[PS3] FIFA Friendlies

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by Cimmy24, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Get playing! I encourage you guys to start playing against one another with a mix of teams. Post results here, schedule matches.

PSNs:

Cimmy24 - Same
    IJGator - Same
    grundlebug - Same
    RedAL925 - Same

2. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I should be around for parts of the day if anyone wants to get some games in. I'm going to add everyones PSN today so don't be surprised if you get a friend request.

PSN: IJGator

3. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

I won't be home until 7 or 8 pm EST, but I'll definitely be looking to get some games in with you guys. I'll accept/send friend requests on PSN when I get home.

4. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

PSN - RedAL925
    I'm usually always on FIFA, just send a message and if i'm not in the middle of a career mode game i'll take you on

5. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

PSN - Zikry

If I'm not on, then it's usually my brother who is playing FIFA. So just send me a friend request and I'll add you for sure! Im psyched that this league is finally coming together!

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Here is a sample of what I would like the summaries to at least resemble...

Valencia CF (Cimmy24) v Sevilla FC (IJGator)
    [​IMG]
    0 Goals 0
    10 Shots 16
    6 SOT 6
    43% Possession 57%
    15 Tackles 24
    9 Fouls 4
    1 :yellowcard:Card 0
    0 :redcard:Card 0
    0 Offsides 1
    2 Corners 3
    Valencia:
    :yellowcard: Ricardo Costa (32')​
    Both teams struggled to net the ball throughout the entirety. Valencia had trouble getting much of anything going on offense in the first half, but were able to earn their chances the rest of the way. Each team had multiple opportunities to strike gold but neither could capitalize.​
    ------------------------------------------------​
    You don't need to go as far as pictures or videos, but they are appreciated. I pulled this image off of google, so it isn't from our match. You can also write up a little summary of the game like I have done above. TSO has provided us with :yellowcard::redcard::goal: symbols to give our summaries a better look.​
    To post an img you simply need to click the "Insert Img" icon above and paste the image url within the brackets, or you can manually type in [ img ] [ / img ] (no spaces) and paste the url. For videos it is just as simple to paste the code from youtube with the media brackets or click the insert media icon above.​
    To get the yellow, red, and goal icons, they are located in the smiley drop down box.​

Your summaries don't need to look exactly like this by any means...I am not forcing you to tell us your story in anyway this is just an example of what you can do with the forums here at TSO. The main thing I want is stats, but we all love to hear how things went and pictures and videos help that

7. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Hey guys,
    Not sure where to post this so I'll start here. Does anyone play Ultimate Team in Fifa? If so is it something that can be incorporated into a league setting? I have never played that mode in Fifa or any other game for that matter. Just curious since it appears to be wildly successful and hugely addictive. Fifa just announced some major upgrades to Ultimate Team mode where you can play friends, etc.

8. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

I've never played UT either. Is it something like pro clubs? Do we use our virtual pros?

I'd be interested in getting a league team going.

9. RedAL925

basically you start off with some random 50-60 players and play games. you earn 'money' for wins etc, so you can buy better players, stadia, training, contracts etc.

10. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

oh ok, so it's one owner per team? that could be cool.

11. RedAL925

correct, each owner has one team, but each team can have the same players. I created a team a while ago, haven't touched it since.

A Virtual Pro club would be pretty cool though...

12. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

If anyone wants to play I will be available after 3pm eastern today. PSN, AIM & YIM is OhDaesu19.

13. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

anyone want to play a friendly tonight?

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I have some homework to do now, an NCAA Football league game to play, but I will be on after that if you're still around.

15. IJGator

IJGator Walk On

I'll be on after 10 pm if you want to play then. EST

16. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Awesome...I just finished a huge bio exam so I'm drinkin, relaxin, and playin some fifa. Y'all hit me up in PSN when you want to play.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Will do...where you go to school?

18. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Old Dominion University

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Nice, I have a friend who goes to ODU

20. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

FRIENDLY: Fulham FC (ohdaesu19) vs Newcastle United (grundlebug)​
    0 goals 1
    5 shots 9​
    2 SOT 7​
    52% possession 48%​
    25 tackles 22​
    1 fouls 3​
    0 [​IMG]cards 0​
    0 [​IMG] cards 0​
    1 offsides 0​
    1 corners 2​

[​IMG]Newcastle: K. Nolan (90')​

The game was very evenly matched from the onset. Both teams played well defensively and had several opportunities to put one in the back of the net. The game winning goal came in the 90th minute inside Fulham's 18 yard box. Newcastle had two shots bounce off the post - one a strike from inside the 18, the other a header off the far post.​

21. OhDaesu19

OhDaesu19 Walk On

Just played against grundlebug. It was a great game. Man I forgot how long 10 minute halves were! Anyway he was Newcastle and I was Fulham. grundlebug outplayed me and hit the post twice atleast. I think I mustered three or four weak shots. grundlebug scored the winner in the 90+ minute. I almost tied it up after that as my shot sailed over the goal and the game ended. Now grundlebug deserved the victory but I have to say I have seen way too many goals after the 45th minute and after the 90th minute. Drives me crazy. Again the game was awesome and I am stoked for this league to start.

22. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Yeah I hear ya...I've lost plenty games close or in stoppage time. That was a really good game though.​

In other news, I just got my butt handed to me by zikry 5-0. I was going to write the recap here but I accidentally exited the match before I got the chance. Good games zikry and ohdaesu!​

23. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

yea i was thinking of doing the recap too but i was too excited to get another game in, lol. GG though, not even sure what team you were playing with to be completely honest lol. Im still trying to find my team right now but Parma certainly left me with a good feeling after that game! Whats sad is that Amauri scored a hat-trick, and as a Juventus fan I know that shit aint realistic, lol.

24. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

FRIENDLY: Sporting Lisbon 0 (grundle) vs Fiorentina 2 (Zikry)
    [​IMG]
    0 Goals 2
    3 Shots 13
    1 SOT 6
    49 % Possession 51%
    22 Tackles 37
    3 Fouls 2
    0 [​IMG] Card 1
    0 [​IMG] Card 0
    0 Offsides 1
    2 Corners 3
    Match Events:
    [​IMG]Fiorentina Stevan Jovetic (21')​
    [​IMG]Fiorentina Alberto Gilardino (60')​
    [​IMG]Fiorentina Per Kroldrup (85')​
    Match Report:
    It was a beautiful day in Lisbon as Sporting hosted the Viola from Italy, Fiorentina. Sporting started off the game well, putting immediate pressure on Fiorentina as it seemed like the Italians were unable to get the ball out of their half, with Pedro Mendes stinging Sebastien Frey's fingertips with a rocket shot that the keeper was able to save for a corner. Against the run of play however, Fiorentina found themselves in the lead as Gilardino was able to play the ball into the box, and a quick and alert Jovetic was able to wrap his leg around the defender ahead of him, take the ball, and cooly slip it past the helpless Rui Patricio for the 1-0 lead for the visitors. The crowd were in shock that the lineman in the nearside did not call a foul on Jovetic, as they hurled insults at the lineman while Jovetic continued to celebrate his rather fortuitous goal. 1-0 for the visitors at the break.​
    The second half started with both teams feeling each other out at start, before Gilardino was able to double the lead thanks to a wonderful strike. Gilardino picked up the ball 35 yards from goal, ran past a defender, cut in past another, then set himself up by cutting back inside and curling a wonderful outside of the foot effort from about 16 yards out that went past the hapless Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper. That would be the end of the scoring in this game, with the only other thing of real note in the game being Kroldrup's yellow card after he up-ended a Sporting Lisbon counter-attack in the 85th minute. The referee, Hans de Noteboom, allowed play to go on but was quick to show the yellow card once the attack was haulted.​
    GG Grundle!!​

25. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Haha, that made me laugh cause I was wondering the same thing. Good write-up and good game! I'll get one against you sooner or later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.