PROPOSAL FOR A NEW PS3 DYNASTY!!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Emmdotfrisk, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

PROPOSAL FOR A NEW PS3 DYNASTY!!

TF: Small Fish, Big Pond
    *PS3 Dynasty

Tradition and Coaching doesn't go un-rewarded. Like Nevada, Marshall, and the most recent Western Kentucky, your school has received a bid to jump from Division 1-AA to 1-A. Can you coach a team to a Mid-Major Conference Championship and even a BCS Bowl Bid? If you think you have what it takes, grab your clipboard, scouting reports, and patience because its going to be a long road.

12 Teams Receving 1-A Bids
    Column 1
    Sun Belt - Appalachian St.
    Sun Belt - Georgia Southern (bcduggan)
    Big East - Villanova
    Big East - New Hampshire
    MAC - Northern Iowa (Emmdotfrisk)
    MAC - Southern Illinois
    CUSA - Youngstown St.
    CUSA - Richmond
    WAC - Portland St. (lee.flex)
    WAC - E. Washington
    MWC - Montana
    MWC - North Dakota

Column 1
    Field 1 Field 2
    Difficulty Heisman
    Quarters 6 Min
    Rosters Luvtotha9s
    Adv. Sched M-W-F 12am (Midnight)

SLIDERS
    Offense Human CPU
    QB Accuracy 10 10
    Pass Blocking 50 50
    WR Catching 50 50
    RB Ability 45 50
    Run Blocking 50 100

Defense Human CPU
    Pass Coverage 50 50
    Pass Rush 55 40
    Interceptions 15 15
    Rush Defense 20 100
    Tackling 50 75

Special Teams Human CPU
    FG Power 20 25
    FG Accuracy 10 40
    Punt Power 25 55
    Punt Accuracy 10 100
    Kickoff Power 55 55

Penalties
    Holding 55
    Clipping 55
    Rough. Kicker 55
    Facemask 55
    Rough Passer 60
    Everything Else 100

POS Notes
    QB No Restrictions
    RB No Restrictions
    FB Restrictions
    Speed Restriction < 90
    WR No Restrictions
    TE Restrictions
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OL No Restrictions
    DT Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 250 lbs
    DE Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB No Restrictions

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

* is > 95 OVR

* is a JR that has won the Heisman
    * is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules. So underclassmen that are 90+ and have won an award.
    C = number of walk-ons on your team. Walk-ons may be cut at any time.
    D = Three additional scholarships to provide a cushion.
    E = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D + E = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we would support something like this if you got it full.... oh and thanks for the PM... im glad your liking it so far.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Now there lies the challenge. It was brought to my attention that 12 users would be quite difficult....worth a try though

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

We had a teambuilder PS3 league that didn't stand tall. Might be able to get some of the users who were in that league to get involved for this one. Give you some to get started and find others who would be.

5. Emmdotfrisk

At this point member are the most important thing, if you could mention the thread to them that would be great. At this point all the semantics are put into place. It doesn't seem to generate as much buzz as other Dynasties. Maybe that will change. Only time will tell...

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Emmdotfrisk,

you mentioned it to me and I am interested.

7. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

the otherone failed because it was silly only me and another user had fcs teams the rest really were silly wwf booklyn thieves not dissin those teams but those teams beating real ones killed it. also the roster restriction were not enforced some teams had crazy high rated rosters with 99 spee qbs. in the right hands this could develope as i love the idea

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, I believe if you have the right guidelines and restrictions...and the flash...the bells and whistles to make it interesting....you should be alright. I'd love to put a non FBS team together....just don't have the space...I'm in 4 ODs here already and they really don't want us going over 4...

9. Emmdotfrisk

Well my vision for this league is to replace a sub par conference, such as the sun belt with 11/12 FCS teams if we can get 5/6 members. If we can get 12 members to replace conference USA or MAC ( 6 teams) and Sun Belt (6 teams). Now when it comes to teams everyone will only be able to choose FCS teams created by "breakinfools" (PSN). He has tried to make the teams as accurate as possible and I have looked through them for any outliers but I will do so again before starting the league. That will take care of all of the roster restrictions as the members won't be creating a team but simply using a FCS team previously created. The concept is somewhat of a long shot for a new member such as myself but I am no stranger to the game or college football.

If you or anybody has any suggestions on how to make this happen I am all ears. I just want to get a group of guys that love the game as much as myself....even down to the most brutal team, the Indiana State Sycamores who havent a game in 3 years...

10. Emmdotfrisk

That's my full intent, to put together something that will attract users, keep users sticking around, and attract other users to join. Its tough but I am not giving up so easily

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I am interested. Portland State Vikings represent!!

On thought - if you can get between 8-12 current, active TF members, this league should be fine.

