Problems/Solution for the Deuce

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Bondzai, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Drifterbub
    JrRawlins
    Jmustang1968
    jkhaalis991
    JFace907
    I Peench
    bringbackjimmy
    Timpegoose
    PAgamer07

Ok guys, let's figure it out. I feel like we've got 10 strong. Post what it is that makes the league boring/not fun/stale/annoying or whatever it was for you. Why aren't we posting summaries/recruits/scheduling?

Let me know what you think the problem is but also provide a solution or two.

Keep it all constructive, no fucking arguing like a bunch of douches.

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

As folks have said on my behalf, I think once I got fired the first time, my schedule should have been lightened a tad. Granted I do suck at this game, it just makes it harder when you sit and see your 75 rated defense you have zero control over get gutted by a 99 offense. So to summarize, maybe a little more slack on those fired.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

- Like Justin said, the scheduling needs to make more sense. If guys aren't winning games, scheduling brutal OOC games don't help. To add to that, if teams are struggling, the next year, to prevent them from struggling they need to have like D- rated schedules so they can build their job security back up. Schedule makers need to look at the job security of each coach before they make the schedules.

- The advances need to be kept on time, guys need to be smacked around for taking so long and a sense of urgency put in place.

- User games will help with the activity. Especially if recaps are made mandatory for said user games. There are no rivalries right now that I know of, and that's a bad thing. If there are, no one talks about them. Schedule more user games to increase discussion. Nobody gives a shit if you beat Utah or whoever. But they sure as hell care about who is beating the other users.

- the league has to be restarted. Guys with no XP currently have ZERO chance of winning important games without having the recruiting perks. New teams in all new conferences is the only way to successfully do this without losing interest.

- Sliders are only hurting the bad and mediocre players. Not the good players as intended.

- By restarting we should be fixing the XP glitch I would hope. Add some new blood and figure out who is in or out. New blood adds some life to the league.

- With said restart, let guys pick teams they have connection with. Which means lifting the team prestige cap. Guys are still getting 5* players as 3* schools so I dont know what the purpose of the cap is to begin with.

- To sum up... Restart and get guys teams they actually like and care about. Yes this would mean, Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, Etc. As long as guys have teams they like, we KEEP THEM FROM GETTING FIRED and they STILL GAIN XP, they stay interested. Add in two new members to replace Shaun and Lawdog. And finally, keep the pace moving! If guys arent scheduling their games before or as soon as the advance, get on their ass. Finally, if someone is missing too many user games, they need to go. User games are 100X more fun than the CPU. I think all of the above will help things dramatically.

*steps off soapbox*

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Most of those things listed above won't fix things. I think only a couple of guys want to start with powerhouse schools.

I'm doubting I come back for a restart. Not to be a stick in the mud, but I will just lose interest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Here's a crazy, out of this world suggestion. How about I sacrifice my xp and just go to Ohio State next season? :)

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

that's actually not that crazy of an idea....

dump everyone into one conference.... let the guys who have teams from outside the region move their teams to the big ten at the end of the season.... 5 users in each division, 72 hour advances... should spark the rivalries, everyone gets to keep their xp and their recruits......

7. PAgamer07

Who has the xp bug?

8. PAgamer07

Right now I believe it's just khallis. But if Justin leaves the file and comes back as osu he has it too.

I like the idea in theory but those two are fucked in recruiting and game management perks.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I figure being Ohio State would equalize some of that. I promise I won't destroy that program.

10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I really don't want a restart, though I'm amenable to anything really. I love this Northwestern team too much.

11. PAgamer07

Oh yeah that was another problem with schedules after your first and second natties you still didn't play anyone.

12. I Peench

I could've had more difficult games, but mine weren't cake walks. Bama and Oregon this year, Texas and Notre Dame last. It's tough with all the users dropping and such.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Let me jump over to Columbus. I'll show you a test ;)

14. I Peench

That was my suggestion when you first got fired

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Meh, i thought i could get promoted then. Now i'm more realistic

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So I mentioned this to PA, but how crazy would it be for us to play this game how it used to be played?

What do I mean? Everyone quits and rejoins the file and no one has XP and we can keep our teams for those that want to keep em. Now the CPU will have the advantage on us in the recruiting game, but seriously, when has anyone ever said that in an OD before?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

As far as restarts go, I'm not against it but I also don't mind continuing.

Justin's point about everyone retiring and coming back isn't a half bad idea. That way we all are on a level XP playing field.

18. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Like JFace idea.....let's do that.

19. I Peench

I prefer Justin's idea.

The more I think about it, the more I think a restart could really put a damper my interest.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Would love to get some feelings out of guys like Timpegoose and Drifterbub and anyone else who wasn't feeling a restart. They'd still have that attachment to their recruits as they'd keep their team. Just the XP would be gone.

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I think we should try to test JJ's idea and make SURE it works. But that could be a great option IMO.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I can create a test file when I get home if we wanted to try this tonight.

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The Deuce
    Fuck you guys.

when i said to do what justin suggested it was Shut up bbj with your stupid ass ideas. JFace907 says it and its what a fucking great idea..

• Like Like x 1
  24. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

[​IMG]

25. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

So what we are we doing? I have a test file ready to go if we want to do some testing of the "drop/rejoin" idea. Either way, i would like to at least see us on a path to the future.