(PS3) New "Spread Only" Dynasty

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Archie Griffin, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    Since the time of year has come for seasonal gamers to go bye-bye, and since there hasn't been anything really new and innovative in the Online Dynasty world for a while, we have decided to shake things up a bit, and try something no one else is doing. Here's the idea:

What if there were a league in which you could play as Cam Newton or Denard Robinson, and actually do what they do? What if there was a league in which the spread offense could be run completely? I think we may have found a way.

This year's game seems to favor pro-style running over any other kind. So, in order to get a realistic running game, we must first kill the spread running game, or simply be OK with 400 yards rushing every game. Because of this, large parts of almost every playbook are simply not worth running. Read Option = useless. Shotgun PA pass = nearly useless. Shotgun draw or sweep = might as well not even exist. Unless ...

Now, since the slider setting for this league will make it easy to run from under center, we will be restricting playbooks pretty severely, and asking players to only run under center in user games, when sliders are at a default setting. I'm sure the goalline stuff inside the five is fine, but we're looking to limit it in all other areas of the game.

The commish for this league is going to be Carolinaeasy. We are taking his current league, called "The Left Coast" and remaking it to allow for this concept to have a chance to develop. What teams are available, what conferences we will run - this stuff is all still to be worked out. We're trying to be as open as possible.

Easy's out of town for a bit, but we wanted to get this thing rolling as soon as possible, so I thought I'd pitch in and make the announcement. We have a roster of six at the moment, and we'd like to fill out the rest before we push forward. Try getting with Easy if you're interested, but you can get in touch with me as well. We look forward to getting started, so get with us as soon as you can.

Thanks guys,