PS3 NBA 2K14 Online Association - "Where Amazing Happens"

Discussion in 'League Openings' started by CTfromDC, Aug 18, 2013.

1. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

[​IMG]

Sup PS3 Owners of the TSO,

We are trying to get enough quality guys to start an OA for the new NBA 2K14 that's dropping in October. We have permission to get a league up and running, but first we need to get the users. Please sign up here with answers to the following questions. Looking to recruit 16 owners, 8 in each conference. This is a Non-Premiere League so all are free to apply.

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL):
    TIME ZONE:
    PSN ID:

What is your previous league experience (if any)?

Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently involved in.

Why do you want to join the WAH B-Ball league?

Why would you be a good addition to the league?

We promote an active community and prefer that our members check in on a nearly daily basis; do you anticipate any issues in being active on the forums and contributing to the league and the TSO community in general?

What is the general schedule when you would expect to be available to play league games?

With the next generation of consoles on the horizon; do you foresee circumstances where you would stop playing NBA 2K14 on the PS3 in favor of one of the new consoles?

What does “simulation” B-Ball mean to you?

What is your favorite team? And is having them a deal breaker for you or are you willing to play with any team that is available?

Thanks.

Users

1. CTfromDC
    2. Spayer419
    3. TheMNorthFace
    4. BK
    5. Glen Cieske
    6. xxkimura
    7. majesty95
    8. jandy

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Just call me Spayer
    EMAIL:
    TIME ZONE: eastern
    PSN ID: Spayer419

I'm the commish of Chompions League

Chompions League

2k is probably my favorite game to play but it can be very cheesy. Think this league has a lot of potential with a good sim structure.

Well I'm going to be a co-comish ;)

We promote an active community and prefer that our members check in on a nearly daily basis; do you anticipate any issues in being active on the forums and contributing to the league and the TSO community in general?
    Not at all

What is the general schedule when you would expect to be available to play league games?
    It varies on the day but I'm never out of pocket, just text me and we'll figure it out

With the next generation of consoles on the horizon; do you foresee circumstances where you would stop playing NBA 2K14 on the PS3 in favor of one of the new consoles?
    With me being in 2 leagues on the PS3 (CL and this) I don't anticipate being an early mover when it comes to buying a PS4, no

Running plays, but varying play call. Hedging screens, not trying to draw charges all over the court. Not going for cheesy steals. Using your bench and calling timeouts. Making realistic trades. Varying shot selection by distance and by player. Man-to-man primary D. I could go on..

What is your favorite team? And is having them a deal breaker for you or are you willing to play with any team that is available?
    Big Cavs fan would really like to play with them. Getting the Cavs, Warriors, or Grizz would be really nice

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

4. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL):Carl T, goes by CT
    EMAIL: carlt78@yahoo.com
    TIME ZONE: EST

PSN ID: CTfromDC

What is your previous league experience (if any)? I have run in NBA 2k12 leagues on the 360 and briefly in a NBA 2K13 league here at the TSO

Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently involved in. Currently in (2) Madden 25 lgs, and an NCAA 14 OD

Why do you want to join the WAH B-Ball league? Looking to ball in a Sim B-Ball league, NBA 2K puts out a good game yearly, it's only right that I get to enjoy it without the lobby cheese...
    Why would you be a good addition to the league? I'm active, plays the game the right way, win or lose. Co-Commissioning also most likely. I like to keep the leagues I'm in live with content contributions, color commentary, and sarcasm...it's all in fun and making for an enjoyable experience.

We promote an active community and prefer that our members check in on a nearly daily basis; do you anticipate any issues in being active on the forums and contributing to the league and the TSO community in general? None at all

What is the general schedule when you would expect to be available to play league games? Usually via schedule, Mon-Fri 730p - 1030p est, Anytime on Saturdays and Sundays (accepts when my 'Skins are playing)

With the next generation of consoles on the horizon; do you foresee circumstances where you would stop playing NBA 2K14 on the PS3 in favor of one of the new consoles? I bought a PS4 and have a Xbox 1 reserved...Looks like all my leagues are sticking to this gen for the cycle, so I'm keeping the PS3 throughout.

What does “simulation” B-Ball mean to you? Personally, I like to run plays, and use tactics that you'd see in a real NBA game. I prefer user control on ball defense...NO exploiting the games flaws, such as spamming doubles, full court pressing the entire game, running and gunning, etc...

What is your favorite team? And is having them a deal breaker for you or are you willing to play with any team that is available? No problem, plenty of teams to run with.

5. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Matt N.
    EMAIL: mdnorth191@gmail.com
    TIME ZONE: EST
    PSN ID: themnorthface

Played in NCAA Football Chompion's League for parts of two seasons. Quit the first year because of school, and this season because I realized I no longer enjoy college football titles like I used to. Any of my league mates could confirm that I was active and easy-going.

N/A
    As of NBA 2k12, I really enjoy 2k's basketball titles and I would not mind stepping up the competition and getting more out of the game than just playing my friends around town. I enjoy what TSO has to offer, and I think an NBA 2k14 league would be awesome.

I am a competitive, friendly and active gamer that would bring a great franchise to the league. I also work in professional sports, so I bring the background and experience to create awesome content and keep the league engaged with my franchise, both on and off the court. I also am very flexible and can always make time to play games.

