Protected Draft Picks?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by bringbackjimmy, Jan 4, 2012.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I saw someone mention it in the Skype chat and thought it was a intriguing idea. I would think it would work as long as some things are put into place.

dealing with cpu generated picks i think we would have to say if someone trades for a 2012 protected pick that teams draft pick for 13 is unavailable until after said team is in the playoffs(or looks like a lock) or after the lottery. if team gets a top 5 pick or whatever the parameters the team would then trade that pick back to the cpu team for the next yrs pick which becomes unprotected.

obviously something similar would be attached to user/user trades.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm not getting into all that. You guys proposed 149 trades a day. There is no way I'm trying to keep up with that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I was the one the proposed it. I don't see it working for CPU trades. I had the idea of it for just user trades since it will be easier to manage. I also proposed no more than a two year protection and only lottery protection. It would require a stickied thread that's maintained by our admin with a table that lists the protected picks, when it expires, and who its going to.

It was just an idea. If its something that gains ground, I'd volunteer managing the thread/table.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I think it's intriguing if someone is willing to keep up with it (looking in your direction jface) but then again, when we're dealing with draft picks in trades we have up to now taken into account where we think the pick will be and have judged the trade accordingly....so I'm not sure it's necessary.