PS3 Round Four May Need to be Postponed - Server Problems

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bruinboy20, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

This just appeared on Playstation web site ...

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can."

2. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Yep, just seen this too. This could literally not have happened at a worse time. Very very shit.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

YES! The PS3 guys are deleted!

Looks like we all have a chance again XBOX guys!

Hahaha just kidding... if there are problems getting rounds in due to server problems, there will be a chance for the final round to be made up. Let's see how it progresses...

4. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

a FULL day or two? Are you FN kidding me?? I've got 4 or 5 more hours at work, hope it's resolved by then. I won't tell anyone what I've been shooting offline at Augusta for Sunday pins and tournament settings.....however, has anyone else noticed any pin settings offline seem WAY easier than online???

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

go ahead PS3 guys...keep saying that it's better than Xbox. Sometimes paying a few bucks for online play is WELL worth it

6. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

I was under the impression that the Augusta course is different to how pins are generated on the other courses.

Literally, they use the same pin positions as what they do for the Masters tournament ?! Whenever i play Augusta, the pins never change. Which is why i thought they were called " Thursday pins " etc. As they mimic the real life pin positions for that day.

7. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Used to be a 360 guy, until almost every other game I bought would freeze and a myriad of other mind numbing annoyances -- and then, when I finally got the ring of death, I said screw it, I'm going to the "Sony" side......been WAY happier except for the online play.....I will never dispute that in a platform debate

8. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Hackers can't be helped. Only takes a stupid few to spoil the fun for a few others ( or a few million ). I didn't actually know you guys paid to play online. ouch.

9. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I've been contemplating getting the Sony Plus or whatever the hell it's called, but I don't know how it could possibly make a difference. It'd be hard to convince me they are using separate servers for the subscription....

10. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

I have Sony Plus and not sure if I will renew. I'm unable to connect just like everyone else, plus or minus ... :D

11. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Glad I was quickly talked out paying for that then. So WHAT are the benefits????

12. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

My favorite ... automatic updates downloaded overnight ... I'm trying to figure out what else. Also, have some free avatars, some beta-testing opportunities. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Here's another link to info as to what is happening with PSN. I got it from EA's Tiger Woods forum.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/21/psn-bro...ut-anonymous-claims-innocence/

Not sure why link isn't working. But will take you to article if go to "News" on the bar and it's the first or second article listed.

13. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Awesome (note the sarcasm).

14. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

lol Sony fail...

15. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Ok attn PS3 people...An executive decision has been made that we all we meet up and play in Bruinboy20's house.
    We will broadcast our rounds on ESPN4,which was unaffected by the outages.
    The man is providing us with steaks this big,fine wine and quality entertainment.
    So everyone say thank you uncle Bruin and get your asses to Nebraska so we can get this party started.

Alternative venue is London,where Jon Caroll will be crashing the Royall wedding

Thank you and good luck hitchhiking!!!

PS Bruin we couldn't reach you,but we know you won't mind ,so get to cooking sir!!!

Edit: NAme misspell fixed

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

John Carroll may be crashing the wedding, but Jon Carroll is playing golf on that day ! lol

;)

17. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Whatever you say Joe!

18. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

OK, I just returned from Omaha steaks. Have fine wine and finer beer. You guys bring a side dish to share. We are good to go.

19. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Well 15 minutes away from my scheduled tee time I don't see them fixing it...Missing calm conditions too
    @Basis4aDay56 let us know what we do

20. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

By the sounds of things -- us PS3 guys aren't going to be able to play round four until AT LEAST, tomorrow night. This blows, hard.

21. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

I think the XBox guys may have hacked the system ... they saw how well we were doing at Augusta.

22. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Someone hacked it, whether it was Anonymous or not, this shit is getting old. Had the same problem a few weeks back and beyond annoying.

23. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

What can you do though. I take it this is the kind of the thing sony work on around the clock 24/7. So who knows it could spring back to life at any time...

24. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Take all my Sony shit somewhere to get what I can for it, and go back to the 360....guess I'd have to pony up for a blu-ray player, but I could deal with that much better than having my service interrupted every couple weeks.....because by the sounds it, Sony is having a hard time holding back all these hack-sucks who are pissed off because Sony went after one of them......

25. Bruinboy20

Bruinboy20 Walk On

Dubya, have you considered THIS TIME it might be Bilious trying to take you out? Just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.