

A: you can edit the team names in about an hour if you really feel the need
    B: Fifa get things wrong in real life also lol.

so I moved over to Fifa to get games and play with them. It is definitely well worth renting just to have a look and see if it delivers. As the week goes on I will keep you updated on my findings as I go.

• Like Like x 1
  24. AJ Hart MN

Nice!! I know Randy loves it also.. After hearing that both of you like it, I will pick it up shortly.

25. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Ok so I have just realised that you can earn game points for games played etc which you can spend to build your own stadium or adapt an existing one as well as buy player packs which gives you 4 random classic players. It also looks like you can buy emblems etc to create your own kit. This looks like a cool feature to me hope its as good as it looks. I have also had a play with the tactics sliders and they make a real difference to how your team plays and player positions etc. Also in master league if you play a player in a position he doesn't like or you don't play him he gets upset and looses confidence etc which shows when he plays and if you keep upsetting him apparently he will request a transfer.