Archived PS3 Problems

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jvigorous1, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

PS3 Problems

While I was playing a game online vs Bigtubb my game suddenly froze in the 3rd qtr. I restart the PS3 and the game doesn't load. Restarted again and it loaded, so I wanted to see if it was a server issue and tried a quickmatch game. Froze at team selection... now my PS3 is making beeping noises when I try to restart.. Restarted again and now the cd drive doesn't read anything including blu rays.... I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyone have an idea what might be the problem?

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I thought that was just a server issue....wow that sounds like you have a virus or some ish...Can PS3's get those....

3. BG

BG On The Rize!

I have had several issues of the sort, but none of the mechanical problems (knock on wood). My game does jump offline when playing online and resets by itself. Also, is this game supposed to be in 1080p. On the back of the box it says 1080p, but mine only shows in 720. Is it only me or mine..........?

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Hopefully your not getting the yellow light of death. I'm a victim myself..

[​IMG]

5. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

nope no yellow light. Just made a beep noise before I turned it off last night. Tried it again this morning and still not reading the game, blu ray or dvd. I searched the beep noise and thats supposedly a warning that the PS3 is overheating.

6. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Did some more research on disc problems. One thing I noticed is that this mainly happened to people playing Modern Warfare 2 online.

I tried PS3 revocery menu, restore, fix corrupt files, vacuuming vents, etc. Still nada!

7. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

sounds like what happened to my ps3 jvig. Playing bio shock, ps3 froze worked for a bit after that then turned into RLOD. my suggestion is bite the bullet and buy a new one or send your current one in.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

It doesn't sound to good bruh... I think you caught the YLOD. Like t2 said your best bet is to buy another one and send that one in. If Sony sends you back a refurb sell it on Ebay/Craigslist. Just don't try to open it yourself because Sony will reject it.

9. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I went ahead and traded my PS2 and old PS2 games in and paid for a used 80 GB PS3 Slim. So far it's working good and shouldn't miss anything. I'm going to finish the Preseason outlook tomorrow.

My new PS3 ID is Jvigorous30, so please send me an invite on your friends list when you get a chance.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Thats cool. if we are starting soon with the current roster Jerzy has let me know so i can fix the joke of a roster i have here in Champaign

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Seems like you forgot that good ol' password too, lol. I'll add you when I get home and that's good to hear you got e'rthing straightened out.

Fix their roster and then upload the file into your locker. I'll grab it and fix a couple tonight. Still waiting on others to post their changes.