Archived Proposed Idea: The Coliseum

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 28, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Proposed Idea: The Coliseum

With our newest "murder" on our mind (number 4 total) I think its best if we start scrimmaging the new guys we bring in. I tried to scrimmage our last guy but he turned me down but I never looked to much into it since he's in other TF leagues. But that ish stops now. I blame Jack for all of this, he just throws these new guys to the wolves, lol. Gotta let him play a few games to get some confidence beforehand or something.;)

I propose that we make these guys go through a Rites of Passage. It's not going to be like a normal scrimmage. I will pick the applicants team and I will allow our Gladiator to choose freely but that Gladiator must choose an A overall team. Nothing will be posted on the forums about the results, the Gladiator will simply send JV and I a PM with the results and his impressions. From there we will decide if the candidate 'survived' his test.

The only thing I'd ask from the Gladiator is to not hold back (i.e settling for a FG because their up big) but keep it sim. Its getting obvious that some guys can't handle getting blown out and decide to quit. So I propose stacking the game in our Gladiators favor and see if they can handle getting their butts whooped. Can no longer go on personalities alone. And to keep candidates from just conceding the victory, we need complete honesty. Once Jack gives the OK to post this opening in the forum we may have several applicants that may want to play. Before they play I will have a chat on AIM with them to see what type of person they are. I got the personality down, just haven't found the gamer part yet.

Just an idea that popped into my head... thoughts?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I'm down to scrimmage some guys who want to play here

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Excellent idea and love the name :The Coliseum. hahaha

Lets get some candidates together (2-3 max) and lets see what happens. Since the game just came out we have a lot of new members anxious to get into a dynasty. So lets go find a good one.

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I want to scrimmage too...I tend to have my Dynasty game played 5 minutes after its advanced (because i have no life). This gives me a chance to play more games in between the advances

5. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Cool im down

6. NDCOLTS1979

I lost to Mizzu im done f this place lol nah im kidding but i did lose :(

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

sounds good, but i dont think NDColts should be a gladiator, yet. you need to get your game together

8. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah i know its crazy. I know Texas Tech problems stems from me wanting to run the ball. I cant run with them finally did this week. Illinois is everything team is so young no experience anywhere except tailback and he is slow so the holes close up quick on him.

9. NDCOLTS1979

Also every game i have lost has been done with that non huddle bs. If the cpu dont run no huddle ill win everytime. Just have to figure out the no huddle

10. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I like this idea also. I would play if you guys think I'm worthy.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think everybody is worthy. I just want people to play to their strengths. We don't need someone to go out there and try some new offense or defense. We just need someone who follows the TF/Chaos rules and knows them pretty well. Remember this scrimmage is basically scouting the person out. Do not stop midway through the game and tell 'em what he did wrong, just take note of it and keep playing. Reading the rules is part of joining TF. Seems like our last guy failed to do that, so that in itself is a test. To see if they even read the rules:)

We're not going on a 'first come first serve' mentality to fill this spot. We will be giving the first two individuals a chance at two gladiators (he ain't smash, you know, he just glad he ate her). From there one will be shown the waiting list (which is starting fresh) and one will be allowed to enter.

12. NDCOLTS1979

13. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

We have a few candidates now. Jerzey and I will be contacting those who said they were interested in scrimmaging soon.