12. Emmdotfrisk

I appreciate everyone's input and posts. The first step in getting this dynasty going will to find enough guys interested. I am inserting a list of "interested TF members" section on the proposal post. If you are interested please let me know. If there is a specific team you would like and it has not been created by "breakinfools" (PSN) I will work with him to get it created accurately (your input is greatly considered). Thanks guys, I will updating this forum often

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

To get members, I suggest you first post around here on TF. Not everyone looks at the Locker Room so if you talk to Hack he may be able to put a thread in each ODs forum to get the attention out there. OperationSports is of course a good place to find members if not enough get attracted here.

14. Emmdotfrisk

Thanks for the advice. I put up a thread on Operation Sports but have only heard from one member.

15. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

As I said in PM man, gonna be tough, but the real issue is going with all created teams, you're pretty much going to have to get everything together in the beginning and make sure you have guys that are going to stick with it (the one minor issue currently being experienced in TF: The Creation).

I definitely think in this instance, you might be better off to just shoot for 8-10 players and have it spread evenly between two conferences.

User vs user games can REALLY bog down a new dynasty until you know for sure your guys all have the time to be able to handle that type of endeavor.

Either way man, good luck with this. As for the Operation Sports guys, I'm actually surprised that CDJ didn't jump in on this. This stuff is his type of thing. May try PMin' him as getting him aboard would be HUGE.

16. Emmdotfrisk

I agree totally, I pretty much have everything set up. I will treat it as any of the other dynasties....the only difference being FCS teams rather than FBS controlled by users. The teams that they will be able to choose from are already created but if there is a special request I might be able to work something out. I wanted to limit each conference to a max of 4 user teams whether that be 3 conf with 4 or 2 with 4 we shall see.

17. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I say, start with what you got. It does not have to be full to begin. Just a good, fun league with a great idea will work. Once you get started, more players will come. Start off each team with about 2 user games in a year.... then once season 2 hits and everyone has caught the groove of the league, expand it. I really think it would be a good idea to get a team builder Dynasty up and running for the PS3 guys.

18. Emmdotfrisk

alright guys I updated the dynasty details. here it is. Post your PSN and team if you want in. Thanks, Frisk

TF: Small Fish, Big Pond

*PS3 Dynasty

Tradition and Coaching doesn't go un-rewarded. Like Nevada, Marshall, and the most recent Western Kentucky, your school has received a bid to jump from Division 1-AA to 1-A. Can you coach a team to a Mid-Major Conference Championship and even a BCS Bowl Bid? If you think you have what it takes, grab your clipboard, scouting reports, and patience because its going to be a long road.

12 Teams Receving 1-A Bids
    Sun Belt - Appalachian St.
    Sun Belt - Georgia Southern (bamaboiking)
    Big East - Villanova
    Big East - New Hampshire (jsap3)
    MAC - Northern Iowa (Emmdotfrisk/Emmdotfrisk)
    MAC - Southern Illinois (Spanky2325)
    CUSA - Youngstown St.
    CUSA - Richmond
    WAC - Portland St. (lee.flex/Drausus)
    WAC - E. Washington
    MWC - Montana
    MWC - North Dakota (bcduggan/buffbullfan)

Field 1 Field 2
    Difficulty Heisman
    Quarters 6 Min
    Rosters Luvtotha9s
    Adv. Sched M-W-F 12am (Midnight) **SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

SLIDERS
    Offense Human CPU
    QB Accuracy 10 10
    Pass Blocking 50 50
    WR Catching 50 50
    RB Ability 45 50
    Run Blocking 50 100

Defense Human CPU
    Pass Coverage 50 50
    Pass Rush 55 40
    Interceptions 15 15
    Rush Defense 20 100
    Tackling 50 75

Special Teams Human CPU
    FG Power 20 25
    FG Accuracy 10 40
    Punt Power 25 55
    Punt Accuracy 10 100
    Kickoff Power 55 55

Penalties
    Holding 55
    Clipping 55
    Rough. Kicker 55
    Facemask 55
    Rough Passer 60
    Everything Else 100

POS Notes
    QB No Restrictions
    RB No Restrictions
    FB Restrictions
    Speed Restriction < 90
    WR No Restrictions
    TE Restrictions
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OL No Restrictions
    DT Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 250 lbs
    DE Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 225 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 90
    OLB Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 210 lbs
    Speed Restriction < 92
    MLB Restrictions
    Weight restriction > 215 lbs
    Speed restriction < 92
    DB No Restrictions

Players leaving
    A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

* is > 95 OVR

* is a JR that has won the Heisman
    * is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules. So underclassmen that are 90+ and have won an award.
    C = number of walk-ons on your team. Walk-ons may be cut at any time.
    D = Three additional scholarships to provide a cushion.
    E = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D + E = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

19. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

2 more to make 8. Looks like this might get off the ground after all. Portland State Vik's all the way!!!

20. Emmdotfrisk

looking for members

bump...bump

21. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Ill take Youngstown st. It willl have to go to illini79 psn tag though as ndcolts1979 is full