Proposal: CPU Trade Bills and Vikings

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Keller, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Bills would like to make a move to get 2 picks in the top 10, if possible. I realize the magnitude of this trade and am willing to pay top price for a marquee pick.

My proposal:

DE/DT Marcell Dareus
    DT Kyle Williams
    LOLB Clint Ingram (they need an LOLB badly and Ingram fits their scheme)

For

Minnesota 1st

My thought process:
    Dareus is obviously the key item here. It gives Minnesota some flexibility to play him at DT or at DE, they need both. Jared Allen turns 31 and Kevin Williams turns 33. Dareus can start at the other end spot in the meantime and Kyle Williams can play the other DT spot. Dareus is worthy of this pick alone but as we have also said, trades have to heavily favor the CPU. The CPU will be getting potentially 3 starters (if Ingram can win the job at LOLB.)

I'm trying to go with a youth movement and the only way I can do that is if I'm picking high in the draft. Dareus is a great piece to be giving up but I feel like its necessary if I'm getting a potential top 10 pick back in return.

Trade committe:
    Emmdotfrisk
    Shaun Mason
    BobJr
    Jmustang1968

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I assume this is for the off-season?

Minnesota wont want 2 DTs while they still have Williams. The playing at DE is a moot point because the cpu will never play him at DE. I dont understand why you would want to move your young DT Dareus in effort to get youth...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Keller

Dareus can play in any scheme - he will play DE over an aging Brian Robinson, guaranteed.

Dareus is listed as a DE, afterall.

Dareus is the only marquee player I have to move for a top 10 pick.

4. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

You should check out my current Bills roster in HK. Good example of youth and experience.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

What is his in game position? When the cpu auto makes the depth chart, they will put him at his position only. He wouldnt be a good 4-3 DE for Minnesota.

The value is there, but I dont see why you want to get rid of one of your young players. You are essentially purging your dline

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Dareus is a DE. But he is a 3-4 DE, and not a good edge rusher. Does not have the speed.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

lol, nice sig mike

• Like Like x 1
  8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Bringin sexy back. Have to remember the good old days, especially since Marcus Coker is now another Iowa RB fatality.

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Well I will give my thoughts.

I am not sure Minnesota would want to take on the cap from those two DLINE players. Trading youth for picks doesn't really make much sense either, but I understand the predicament that you don't have much value for top half picks.

10. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

My thoughts - you are minimizing our chances of filling the Minnesota slot by trading away their #1 pick...

11. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

The Vikings are very old on this game, and need all the help they can get via the draft.

12. Keller

I have a young DT to replace Kyle Williams, who is still a good player and can play next to an even older Kevin Williams.

While I agree Dareus isn't a great 4-3 end, he can play anywhere. He can slide inside or can play outside and squeeze the edge. He's not a speed rusher by any means but he is fast enough to get to the QB and with his PWR/BKSH he is fine on one side of your defense. So once both of the Williams are gone, he can slide inside. Thats my thinking at least.

I'm also giving them a linebacker whos a potential starter (depending on progression regression) so I think thats at least worth mentioning.

As far as the Vikings being old, they're getting a 22yr old DE stud in this trade, so I don't see that argument as valid really.

As far as salary cap goes, Williams and Dareus have more than manageable cap numbers for their talent level. Dareus makes 5mil/yr I think and Williams makes 3.5 or something like that. I would be willing to eat a bad contract from Minnesota as well, if that would appease the trade committee.

As far as this hurting the chances of us getting a Vikings owner - I don't disagree with you on principle but we don't really add people all that often.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If you are going for youth why are you giving up good youth? Seem like no net gain and just treading water, or are yu trying to get a fast skill positon. Also note, the cpu will never move him inside, only users can

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I am going to be honest here. Trading with the CPU is shitty, we have been doing it in HK and I hate it. Next release I want to move to no trading with CPU because it eliminates situations like this one. Not saying you are doing anything wrong, I am just saying it general.

To me I just can't see the Vikings sinking 8.5-10 mil in players, when they would want to build through the draft, and a top 10 player is like gold.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Keller

I already have a fast WR. I need talent - I just don't firmly believe I need it at DE. I feel like I can get away with a decent DE and better players elsewhere - thats just the decision I've made. As I said, Dareus is the only marquee player I have that would allow me to get a pick this high in the draft.

As far as cap space, again these guys are not making some inordinate amount.

Regardless, if both of you guys decline this (which I still maintain is more than fair talent wise for a top 10 pick) then this is dead.

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Talent and value is there, it just doesnt make sense

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't think you should be allowed to draft rape computer teams, denied.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Keller

We have allowed CPU trades for quite sometime, though they are quite rare. I have no beef with this trade getting denied, but I do expect you to seriously evaluate other trades with the CPU if they arise - even if they are for a high draft pick.

I'm not sure I understand why this would be called draft raping, the CPU is getting ample talent in return - but oh well.

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You are trying to Yankeery your team

20. Keller

Not quite.

Just trying to get 2 picks in the top 10. I need impact players.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1) Don't tell me what you expect me to do.
    2) I evaluated that trade the same as I would for anyone, I don't think it is acceptable for a CPU team that has no building plan.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We dont trade draft picks with the CPU

• Like Like x 1
  23. Keller

If I can't expect you to evaluate CPU trades, then what good would you be on a trade committee?

24. Keller

We hadn't in the past - only by necessity. Now that we have the ability to, its off limits. It doesn't change how we approach CPU trades though.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I did evaluate it, hence the decline.

• Like Like x 1