Proud New Saints Owner

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by capp34, Apr 12, 2011.

1. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I decided to go ahead and take the opportunity to take over my favorite team now instead of waiting till 12. It was a hard decision because I put a lot of time and energy into the Lions, but it had to be done to make the transition into 12 more smoother. Shout out to @CWT3000 we had some battles! and a watch out to @antcap24 we coming for the division!:eek:

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

NFC North wide open for the Packers now

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

You guys are killing me. This is going to be boring:(

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Yeah its tough but I'm not going to deprive capp of his favorite team. I'll see if I can't find an NFC North owner somewhere or another. Both the Lions and Vikings are good teams, they just need an owner.

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Irritating to see Playoff owners moving to 2-15 teams and getting to draft in the top 5. I'd like to see this change in the offseason to prevent the switch from happening before the draft.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I wanted the Texans when I joined but was full and had to settle on the Vikings. I obviously wanted to finish the season that I started. But now that I have the Texans, I don't plan on leaving them in 12.

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya i agree 100%. Sucks for the guys their jumping ahead of.

8. ChickenOfTheSea

Seriously I'm gonna riff on @capp34 for a second your reward for taking the Lions to the playoffs (No easy task) is you get one of the highest rated rosters in the game NO and a top 10 pick. A stacked team a playoff ready roster and a top 10 pick. Thanks for fucking up my draft. Now its totally not Capp's fault hes just availiling himself of a rule. But hes picking ahead of me so hopefully his internet crashes tonight.

9. Keller

Its give and take - the guys who are switching aren't doing so because of where the team is drafting. Jmustang is an avid Texans fan (and lives somewhere near Houston) and Capp is an avid Saints fan. Both guys were in situations where they did not get their first choice when they came into the league so I allowed them to switch.

In Madden 12, maybe we can come up with an official process for switching teams but for now at least I don't see any reason why we can't allow guys to change teams. I know it sucks for guys like you Chicken, but its just the nature of the beast.

10. Keller

If it ticks you off that much - I bet Capp might even switch picks with you - again hes not doing it for the pick he's doing it because he's a Saints fan.

Both guys are sticking with those teams through Madden 12 as well.

11. ChickenOfTheSea

Haha did you just quote yourself in consecutive posts?

12. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I hear that brotha, i traded away players to move up in the draft- to aquire key positions GB desperately needs to fill.

13. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I work in Houston and live in a Houston suburb, but its basically Houston

14. Keller

Like a boss

• Like Like x 1
  15. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Don't worry about guys. Just because you both left me alone in the division and jumped over me in the draft... there's no hard feelings.

:doodie:

• Like Like x 1
  16. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Welcome aboard. I think having people in my division will be exciting for me. In the past I have been the only one so winning the division and making the playoffs was never in question. Now I can scoreboard watch and get into it more

17. Keller

@capp34
    @Jmustang1968

Given that there is some resistance to the idea of the new guys picking new teams and getting new draft picks, how do you guys feel about picking where your originally slotted team was picked?

So you would, on the console, switch back to your old teams for the draft. You draft where you're supposed to, then we transplant those picks back to your new teams. That way its more fair for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

i like this... i am kind of with seachicken on this one... switching teams is one thing... but you need to maintain your record from the previous year. Not jump to a top 5-10 pick

19. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I think that is fair. It doesn't matter either way to me though.

20. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I think that would ease everyone's mind, and I suppose it shouldnt matter to those guys either if their intention was primarily using their fav team.

21. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

It really doesnt matter to me I didnt pick the Saints for no damn draft pick I picked them because they are my favorite team. Maybe next year I will tank some regular season games to get a higher pick.:eek:

22. ChickenOfTheSea

Thats what I do, its way more fun than being competitive

23. Keller

24. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I honestly think its ridiculous. Its not like changing us will better anyone elses pick. x number of guys are still taken before them, and this rule wasnt in place for any team who switched before. Yes I get a better draft pick, but for continuity reasons I wouldve rather had the Vikes roster still. Yes we now have a higher pick, but we have had less years to develop and tweak our roster the way we want it. I will personally miss Parris and Jordan etc... Much unneeded hassle and so soon before the draft and it just seems there is always something to complain about

25. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Who's complaining? No need to get so defensive.