Pryor not returning to OSU

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Dru50, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

3. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

Good news! Go Big Red

4. Wick36

Gee isn't going to get the boot.
    Smith could, but I don't think it's all that likely unless more stuff comes out that implicates him specifically.

And no, they could decide to move away from Pryor for the last 7-9 games of the season and play one of the younger QBs in Graham, Guiton, or Miller. If they plan on starting Bauserman the whole time, then yeah, Pryor would have played.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

What is the process of a University president getting canned? I'm guessing impeachment or stepping down? Doubt either are happening. I mean he represents more than just the athletic program...

6. mrmiller84

mrmiller84 Walk On

Will we see the AD step down or a full fledged inquiry into the programs like USC? This was inevitable when ESPN showed the clip of him speeding away in the evidence, I mean car. The NCAA is coming into an evolve or become prehistoric situation. These events are becoming more evident each day and its because of the 24/7 media coverage. I understand that these guys receive a college education, but the amount of money being made from their sweat and blood is insane. The fact is the time these guys spend focused on the field versus the books is counter-productive to the term student athlete. These kids aren't coming in early in the spring to just get accustomed to classes, but to get a jump on the offense or defense. The NCAA will have to change or become obsolete. The amateur status is being left behind in HS and they need to wake up and realize it.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You know what's funny? As much as you trash the Ohio State fan base, I don't know one person who would get such joy out of the same thing happening to Michigan.

8. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

board votes him out. Usually they just step down.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No, I usually stay away from douchebag fanboys.

In fact...*leaves thread*

• Like Like x 1
  10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah, neither one will happen. And i'm not saying this because it is the Buckeyes. Its like if we impeached Obama because the NFL and NBA both went through corruption scandals.

11. Joe_THEDREAM

It's happened in the past over athletics. If the heat gets turned up further, it could happen. Media smells blood. Chances of it happening... I'd give it 10%

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Show me one example of me arguing politics.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dru50

Is Joe (or IMBOSSY) deleting his posts? These quotes out of the blue are weirding me out.

BTW - what is the deal with so many guys changing their names around here?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe_THEDREAM

Yea i did because i don't think personal attacks should be open to everyone. So i just removed everything related to it. Also, changed my name due to it starting as a joke and i didn't want to relevel my COD character. '12 will be a fresh start.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This just keeps getting better and better.

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm a Michigan fan and while I like seeing all the bad shit happening to OSU, it's not good for the Big Ten. As a conference, the more good teams we have the better. Ohio State will be back, it's just a matter of how long of a punishment they get as far as bowl eligibility.

17. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Pryor will be remembered more for the damage he caused off the field than what he did on it.

18. Dru50

This is coming from a source who doesn't want to be named, but it doesn't look good for OSU:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6637444

What could really hurt OSU is that Pryor leaving the program makes it difficult if not impossible for the NCAA to levy sanctions against anyone but the university. This is getting very similar to the Reggie Bush situation, which was made worse for USC because Bush was already in the pros by the time the investigation was done, which left the Trojans holding the bag.

19. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We get what we deserve whether or not he's here is irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I agree. This is gonna make the NCAA's handling of the situation last season look foolish and I'm not sure they are gonna like that.

21. cnic75

cnic75 The Legacy

[​IMG]

Funny.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Dru50

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Fwiw Dru, I changed mine because everyone called me this anyways-- easier to log in with a shorter name on the Droid too ;)

Thats pretty weak, man up and own the post you put up. Don't talk smack and then hide it.

24. Wick36

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

ESPN doesn't make "typos" too often. Over the past year they've resorted to a lot of sensationalism and headline grabbers to get people's attention. It bothers me highly lol