Progression

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Nov 2, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Is there anyone who can check to see what OVR Kevin Kolb progressed to? I won't be home until late tonight and if he somehow moved to an 80+, it will greatly impact my off-season resignings...

Thanks in advance!

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Kolb is 78ovr Derek. You're in the clear! ;)

3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Thanks! Good news for me... :)

4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

sooo, umm is anyone else a little dissapointed in how your players progressed or regressed? my LT Stud mccniel regressed bigtime A potential 5 years in the league. Castillo regressed only 6 years in with A potential and was high in sack total and was a force on the line, and this one isnt a huge shock(its the reason we wait for official progressions imo) Quentin jammer in all my sims actually got a tad better to go to about a 88 ovr, well in our online Franny he regressed to an 83 with A potential. hell i know my D blew, but i didnt think i was that bad that good players go to SD to die......

Im not upset, just a vent. its all good

5. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I completely agree. Absolutely ridiculous this year imo. How do players with outstanding season regress like Wilfork and Butler... frustrated as hell.

6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

The sad thing is I don't think how they actually play matters, i think it's just what EA has programmed or whatever. I agree it's retarded cuz players don't get rewarded for having good seasons.

7. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Yup same as my RE Dockett, top 10 in sack leaders and he goes down a point in ovr....WTF. EA blows big time...

8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I don't know how it works for sure, but I definitely think performance (or at least playing time) has an effect. Colt McCoy didn't progress in any SIM I saw or set up, yet in our league he progressed +5 points because he was my starter all last season. But obviously it doesn't seem to be consistent, with some players that aren't all that old and had good seasons regressing. Just weird, but I guess the unpredictability makes it more realistic in a way.

9. CHUNKNESS

You are correct. Playing time (or bench time depending on how you look at it) does not have any bearing on progression/regression. It is all pre-determined by EA. BRILLIANT! ;)

10. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Not if they had a great year lol.

11. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

But that's just what I pointed out in my post. It's not predetermined. Not in every player's case. I have two test franchises and now the real deal, there are certain players that progressed/regressed the same regardless and some that varied (like Colt McCoy as I mentioned). In some cases I have seen progression AND regression from the same player in different franchises.

Hey, there have been instances of players having a great year and then just stinking it up the next, and it's not always age related. See: Anderson, Derek. LoL

12. CHUNKNESS

very good point

13. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Yeah thanks to EA my starting MLB Tulloch is now a 75 :( All the sims put him to an 80. My offensive line all went down a few points eventhough I ran for 2000 yards last season. Its frustrating to say the least