Profile of your Team MVP

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Who's your team MVP for the 2016 Season?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]

Brad "The Giant" Daugherty
    SOPH Middle Linebacker - 6'7" 234 lbs, - Wheaton, IL
    86 OVR, 85 SPD, 75 STR, 78 AGI, 99 ACC, 77 JMP, 76 TAK, 86 POW, 93 BSH, 92 PUR, 86 PRC

STATISTICS (number/national rank)

Total Tackles: 108 (T 3rd)
    Solo Tackles: 63 (1st)
    Tackles for Loss: 31 (T 1st)
    Sacks: 9.0 (25th)
    Interceptions: 1
    Forced Fumbles: 8 (1st)
    Fumble Recoveries: 2 (T 20th)

To put it simply, Daugherty has been a monster in the 2016 season as a Sophomore. We had two legitimate team MVP candidates as CB Matt Morris has had an incredible season with 10 INT and 6 defensive touchdowns (1st in the nation). However, much of his production including all but one of those touchdowns have come in blowouts. Daugherty was similar last year as he led the nation in tackles, but wasn't that great in user games. This year however, he has produced in user games as well. That has made him all the more dangerous for us. He has actually missed the equivalent of a game and a half with injuries but nonetheless has been the best player on the squad this year.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

For the Utes, it would have to be WR Deangelo Vickers. He may not ever have an elite OVR rating, but he has good numbers in the right spots. (Ill try to get a pic of him)

6'6 193lb
    (RS)Junior
    82OVR, 93SPD, 90ACC, 84AGI, 84CTH, 84RTE RUN

Vickers was a project player the coaching staff brought in to see what they could get out of him. They didnt expect much, but they saw a lanky Randy Moss type player that could end up dominating the Pac-12 if he really put his mind to it. He always had the frame and decent top-end speed, but lacked ball-skills and polish. In his 4th year with the program, Vickers has really come into his own and established himself as the Utes vertical pass-catching threat. He is tough for most CBs to handle off the line, and his size/hands combo make up for his lack of 'hops' during jump ball situations. He is still not a finished product though, and he has a lot left to accomplish in the college ranks. If Vickers returns for a 5th year, he and QB Morvin Robbins should continue to make big plays in the passing game and make a run at some records.

54REC 1299yd 18TD (Long of 91yd)
    Updated for Bowl Stats

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Me

Because without me Tennessee would've been 6-6 at best.

• Like Like x 2
  5. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I guess the MVP is QB Keith "white chocolate" Thompson

His passing numbers are stellar but we had an extremely young and inexperienced WR group. Granted his numbers may have been a little better if we had played 12 games this season and he spent the majority of one game on the bench due to pussitis.

Passing
    100-168
    1626 yards
    11 TDs
    9 Ints
    Only sacked 12 times this season

Rushing
    92 carries
    569 yards
    6.1 yards per carry
    4 TDs

We are hoping he comes back for a senior season. The WR group will be better and hopefully we won't be plagued with injuries. When our top 2 HBs went out for extended time we had to lean heavily on this kid and he found a way to carry us to some victories.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Tate Ostrander - DT
    Senior
    6'3" 287 lbs
    96 OVR, 79 SPD, 91 STR, 85 ACC, 94 PMV, 99 FMV, 92 BSH, 92 POW, 99 PUR

19.5 Sacks, 27 TFL, 3 FF

Ostrander was the anchor of the Stanford defense that wreaked havoc all season. Ostrander really opened things up for the rest of the D-line that produced 2 other double digit sackers. Ostrander was in the QB's grill very often causing the QB to make bad throws. He was originally a DE when Stanford ran the 3-4 defense. A shift to 4-3 as well as a huge hole at DT led to a position change and he had his best season overall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nebraska's team really had tons of support from all the guys that played this year.

Of course Jeff Lindsey was great early on but turned it on in the biggest games, only coughing up the ball once in the last 3 user games...he was HUGE. He's a shade under 4000 yards with 41TD's.

20 of them have gone to WR Dustin Herron, who has been a BEAST. 2 time Bilenikoff winner will surely be trying to go pro. He's had guys like David young, Erik Morris and Dennis Scott around him who are equally talented.

The defense has been solid from the improved CB play from the secondary to the LB group of Irby, Rhodes and McCauley just doing work. The whole defensive line averaged around 8 sacks as a group.

So who's our MVP.

RB Maurice Bryant.

Bryant I picked up years back as a 3-star RB who I felt wouldn't amount to much of a great player for us. He had decent speed but did have good size and strength. We came into this season with a void at RB. Justin Howell was slated to start for us but he's more of a converted WR who has some solid ball carrier vision. Bryant improvement was ten-fold and we saw he had the speed and strength to withstand the long season. He started and gave us the threat of someone back there who can hurt you on the ground. We felt teams couldn't just try to play coverage in that they had to keep close eye on Bryant. Not to mention, he showed nice hands out of the backfield. Bryant had 1025yds rushing with 15TD's and added 4 more receiving. His two fumbled showed he was sure handed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Lol at white chocolate

• Like Like x 1
  9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

God, Michigan has just sucked and may have to bring in another OC this next season. I really dont have a MVP but I guess that DT SR Antwan Cotton who has 26 tackles, 18 tfl and 11 sacks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Maurice West - Senior HB - 6'1 253
    OVR 99, SPD 93, ACC 97, BTK 99, TRK 98

2016 Stats: 257/1935 29 TDS - Heisman winner

Probably the best HB I have ever had next to John Clay. It was a shame he went down in Week 1 for the season last year as I mainly only used him 1-2 years. He was not happy about his lack of carries in the CCG and the plan to pass with a back up QB. He is very happy to leave Happy Valley and go pro.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 2