Prospect Scouting

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

For those of you who may be new to the game, make sure you are using your scouts to review the upcoming draft prospects. The default ratings that show up are not 100% accurate all the time, and a guy that appears to be a mid lottery pick may actually be one of the top guys in the draft pool. The ability of your scouts also factors into how accurate the scouting report will be.

You can have a guy scouted 4 or 5 times (I don't recall which) and it usually takes a couple days to scout each time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was wondering last night if everyone's scouts are going to give them different information. I would hope so. Just curious if that's how it's gonna work. That would be pretty bad ass.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The scouts all have ratings so i would think the higher rated scouts do the better job. My question is does everyone have 3 scouts? I do and they are all B rated.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here. I know in the offline association different teams have different scouts with different ratings. Indont know how it works in OA.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

right. I wasn't sure if the scouts in the OA are rated differently. I can't remember. I know I hired my 3 scouts already and have scouted a few guys already.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Same here. In an offline one I only had one and he wasnt great, but I have 3 B rated ones online.

7. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

We all start out with 3 B rated prospects. Guess it is to have fair scouting ?

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just a general question... Do you get any additional things for scouting a guy a bunch (besides slightly more accurate ratings)? I know at 2 you get potential and I'm just wondering if you get actual ratings or something at 5 times scouted.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

im pretty sure 3 times is all you need and then its just a waste

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

So you are saying I need to get on this. Okay, I will do that.