ps3 issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 9, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ps3 issues

So last night my family and I watched a movie. Everything has been working great, movie went well. After the movie I popped in the Madden disc and after looking at the franchise it had a disc reading error. No biggie, I just turned the system off for the night and went to bed. Well this AM the ps3 wont read disc. I know that there has been issues with this new update so I canceled doing that and now will try a system restart. I did a hard reboot and even unplugged it for a while to let it reset.

Any suggestions?

2. natedawg212000

I've tried everything and nothing is working. I am doing a full system restore. If this doesn't work then I may have to send this stupid thing back and allow one of my board members to host the league. I just sent it off about a month ago! This is pathetic!!!

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

i have had one problem and just bought a new system..sounds like you have had a bad run of luck...with the new price drop wouldnt it be in your best interest just to buy new system?

refurbish=$150
    new system=$199

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That's what I suggested. 150 bucks to send or 300 to buy a new one. You could still use your PSN name, just would have to transfer any files over, which would require a bit of effort but not much. With the bad run he's had with this one I think it's in your best interest Nate to at least consider a new one.

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I just bought a 2nd PS3 for my home office area, got it used for 249 at gamestop. Works fine, plus I have a 1 year free replacement warrenty on it. Might want to consider it.

6. natedawg212000

well i just sent this one off, it should have a warranty still. Ive done the complete reinstall and that didn't work. sooooo freakin sucks.

7. natedawg212000

just called.. nothing they can do other than send it in. good thing is it wont cost anything, bad thing is its gonna be a freakin 10-12 days! ughh.. last time they were pretty fast with it, so this is what i'll do. We need to get started, Ill get someone to set up a new franchise and send it to everyone. Everyone will get re-invited and I'll just do my part here until I get this stupid thing back!

8. natedawg212000

sweet news. i am going to sell this one for what it cost the first time to fix (150) and going to get me a new one tonight!

9. natedawg212000

I just walked in with a new slim and a surround sound.

10. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

sweet!!!!

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Good thing I thinked we'd all die if you didn't have a system for a couple weeks.

12. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

man wh does microsoft and sony screw us around like that. if im going to drop over 300 for a new console, it better freaing work until the next one comes out. with my 360 it got the RROD and i sent it in and got a refrubed one within 2 weeks, no biggie. That one broke in a matter of weeks and when i called to send that one back, dumb foriegn chick said " my serial number is registered to another user and they cannot honor my warrenty" THEY REFURBED SOMEONE ELSES UNIT AND SENT IT TO ME WITHOUT CHANGING MY SERAIL NUMBER IN THERE SYSTEM. was not able to get on the website and register the refurbed one and they wouldnt over the phone so i bought a ps3. Ive heard that sony pulls a stunt where they ask if you had it plugged into a surge protector(who doesnt?? Well i dont anymore). The person said yes and the operator asked what brand it was and since it wasnt a sony surge protector (i dont think they even make one) that he was using a third party prof. and it voided his warrenty. these multii billion world wide companies do this crap all the time... Sony saying there losing money on every ps3 sold yet they have enough profit to redesign AND lower the price