Proposal for User/CPU Games

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Blackattack87, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

I wanted to run something by the group regarding User games vs CPU. There are some instances where Team A is available to play the first night of a week advance but Team B can't. The next night Team A can't but Team B can, and what inevitably happens is Team B says hey we gotta get the game in, and Team A is forced to go on auto for a for sure loss. I propose that if a common time can not be reached between the two teams that the game is "simmed". This way seems way more fair letting the computer attributes and sim decide instead of someone dropping 50 on your cpu squad.

Furthermore, I'm all for swift play and season advancement, so I wasnt too concerned with the 24 to 36 hr advances we started seeing a few times. But Third and myself work 48hr shifts and a few times it landed perfectly to where I took several losses because I was at work, effectively killing hope of a successful season when ur saddled with auto cpu losses like that. As I stated earlier, I am all for speedy play. I just ask that if we do continue to do quicker than 48 hr advances and or we are caught at work and its impossible to play, a legit reason, not like, "I gotta hang out with my chick" excuse, that these games be simmed instead of User v Cpu. We have a unique work schedule that makes it tough......just some thoughts....Thanks for taking the time to read.......Black:)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    interesting...this is a good solid post

• Like Like x 1
  3. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

makes sense if that is the case..although not always the case. I would say if that's the case then that would be the best option. Have to consider if Player A can't play either days then B should be able to play cpu or however it may work that one player was there both days and other wasn't.

4. Blackattack87

Bouncer i agree, on the both days thing if its something arbitrary or voluntary reason why they cant go, like its late im tired, or im going out to dinner. Then play the cpu. But when the guy cant play both days cuz he is at work for 48hrs str8 its impossible to play. Then maybe a lil leeway can be thrown in. Just sucks to take so many losses that way. It wouldn't happen to an opposing team more than once a season possibly twice on a rare occasion. But when ur on the other end the losses pile up.

5. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Could always place a cap on games vs. cpu. Party who satisfied rules re: scheduling chooses sim or cpu, but you can only cpu three times. Might risk a sim to save a cpu game. And recerse, ay team who has been in three games as the offender against whom a sim was elected has to suffer a cpu games regardless of whether the other team is out of peremptory cpu games.

6. thebouncer24

this whole thing is going to be hit or miss with the league. I see where you are wanting the sim's and I can see it making sense. At the same time it's really putting it out of the hands of someone that is around and able to play. Best way I can explain is through examples

48 hour advance: Team A is around day 1, Team B is not. Flip it for day 2 and I would agree with a sim seeing as both teams were around equally

48 hour advance: Team A is not around either day (with or without warning) Team B should be able to play cpu

48 hour advance: Team A works 48 straight hours, Team B around. Not real sure to think here this is where I can see some people disagreeing. I understand why Team A is not around, also is it fair to Team B who was around to watch a sim? Again not trying to put your situation down just not real sure how I feel.

24 hour advance: Team A is around and Team B is not. I think A should get to play cpu, as long as you have tried to contact and/or have contacted to find out they were not around

really the only situation for 24 hour I can think of.

Again, as stated above, I am not trying to put you and your situation down. Please do bring some feedback along with other league members. We need more input, this is an interesting topic

7. Blackattack87

Like i said tho. This might happen to you maybe once in a whole season. That u would have to sim a game rather than beat up on the cpu, if the guy was at work for 2 days str8. If thats too much to ask then ok. I mean if its truly a sim league this shouldn't be a problem if it's once a year imo. Doesn't seem too outlandish to ask for that courtesy. Unless there are win at all cost players.. Which there could be. I would like to see some of these games we play against the cpu and see how many people truly are sim with our strict rules in these games behind closed doors when no one is looking. Some guys have trouble being sim when they play other users, i can imagine that these cpu games could get a lil cheesy lol. The cpu gets clubbed routinely. If its too much to ask i get it, just was trying to find away to not have guaranteed 6 losses a yr due to the work schedule. If guys don't like the idea thats fine too. I can live with it. No worries. I suggested making the cpu games tougher but was told it would screw up the user v user games so thats out. If it stays at 48 hours it might not even be a big issue . Just if it gets quicker than that, it can become problematic... But at least the other idea that if both teams are able to play at some point but cant agree then a sim should take place

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. thebouncer24

no I completely see where you are coming from. Different people will probably feel different about it as a league. Personally I'd let it go to sim because it's nothing you can control, it's your job and it calls for 48 hours. I mean I'm not big for playing the cpu anyways so I would lean towards sim, wouldn't be a problem. Still would like to hear other peoples POV

9. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Could we get a committee? Like, say, 3 people get together after hearing both sides and make a decision if it should be simmed or not? BobJr

My take.. I believe.. Regardless if "Team B" is around both days, if it is something "Team A" can not control, like work for instance, it should always go to a sim.

• Like Like x 1
  10. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I'm for simming games if the game cannot be scheduled. The only time I would like to see a human play the CPU is if one guy cannot be available at all or is on suspension. Otherwise sim is the answer IMO.

• Like Like x 2