As I mentioned earlier, I have the background and the passion to make this work. Gaming is, and will always be, an important part of my life.

I cannot confirm where I am working this fall/winter, but I'm very flexible and can find time for a game morning/noon/night, whenever necessary.

I do expect to get a PS4 around Christmas time, but I will be keeping my PS3 for Grand Theft Auto V, and I have no issues playing 2k14 on the older system as well. Planning on using the PS4 for graphic-intensive games like Destiny and COD.

Simulation basketball to me is realism on the court and in the stat sheets after the games. That means varying shot selection, moving the ball around and not exploiting the game by mashing the steal button, full-court pressing 24/7 and other tactics which lead to unrealistic results. I'm not much of a play caller myself, so I don't think that's required as long as one is working the ball themselves for realistic looks. That means not exploiting weak transition D's by turboing past defenders on a regular basis.

My favorite teams are the Pistons and Warriors. I would prefer to play with the Warriors (favorite player is Draymond Green, and Curry/Iggy are way too much fun), but I would happily play with the Pistons, if necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Derek C
    EMAIL:dwcmcr9091@gmail.com
    TIME ZONE:CST
    PSN ID:bkhogfan51

What is your previous league experience (if any)? Been in leagues on tso for 4 years now. To many to count

Graveyard shift
    Enjoy basketball and enjoy 2k14

Im active and always get my games in.
    We promote an active community and prefer that our members check in on a nearly daily basis; do you anticipate any issues in being active on the forums and contributing to the league and the TSO community in general? Negatory Ghostrider

Varies; but i am available most days in the evenings.
    I plan on keeping my ps3 ..so no
    Play it real or dont play it

Favorite team
    Thunder
    Bulls

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): glen cieske
    EMAIL: gcieske12@gmail.com
    TIME ZONE: cst
    PSN ID: gchessk

Chompions League (NCAA) and VFL (Madden) last year.

Chompions (NCAA)
    Extreme Makeover (NCAA)
    Commish of Slush Fund (NCAA)

Always loved 2k basketball, I want play people that have a sim mindset while building up a franchise realisticlly.

Content, content, content lol I enjoy doing content for leagues. Once my high school football season is over (Late October) I will have the free time to create some content

Like I said above I'm a high school football coach so I don't much free time, but I still check the forums while on break at work or on my phone throughout the day

Once football is over, anyday after 230pm cst

I'm holding out for a year before getting a next gen console. I have a wedding to pay for next year.

Not taking advantage of the flaws of the game. I have no problem with teams that chooose a certain style of play like uptempo fast break or a team that depends heavily on the 3, as long as its not taking advantage of a flaw of the game.

My favorite team is the Bucks but I will play with any team.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Bump!!!!!!!!!

9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Guess we are SOL fellas, looks like not enough interest for a TSO lg, I'm down for some scrims tho, will be getting it on Tuesday, POSSIBLY exchanging it for the PS4 version if Live isn't any good, C ya online...

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I mean the game isn't out yet and I think a league like this would really get its legs more toward November-Dec, wouldn't scrap hope just yet

• Like Like x 1
  11. xxkimura

xxkimura Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Tim D
    EMAIL: Spinpwns@yahoo.com
    TIME ZONE: PST
    PSN ID: xxkimura

2k league, GS football lg
    GS
    2k is my favorite game
    Sim player, active
    Nope have no problem doing that in GS
    Changes every day but I have time.
    With the next generation of consoles on the horizon; do you foresee circumstances where you would stop playing NBA 2K14 on the PS3 in favor of one of the new consoles? no

Playing like the real thing (with less fouls :p)

Thanks. Warriors, no problem playing with someone else.

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CTfromDC maybe you should go on OS or something and try to recruit some people to come over here. We've got 7 signed up, I think 12 could make it work

13. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Has Ryty signed up?

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Doesn't look like it

15. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Mike Peters

EMAIL: mike.peters44@yahoo.com
    TIME ZONE: CST
    PSN ID: majesty95

VFL commish (Madden 13), Blue Chips (NCAA 13), Extreme Makeover commish (NCAA 14)

Extreme Makeover (NCAA 14)

I like NBA but don't really have anyone to play it with. I like the franchise aspect and like sim gaming.

I like doing content and stay active on here every day.

No

I'm pretty open right now.

Not really sure. I know much more about football than basketball. But, I hate when guys go to the same thing over and over and exploit obvious flaws in the AI.

I'd like to play with the T-Wolves being from Minnesota originally but could possibly play with the Kings or Suns or any number of better teams.

• Like Like x 1
  16. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

• Like Like x 3
  19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CTfromDC There seems to be a solid interest in doing this. We've got 7 signed up and several others have been tagged and suggested to do the same. 2K is a solid game to play the CPU in, so we don't need to completely fill with users. When you think about it, an NCAA OD generally has 25% games against users and 75% against the CPU during a season. Even if we only had 10 users in this, it would be a pretty similar ratio.

20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

If ct doesnt want to run it. Ill run it.

• Like Like x 2
  22. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

I don't know if I be interest but thanks of thinking of me

23. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I will get the game probably here on Tuesday.. Just not sure if I will have the time... Just let me know the details and all.. Keep me in the loop!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  24. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

You could add me to a wait list. I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a copy this year. Probably a few weeks after release.

25. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I'm getting this for ps4 - but thanks guys!