Proposed changes for S2

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Twister18, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

1. I think we need to wait to see how the patch works before we mess with the sliders.

2. Recruiting restrictions: Since the CPU isn't very competitive even on heisman, I think we ought to go back to the # of seniors leaving + 1 be instituted.

Example: 14 seniors + 1 = 15 players signed. You can also cut walkons but they need to be listed before the offseason.

3. I think that with the new promise system that we should still be allowed to sway our players back.

Any input will be welcomed as long as its constructive and everyone is civil.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I still think the 95+ rule if not the 90+ rule for not swaying players back. It is very rare that you have elite college players not leave early for the draft. It also helps control stat padding.

If not Deanthony Thomas will run for 3,000yds next season :p

3. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I say no first rounders should be swayed maybe even 2nd rounders. Im in year 3 in another dynasty and the 1st and 2nd rounders that try to leave are usually over 90 any way, but its not just their rating. You will have 90 and above players try and go into the draft, but be projected round 3-5.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I say just the players over 90 or 95 should be the only ones we can't sway to stay regardless of projected draft round. Sometimes the simulated draft projection stuff is a little off.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I still say no recruiting restrictions. There are no "new" recruits to get in the offseason so you're not able to make up for guys you lose to leaving early or transfers.

6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Whats an example of where you have seen it "off" its been pretty fair and legit, so far in my other dynasty. Just wondering.
    And perry they dont add new people, but there are a ton of players left that havent narrowed their list down past 8 or 10 and making up ground on those players is super easy. So you would still be able to sign positions needs. It just might be a 3 star gem or something like that.

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I don't really have an example other than EA's history. I did have them project a 95 overall Tyler Wilson to go in the second round though. I just don't want someone to lose a guy that's 86 overall and wants to go pro and we can't sway him back just because he's projected to be a second rounder

8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

If that happens its rare im guessing and it would probably be because he won an award, but I get what your saying. I have only done 3 offseasons so I dont have alot to pull from yet, but the lowest ive seen go round 1 or 2 is a 92 overall player. I have seen some higher rated players go 4th or 5th though.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Who the hell is good enough to leave Maryland early :confused:

10. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

I am not a big fan of recruiting restrictions either. I am not saying cut 8 or 10 people every year but it always seems that your roster will be short every season because someone will leave or transfer.

Just my 2 cents

11. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I get what your saying. I took a look at the players leaving and there were no under 90 overall projected to go in the 1st or 2nd. I guess if thats the case and we just make it that we can't talk at 90 overall or better into staying then their is no point in including the projected round. Unless you think we should be able to talk a 90+ overall into staying if they are projected to go outside of the 2nd round.

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I know we are going to wait to make slider adjustments but, lets keep an eye on user picks. Maybe its that we are just bad at taking care of the ball but, man there have been a tone of picks. I think my QB had one of the lowest totals and he had 18! Some people had over 30! It just seems a little high to me. lol

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

That is a valid point. We don't have fall back option if player decides to unexpectedly leave early. My team lost 7 freshmen early this year, if not for over signing a few players this season I would start next year with 63 scholarship players.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

You still don't need that QB

15. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Ok, lets just leave everything like it has been. It will make the offseasons shorter and keep everyone stocked.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He already booked his plane ticket to Columbus for week 1 of offseason ;)

17. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Agree on all counts.