Proposed Rule for NCAA '10 Tradition seasons

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Proposed Rule for NCAA '10 Tradition seasons

I was thinking.... (yeah, I know... )

Wouldn't recruiting be more interesting if there was something at stake during the user games? I don't know about you folks, but I never schedule an important recruit against a user. Ever.

And with this proposed rule you could still send your Top however most important recruits to any game you want, but the proposed rule is as follows:

you can send a max of five (5) recruits to any one game. Basically what that would amount to is having to spread things out, necessitating having recruits come for those user vs. user battles, etc.

The commish could occasionally check on this but overall it would be the honor system. And it would add quite a bit IMHO.

I think Bruce will hate this idea.

What you think Fosh?

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

I like the concept for sure. I think if you schedule 12 recruits at one game in real life, how special do they feel? I do like that that the confrence set ups were going to will make a lot of User vs. User games rivilary games. For me its Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, and Mississippi. That leaves Ole Miss as my only non user rivilary game. Maybe 5 max recruits at Non-user game. And if you wanna bring them all in when you play Bruce then go ahead.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah that simplifies it, I like.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I dont like it for one simple reason.

The game isnt out yet and we have no idea how tough or easy recruiting will be to start.

5. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i propose we limit use of the 4-2-5 defense.

I think it has balance issues in '09 and i would like to see a larger diversity of defenses being used in 2010

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

How would we limit it???

7. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Helli racked up over 200 rushing yards against that defense when we played

It's not unbeatable, you just have to learn to adjust to it....

I know it's an unfamiliar defense, but I think that's unfair to limit the use of it

8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's not unfair.. the league has always been about simulation and representing real college football... i don't see this defense being run by half of the team in the NCAA like it is run here.

The fact that you can have 8 men in the box and still cover the pass so effectively creates balance issues... and if it didn't, half the league would not have moved to that defense almost exclusively.

Were about fair, balanced playing field... anything that even appears to be a possible advantage from a CPU awareness standpoint should be addressed. Otherwise all you will have all 12 owners running the 4-2-5

9. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I strongly disagree, I'll just leave it at that

Curious though, who else here other than myself uses the 4-2-5 as their base defense? no way half the league uses it

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you keep saying 'BASE'.. and i don't care what the base is... im talking about any formation where 1 saftey is deep... i know for a fact it is the 1st and 2nd down defense formation for at least 3 teams and i suspect more.

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I keep saying BASE because that's what the issue is

the 4-2-5 BASE defense has the FS deep.....4 defensive lineman, 2 LBs, 2 SSs, 1 FS is the personnel.....that is what I run

And and in some defenses when you play 8 in the box, the FS is the lone guy back there when the SS walks up to the line......so are you also saying we can't pick a regular defense, then audible to 8 in a box?

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I use 3-3-5 myself....

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im saying the overuse or abuse of any one tactic or formation has and will ALWAYS be regulated in my leagues.

14. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

so selecting one of the defenses in NCAA Football is now over abuse or a tactic??? LOL

The 3-4 makes me uncomfortable, why don't we ban that too?

Give me a break

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the formation has obviously become popular because of it's effectiveness against both the run and pass in any down and distance scenario.

the 3-4 comment is an attempt to deflect the conversation away from the issue of balance surrounding the one safety deep formatioins so im not even going to respond.

16. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

nah the 3-4 comment was to illustrate how ridiculous it is to want to ban something because people aren't sucessful against it

But hey like you said this is YOUR LEAGUE, so why am I even bothering wasting my time on this issue

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

it is definitely a tough formation as I couldn't get any positive yards running on it......very frustrating. I had -6 yards rushing.......damn

You will have 1on1 coverage but its tough when nickel backs and 90 speed LBs are coming after you. It is definitely something I need to practice against as I couldn't figure it out. Pregame I didn't know you were running it actually.

I have seen it vs Helli, Bruce and now Rhude. My fault for no preperation against it. I am sure there are ways to torch it.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am not for restricting it use......I would have to do more research to see if it unbalanced.

1 or 2 times I was confused as he was using it vs 4 WR on 3rd and long. Not sure the outcome of those downs but I was happy to see it as I am creating a mismatch somewhere, i hope.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

:violin:

you can play it like that if you want... but i've never acted as a dictator in this league, so you trying to label me as such by using a play on my words is laughable...

but yes, in some ways it is my job to hold up the league to a certain standard i've always strived for. And when i see something that concerns me, i will speak out on it. It's no suprise to me that the people using are a going to strongly defend it's use...

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have the whole game recorded.......I will take a look and be ready for it next year. I am sure it will be the same stuff.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not really... that's the issue, your not creating mismatches anywhere because it's a flawed defense.

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

But I dont know why its flawed.......I need specific examples and strong evidence as to what is happening that shouldn't be.

I mean scoring 10 points is a bit alarming for me but I would equate that to me making poor decisions!

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

I'm pretty sure Helli and Bruce use the 3-3-5 or 3-4 as their bases defense

Like I said, I specifically built my team for it, it's not like I just selected the defense to use as a tactic.....it took a few years to get my team with the right personnel to use it....for the first 3 or 4 years I was all 4-3....but I had my eye on that defense for awhile

I recruited the athletes to run it, and then I switched to it last year.....this was well thought out...I have a beast defensive line, and a crazy secondary....I have one 99 ovr MLB, the rest of my linebackers are solid....the 4-2-5 allows me to have only my best LBs on the field....

The other strength of my team is my secondary....tailor made for the 4-2-5

Again, I'd like to know who else here actually uses this defense as their base

24. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

See that just comes from the unfamiliarity of the defense

In it's base, the 4-2-5 has 2 SSs, 1 FS and two CBs on the field....at all times

So when you went 4 wide, I did not have to come out of it as I already have the personnel to cover the WRs

I wish people would take the time to understand the defense first, before railing against it.....that's my only beef

And jms there are mismatches....when Buckles got open, he burnt my SS who has 90 speed....I didn't notice Buckles in the slot until it was too late and almost paid for it

There's a lot of gambling going on in the 4-2-5, so you can definitely beat it if you make the right reads

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

Every "D" had its advantages and disadvantages. Ban the 4-2-5? I scored 50 points on Ramirez he was running that D last night. All those guys crammed in the box is dangerous. FS, SS that close to the line. I ran the D in 2014 and Downs had trouble getting back to help on long passes and he was 99 speed.

When you say half the league is running it I thought half the league was running 3-4?