Pro's Corner: One on One With Pro & Pro's Take Podcast

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pro, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Pro

Pro Walk On

I’ve decided to introduce an interview series, where I’ll interview each one of our coaches (one at a time). Today we’ll naturally start with the Comish, Coach Hale of UNLV.

Pro: Thanks for joining me today Coach Hale.
    Hale: Suck it.

Pro: I know I am new to this league, but right off the bat it was apparent that this is a close group of people. Were there any things you did to promote this and how did it come about?
    Hale: I literally think the good Lord randomly and providentially threw a bunch of idiots together that really really liked each other for whatever reason. Didn't hurt that Mullen and I had an awkwardly legitimate love-obsession for one another from the very first post. Also, and kind of sadly, people seemed randomly drawn to the fact that a pastor could actually be a non-douchebag... that cussing every once in a while doesn't mean you are headed to hell... and that drinking bourbon and loving Jesus aren't mutually exclusive. Sidenote: My wife is so proud.

Pro: In real life, you’re a pastor. What called you into that profession?
    Hale: God. Love my faith and take it very seriously. The world makes no sense outside of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. That and maybe a little bit that I freaking loathe Joel Osteen, Pat Robertson, and churches that look exactly like a music concert with Jesus kind of thrown in. If I can convince like 3 people that that crap isn't the Gospel of Christ... I'll thank God for giving me the opportunity.

Pro: What’s life like in Hawaii?
    Hale: Well right now its the summer so its pretty unbearable. I think today its like a high of 82 with a mild breeze. Looking forward to the winter when we get a more reasonable stretch of 79 degrees with a more steady breeze. But I'll make it through I'm sure.

Pro: Favorite movie?
    Hale: Man... we actually did this a little while back I think. Can't say one. I'll go with three: Unforgiven, It's a Wonderful Life, and Magnolia.

Pro: Favorite musical group?
    Hale: The Boss is hard to beat.

Pro: Favorite television show?
    Hale: Freakin hate TV. Just sports... and even that is weining (sp?) outside of college football. And Weave and my wife did get me into the Food Network here and there. If you didn't know, Weave is like freakishly obsessed with the Food Network and cooking shows. He can cook though! I actually think he should start a food truck. It's his calling.

Pro: Back to the Cathedral. What are your long term goals for this league? Is expansion possible?
    Hale: Expansion? Well, we have 11. And Jeremy sucks so I'm sure he'll be gone soon. But as for recruiting, Mullen and I hate that crap. If people want to find us... great. If not, I'm sure mullen and I would have a blast with just the two of us.

Pro: What is your long term plan for your UNLV Running Rebels?
    Hale: To win a national championship. Not a plan... a promise. I'm not going anywhere. Print that.

Pro: With all this talk of conference realignment, could we see some teams in the Cathedral switch conferences?
    Hale: Sure. We'll definitely tinker along the real-world stuff and we've talked about long-term messing around, but I'm also pretty big on sim and real-life so nothing gay or lame... if anything major would make sure the fellas all like it I'm sure. But to totally contradict everything I just said, possible that mullen and I get a little trick up our sleeve and just surprise folks here and there. Who knows.

Pro: You also run the Abbey. What are the plans for the league?
    Hale: Just to have fun. Simple league for guys to fill their hunger to play with their beloved team's current rosters. No real plans. I'm absolutely LOVING playing with the Hokies right now. But then again... I'm not UVA.

Pro: Any chances we see realignment in the Abbey?
    Hale: Probably just keeping up with real-life stuff. Plenty of movement there. Obviously things like BYU to Big 12 look like a real possibility.

Pro: Must be nice coaching at your alma mater huh?
    Hale: I'm pretty obsessed. Luvs rosters make it pretty darn fun... that's for sure.

Pro: What direction would you like to take your Hokies?
    Hale: Multiple national titles, kicking UVA and Weave in the mouth every year, and watching Ohio State burn in the depths of Sheol for eternity.

Pro: Ok one final question for you. There are rumors circulating that you were a hardcore World of Warcraft player. A photo has recently popped up which claims to depict you in some sort of Elf costume. Thoughts on this?
    Hale: Rumors. That photo was clearly not me. But if I had... not that I have... but if I had played World of Warcraft, I would have been the most awesomely cool non-typical World of Warcraft player ever. Just saying.

Pro: Thank you for your time today, and best of luck going forward. I really enjoy being a part of this league.
    Hale: Eat me.

• Like Like x 7
  2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Wow. Pin these up top. Very cool idea. Pro just earned his keep.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Nice job Pro. You've already done more for this league than me and Jeremy!

• Like Like x 2
  4. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

...and more than mormon, bulldog, bonner, Tbone...

Love you guys... you leaches of greatness!

• Like Like x 1
  5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

^^^hey i have done more then those leaches! player spotlight and stats (y)

• Like Like x 2
  6. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Need a 'Love' button for this post! Greatness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

and on the seventh day, goose gave us pro...

• Like Like x 1
  8. vatechhokie01

the funny thing of course is that Pro was very nervous about doing something "lame" like an interview segment as he thought people would think it nerdy...

pro. it is nerdy. we are nerds. Told you everyone (including me) would love it.

You're the man!

P.S. Trivia: has anyone ever received such quick and constant affirmation from us?

• Like Like x 1
  9. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

We liked that Nazi didn't we?

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

tbone

• Like Like x 1
  11. vatechhokie01

im not even sure tbone rose this quick. which also begs the question: why does Tbone get so much love? I can't remember... just remember that I love him. weird.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yeah its weird the power he has over us...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Goose

Goose Walk On

This is why we love Tbone.

He is the Sexiest man alive, and don't you forget it TRudethaDude

• Like Like x 2
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

that video almost makes me forget what team I play for...i love my wife, i love my wife

• Like Like x 3
  15. Goose

Goose Walk On

Whoa there buddy, way too much information.:redcard:

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatechhokie01

nice Bobby the Brain Heenan siting btw

• Like Like x 1
  17. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Me and the Heenan family were unstoppable back in the days. Bobby Heenan provided me with the master plan to rise to the top and I just followed it. He is "The Brain" you know?

18. vatechhokie01

definitely need another "One on One"

19. Pro

Pro Walk On

It's in the works.

20. Pro

Pro Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  21. vatechhokie01

dude.... dude...

this is awesome.

22. vatechhokie01

merged with "One on One w/ Pro"... stickied... and awesome.

23. vatechhokie01

P.S. I will kill you (all of you) over the BCS bid...

i would love to hear who I should have given it to!

-CUSA? they don't have Boise... shoot, Nevada, SDSU, Fresno, Air Force would all win the CUSA outside of SMU... and the MWC has 3 users! who does CUSA have? Houston? ECU? please!

-leave it in the Big East? They have like 2 teams... and lost Pitt and Cuse.

there was no other options. i hate you. and im going to go undefeated and win the BCS game... losers.

24. vatechhokie01

P.P.S. the love between Goose, mullen, and I is kinda weird. word.

• Like Like x 2
  25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On