Progression in NCAA 13

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by majesty95, Jun 26, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I thought I previously saw a thread like this but I could not find it. I apologize if I overlooked it.

I am working on my roster update and have some questions about progression. I would like some feedback from any of the staff that got to test this out if possible.

Is the average improvement for a player through the course of a season still about 4 points overall?

The reason I ask is that EA has Jonathan Gray as a 79 OVR as a freshman. With the previous progression system, a 79 OVR player would only be able to get to about a 91 OVR as a rJR or a true senior. That seems low for the #5-13 overall recruit.

Also, they have Dorial Green-Beckham at 82 OVR. Again, with the previous progression he would hit about 94 OVR as a rJr or as a true senior. Seems a litle more realsitic than Gray since DGB is #1-3 overall, but still leaves him little possibility to leave as a rSo or true junior.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Overall is overrated ;)

Sorry I can't be more help, but the main attributes for each position are much more important

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    To my knowledge the progression system wasn't tinkered with too much. Unfortunately.

However, we have discussed this with the devs and it's a popular idea on the gamechangers ideas site.

4. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

It was used and an example but it is a good indicator of how the position specific attributes have improved. Plus, when making rosters, it is the easiest way to rank players and your best guide when making adjustments. Also, the new draft at the end of the season will play a role in how you recruit. I'm pretty sure that's going to be almost entirely based off of overall (although I hope they account for small position players like Denard Robinson and Tyrann Mathieu). If the progression hasn't changed, then I'm off to a good start with a roster set. I'll just need to test the draft to see what kind of players it favors.