Progress

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by RynoAid, Oct 28, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Progress

I've made it up to driver level 10... im running alot of C class stuff with a Saab 9-3x and a Lexus IS350.

Most of my leaderboard times are in the top 10-15% it seems. Got alot of work to do to get some of the numbers down. But not having tuned anything and running with just two basic cars, i think i have some room to improve.

I've made about 250,000.... in race winnings but i've spent it all on upgrades to 3 cars.

I'm building a 09 Dodge Challenger SRT8 for drag racing... right now it's still in A class and running 14.0 flat in the 1/4. I plan on dropping alot more into it to get that down to 10's...

Upgrades are expensive it seems, i can blow 80G's in a heartbeat...

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Do you use manual or auto tranny?

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I blew 80gs on my 1993 Mustang Cobra R....i got it to run a 13.1 in the 1/4 mile. But thats on stock bolognies!

Need to put some slicks on that thing!

Driver level 5-6.......Will put more time in thursday and friday

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

manual tranny.... /nohomo

5. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

I got the the charger,camaro and the GNX out of all the charger is the best but in the mile you will run in like low 24 high and get beat by the SHITTY 1970 nissan datsun 510 that must be glitched or something bc that would never beat my 1100 HP charger

6. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Those are called "Missles" they said to have fixed that since forza 2, but its obvious they are still around. I think they are basically B-class cars with engine mods but stock wheels.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I got the game and I'm currently on level 6 or so.

As usual I'm going with the Japanese cars, and loving how cheap they are yet upgradeable. Old Skylines FTW. They have the R33 in this one which I like a lot. I've got one of those with a sweet Auto Select livery on it (gamer tag: Raudi).. (not a friend of mine he's a guy in the most popular garage out there, Gearbox)... Been racing most of my races with that car.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Once again the game is addictive...but i know when the races start to get long a shit it will start to feel more like grinding......

That's when i take it online.....i just need money!!!!!

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I haven't decided which car to purchase yet. Right now I'm racing through the season with the cars that I win. I just won a 2007 Shelby GT 500 but I'm waiting to see what the first online race is to figure out what to start working on.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Pretty sure I'm level 5. Haven't bought any cars, have used my money hooking up the ones I've won. I've been doing a combo of season and events. The season jumps all over the place, and I'm one of those anal (no homo) people who likes banging out the events in order. So I'm trying to get all the 1st column ones (Asian open, European open, 3 door challenge, etc) done before moving on to the World Class events.

1st car I'm buying will be the Dodge Charger since that's what I drive (although I have an '09 and the one in the game is an '07 I believe). And will buy whatever we need for the 1st race

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

they dont have my car in the game......so sad :(

12. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Im at level 6 right now. Just picked up the Audi S4 and I am in the process of turning it into the Audi RS4.

Im playing on Medium with all assists off, manual transmission and Brake lines.

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

wrong post::: my bad.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think im driver level 6 or 7 after one long night of racing.

I started with the fit and its a beast now lol.

I also got the '99 Honda civic SI and tricked it out to look like my RL car. (96 civic ex - custom gray paint w/ 17" enkei's). I think i spent almost 100,000cr upgrading the civic lol.
    I havent been able to hook it up to live yet, I hope im not too far behind the rest of the world.

Side note: anyone else drive like a maniac after a few hours of Forza? I have been driving like a nut ever since Hellisan posted that video of the BMW. I showed my girlfriend that video and now every time I step on the gas in the car she says "Oh, are you in BMW mode right now?" lol

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Level 14 right now... Starting to pick up some nice cars... Lotus, Lexus, Mustang, Camaro, M5, Cleo..

havn't driven any of them yet, but starting to build a garage to work from. I need to start painting some of them and get them on the auction block.

16. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I've been in love with M5's for years. It will definitely be my next car. Post an update on how that one moves please!

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL nice man! Female (non gamer female) commentary on games is just great.

18. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

im lvl 16 in season 3 right now next car im buying is the ferrari 50gt or whatever its called

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Got my second career Top 5 lap time. Yeah it will be #20 a week from now. But on the track formerly known as King Cobra I'm currently #5. the tune sucks, too, trying to iron out the understeer under throttle. As soon as I fix it I'll be #1/2.

20. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

So how's the game? Haven't picked it up yet just to make sure it wasn't disappointing.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont have it but everytime I log on there are aboutt 12 people on my friends list playing it. Everytime.

22. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

crazy. i'll probably pick it up. one thing i love about this game is it only comes out once every few years so it tends to have a longer shelf life than compared to say Madden.

23. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Yes. Very long shelf life for the game. Another good thing about it, it always seems to stay fresh no matter how many times you've played it. When Forza 4 comes out years down the road, not only will the developer's have a lot of time to add new content, but since Forza 1, they have re-defined the game engine to a better one every time. Most good games usually hit shelves with sequels every 2-3 years because of that reason. Why bring out a crap game every year when you can take your time and develop a great game that drops every 2-3 years.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah and with all that included it doesn't take 8 years for them to build another game like Digital Polyphonies.

I'm not bashing GT it is a great game for what it is, and at one point I thought I would never convert to another game (It's why I didn't wanna buy a 360 back in the day!) But despite that arse Dan Greenwalt these guys really have their shit together and keep putting out very solid games without constantly putting the games back, and back, and back again and again.

25. I'm at lvl 13 right now and mostly running with europeen cars, such as porshe and BMW. The good Mercedes in this game are crazy expensive. And yeah Helli you're putting up ridiculous lap times, everytime I finnish a race I check the friends leaderboard and always find you somewhere in the 500's, sometimes higher.

Here's a few pictures of my favorite rides in my garage (all these designs were bought)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]