Proposed forum ideas

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

To be honest, Im not too happy with what we have right now. I understand the desire to keep things "clean" but I wanna make it as functional as can be. so these are some ideas to discuss for a good setup

remove scouting reports. - we dont need them, we dont want to do them, we probably wont really use them. Most leagues that have it, hardly use it and some of them use it as team reports

i like the idea of making a fake news subforum. print/web/tv whatever it is. like BCS Chaos Network has or thPride.com. it has a lot going on in that forum, from blogs, to stats/awards and stuff, to betting, and more. We just need a good place to put all the posts we have on our main board. League history can be in here instead of a seperate subforum

I also like the League FAQ subforum with ALL important threads in an organized place for anyone coming to the league page to see

I like game Scheduling on the main boards and game summary in a subforum. But Im not sure if each week should have everyone's summary or each summary should have its own post

we can keep an archive for the scheduling posts to move to after the week or season is completed and any other posts that dont seem to belong

Not sure if a subforum for recruiting is good or not. I think it could fit in the fake website subforum if we did one and I could move my profiles into there. I wouldnt mind blogging about the league if we had a place for it. maybe we can make our own around the horn type thing once a week or PTI discussing some topis daily or sportsnation with polls. some things to make it a funner atmosphere. I have ideas
    also this is a sweet logo site http://teclemson53.webs.com/

Feel free to discuss or debate any of this. it's 3am and I didnt proofread so i just hope it sounds intellegent

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

We can have
    [​IMG]
    and occasionally
    [​IMG]
    and of course
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and on occasion
    [​IMG]
    with a little
    [​IMG]
    or even
    [​IMG]
    and there may be a few others like Report Card that could work

Would have headlines weekly (or daily?) and then do 2 or three of the others during a "show"
    could probably get by with 2 "hosts" for this show. I think I can do it often, and make up images for it but would need a "weekly" or daily "co-host"
    We wouldnt have to only discuss the league. we could branch to the rest of the nation, or real sports/world topics perhaps or maybe other leagues or whatever can keep things interesting. I think we can do a daily "show" and I would love to get it formatted ASAP. if we do it involcing more then just the league, we may get other people reading it daily and it would expand awareness of our league and make our league better. it would also give our league members a reason to check in daily.

LMK, i'm loving this idea now!

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Before you get too far ahead of yourself...if you plan on adding sub forums for content separation, it isn't going to happen. You can use stickies to do the same thing.

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Could we, potentially, change the scouting reports subforum to another name?

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yep

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yep, post your request in the Commish Forum-> Request Sub Forum.

7. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Alright I was just wondering before I gave oshio's idea thought.

@Oshiomogho - could you explain a little more what you're requesting we do? I'm having a hard time understanding all the pictures and such.

I think the Game Scheduling/Game Summaries separate subforums are fine. I like it as well as it's much cleaner and if I'm trying to schedule a game I don't have to sort through everyone's weekly game result and vice versa. I agree the scouting reports are meh as we've played against each other a ton, but I thought it could help the new guys and spark some interest. I'll still require everyone to do one unless we come up with something better.

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

none of this needs to happen, I was just looking at our league and comparing it to other leagues. I see there is no set format so i think we should try to work things to be the most efficient for us. Which is why I opened it up for discussion. I just thought we could use subforums to keep the league more organized.

I'll hit you up on AIM about the all those pictures I posted. I wanna add a some content that makes us more interesting and fun for the league members and/or the rest of the forum