PS3 60 GB model refurbished from Gamestop

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by PepperNY, Jun 3, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I was wondering if anyone here has any expiereince buying a refurbished PS3 from gamestop. I'm looking at buying another PS3 as I currently have the PS3 Slim system in my mancave. Looking to get a 2nd system for the living room so the kids and wife can use it and I was looking into getting a refurbished system. I have a Wii to trade in to help bring the cost down but I am always skeptical when it comes to used systems. If I do go this route I will definitely buy the 2 year extended warranty for $40

I know the 60GB model is hardware backwards compatible so thats why I am leaning towards that one. Any help or suggestions you guys can give me would be great.

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

My XBOX and PC were both bought refurbished and work great.

3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

I bought a 50 foot HDMI from Amazon and just switch out the cable depending on the room that it will be played in. The controllers work fine as the bluetooth has quite the reach. The cable was $35 and has no signal degradation whatsoever.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I bought one for $400 back when they first came out and it was a POS. I returned it the next day.

5. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I bought my Ps3 refurbished and works just fine, have had it for 5 yrs now. and got it for $300.

6. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Long time no talk pepperKlink! hahah jj i remember you got all mad one day at us and changed that name hahah

As far as refurbished consoles go, i have had zero luck but they system ive got set up now is pretty sweet and you get new consoles for almost nothing when the old one breaks.

Buy new ps3 from walmart, YES WALMART... haha they offer the longest warrenty ive seen around, 3 years on top of sonys 1 so 4 years protection for 39.99 extra.

When the first system bricks, send it in for a fix but buy a new console.

When it returns, package all your old not played anymore games with the new consoles controller and wires and sell it on craigslist or ebay as an "UNBANNED REFURBISHED PS3 W/ WARRANTY" unbanned is key these days, if your system cant connect to the internet then you can get MAYBE 50 bucks for it

ive asked, and as long as the new owner changes the address and shipping info on the warrenty website, it WILL transfer to the next owner. Flipping the games with the new controller and wires got me 275 on craigslist in janurary vs 299.99 for a brand new ps3

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Unless its a backwards compatible fatboy PS3, then i would hold onto it and milk the life out of it