Progess = Regression?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by Baron, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Just a quick question: I've been playing a Browns CCM and despite the IRL week 1 performance, actually making progress! So much so that I've actually been able to upgrade my players. But occasionally progressing my players leads to a downgrade in their overall?

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. Occurs both in auto-progress and manual (though not all the time.)

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Did you change your scheme at all?

3. Baron

Nope it's still West Coast (I'd like to change it but so far as I know, you can only change positional definitions like "Red Zone Threat" to "Possession" for WRs individual position, right?)

4. Keller

Right but a change in position scheme would change their overall. The only other thing I could think was if their "production" rating went down for some reason.

5. Baron

I haven't changed any of the individual player schemes either. I was just saying that I didn't think I COULD change overall scheme. But I haven't touched the individual position schemes either.

And my franchise is with the Browns, we're 4-1 averaging 30 points a game. If their production ratings went down, then something is terribly, terribly wrong with the way production is calculated. :p

6. Keller

Any chance you were viewing their ratings in game vs in menus?

I know people have seen some different ratings based on that as well (the thinking is some of the categories are omitted in various areas changing ratings)

7. Baron

Nope, was looking at them in the progress menu. Reloaded the dynasty to make sure.

8. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Maybe by progressing them in certain areas you changed their overall based on what scheme the default is EI. A run stopping DE gets pass rusher upgrades now he's a "balanced" DE or pass rushing DE and no longer fits the scheme .... Interesting though, I'll be keeping my eye on my roster for sure.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Keep a watch on the Production grade. It is dynamic throughout the season.

10. Baron

Ok, but why do I only see the change to their overall via production when I upgrade with progress points? I mean, if production is the driving factor here, shouldn't the fluctuations of the Overall be happening before I input my progress point upgrades?

11. Emmdotfrisk

Because Skills is only a portion of the OVR grade. Production has a high weight on OVR. Its a combination of Intangibles, Durability, Production, Size, and Physical.

12. Baron

I'm not disputing that at all. My question is when is the Overall being calculated? Because say I had Greg Little as a WR at 73 Overall. And then I go into progress players and give him a point in catching and his overall goes down. If that's due to Production, is production NOT being calculated until I progress them?

I guess that's my main question.

13. Emmdotfrisk

Ok I see what you are saying. I am pretty sure it is calculated weekly, but I will look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baron

Yea, sorry for my confusing wording. I'm not opposed to the OVR downgrade because who cares if what the OVR is if the important skills are rising, I just wanted to make sure I knew what was going on.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond and look into this.