Proposed Rule Change/Slider adjustment

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Dec 2, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Darkwing
    Boom29
    EAsportsKiLLer85
    Connor
    Philstyle3005
    Wyrmreaver
    mikedeep97

Now, I had this discussion in my premiere league about field goal kicking. The commish and I have strong disagreements about this issue. In that league we play with mostly default settings and with field goal kicking it can lead to some abuse i.e. kickers routinely attempting and making 55+ yard field goals. Even though college kickers very rarely attempt 50+ field goals during normal game situations. Now, I have basically prevented us from doing that putting the slider setting at 35 for accuracy and distance. I want to you hear your thoughts about adjusting the slider settings back to default for kicking. If we did that I would want the expectation to be that the longest kick in normal game situations be 54 yards or less. I have no problem with some one attempting a 55+ kick at the end of half or regulation because to me that seems more realistic.

If you have any other suggestions or ideas, please post them. I want to get a feel for what the league thinks is best.

2. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Finally..
    Change the sliders back and make your rule. I prefer to at least be able to make a 50 yarder if I need to

3. Connor

Connor Walk On

I think a kicker should have to the power to pick a 55 yd field goal. my kicker doesn't even have the ability to kick 45 yds. Is there anyway to increase power, but decrease accuracy.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Connor you should see the discussion in After Midnight regarding this proposed rule. I am not arguing or stating a kicker should not have ability to kick a 55+ yard field goal, it is that I don't want the us to abuse the ability to kick 55+ field goals. Argument for rule, there is point on the field where a coach will not try a field goal under normal situations in real life because of the risk/reward factor. I believe that is about a 53 yard field goal. According to the stats, it appears the exact point may be 54 in this season.

Argument against rule, kickers can kick 55+ yard field goals and it happens in various game situations, thus there shouldn't be a rule prohibiting a coach from kicking 55+ yard field goals.

Now, I have two counters to this argument, first with the game if you are kicking on default settings your kicker's accuracy is not affect on long kicks like in real life, thus it becomes a question of whether my kicker can it that far, and thus if you know your kicker can kick a 60 yard field goal it like an automatic 3 points once you get to the opponent's 43 yard line. Now if you actually study these various game situations, the two longest kicks made this season occurred in blow outs where the team had nothing to lose if their kicker missed. Most of the longest attempts made by kickers this season occurred at the end of halves. Thus, that is when the kicker who can kick a 55+ FG should attempt it.

5. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Oh man here we go again...
    Maybe just link your After Midnight thread Cougs?

6. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

I feel like the accuracy should be reduced but the kick power should be normal. The longer the kick, the harder it is to hit and it makes it more important that you "get all of it" when you use hit the power aspect. I use 50/30 in my personal dynasty (or 55/30.. I can't remember exactly). That gives me a true feel for the kicking game. I can kick a 60 yarder and it may go right, left or down the middle.. But I can ATTEMPT it with a realistic percentage and challenge for the kick (stronger kickers can go for it where a weaker legged guy cannot).

JM.02

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I propose 45 power and 35 accuracy, from 50 plus yards with a good kicker you can make them but have to pretty much hit max power with little or no drift, kicking a 60 yarder should basically never happen in college IMO, and a 50+ yarder should be risky but not impossible, while 45 yarders should be relatively easy (80% or better)