Progressing players

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by thafuture3886, Oct 16, 2013.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Does anybody else feel like it's A LOT easier to progress players this year as opposed to last year? I've had guys progressed 9 to 10 points overall already in the season and it's not even over yet. I don't know if it's due to the fact that progression points seem cheaper or if players earn more XP each game. Thoughts????

2. heathh

heathh Walk On

What system did you play in last year? Created Coach or Existing Coach?

I played in a league where we all had create a new coach which really hurt how players progressed. Seemed really slow.

Now with us using real coaches it does seem much easier to me! My 2 ypung CBs Slay and Greenwood were 71ovr and 65ovr to start. Now I have them both at 85 Ovr!

• Like Like x 1
  3. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

FYI guys - they don't stay this way. The majority of the changes you make on guys during the season don't stick. Next year they progress at their progression rate due to age and level (Superstar, Quick etc etc).

For instance my FS Patrick Chung is up to a 90 ovl from a 83ovl. Come offseason he drops back down depending on his progression.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

We were on coach last year

Good to know..thanks! (y)

5. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Josh Looman said it was designed like this to reflect how players are playing in season - and that it basically resets after to mirror that every year is a new year.

• Like Like x 3
  6. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If Geno went fro 74 to 82 by playing only 4 games and throwing 5 TDs, I'd hate to see what a good year will do for him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

So what your trying to say is that if a player started with your team for example at a 72ovr and at the end of the season he is an 85ovr, that next season he will go back down to a 72ovr???

And I actually think that some things are far more expensive this Madden than last years Curtis, like for CB's or Safetys Man and Zone coverage are expensive as fuck even if they are only at a 60-70's. Same for a QB, his throwing accuracy's. Even if they are at 60's for let say deep ball accuracy, to start progressing that its expensive they start at 1000 xp's. Crazy. Thats just my experience so far...

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

God I hope not. How pointless would that be?!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

My thoughts exactly :eek:

10. thafuture3886

Those are always gonna be expensive as they should but most other ratings seem fairly cheap

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

What do you guys pump your XP into?

12. thafuture3886

I put a lot of my stuff into awr and prc for defensive guys (i hate retarded defenders). Offense is position specific

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  13. heathh

heathh Walk On

Same here! Awr is the biggest for Ovr gain. So I've noticed. And will help late in games.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

For low ovr guys I put it in AWR and PRC wether on defensive or offensive side. And on offensive I also use it on specifics like Curtis said. For high ovr players since they already have all the goodies, I save it up to get some Big Hitter traits, or Stay inbounds trait or some of the other ones like that.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

That's because your guys are winning:D....I have regressed many players, so I know that the system works this year :confused:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

I have been doing alot of spending the 5000 for more consistency for many of my players... and awareness......other players are in a specific area

Some of my point distribution:
    WR's - Catching, CIT, route running
    TE - Run block, catching, route running
    OL - Pass block, run block, impact
    DL - block shed, play recog.
    CB's - man cov., zone cov., play recog.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

So basically if you have a 72ovl player it depends on his age. A young kid with Normal progression after having a good year will come in rated higher after the season like 76 for instance. If he ends the season at lets say a 85ovl - he will progress but not come in at 85ovl. 85ovl during the season reflects the practice youve put in and each season that resets.

If you have an older guy (like a 30yr old RB) youll notice how expensive each category is for him. He will also begin to regress.

Does that make sense?

• Like Like x 2
  18. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Ok I get it, can anyone tell me were I can find what kind of progression a player has?

19. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

When you go into the progress player mode scroll down and u can see what that player is currently at and cost to move up to next Dev

If no upgrade is available he is already at suprstar

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeremy

This brought up a question to me,

With practice XP being a huge chunk of a players season XP I would expect players to not really gain much XP during the sim season unless the cpu sims the practices and players would actually get some XP. Anybody know if this is the case?

21. thafuture3886

Unsure if the cpu sims the practices during the sim season but i've had guys get 20-30k in xp during the sim season but they had great years

22. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Players gain XP over the simulated season based on goals and performance. The XP is cumulative, so we can apply the XP ourselves once we have reached the off-season.

23. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

There are no sims of practice I wish there was...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jeremy

Right, but we do miss out on the 16practices x 2000xp(possibly) = 32,000 XP per player.

Not complaining just wanting to understand how XP for practices work in a Simmed Season.

25. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Understood. There is no XP for practices in a simmed season. The players will progress/regress based on the usual... age, performance, development. Any XP each player receives in addition to their progression/regression during a sim season, if any, will be based on their performance and goals.

• Like Like x 2